Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

So sick of product integration and how everything is so network-oriented. I don't want my youtube account to be linked with my gmail account, nor do I want it to interact with the facebook and skype accounts I don't have. I don't want my music on my phone and I don't want my phone to play that music in my car.

Before we know it our Nikes are going to come installed with google toolbars.

Sounds like somebody caught a mean case of the Weatherbug.

Seriously, though... I don't want to seem cynical about it but I can only assume linking everything as a marketing campaign is almost like an oil rush to see who can obtain "exclusivity" among a group of integrated products in which those not included are deemed irrelevant or second-rate. It's maybe a way to weed out all the onesy-twosey competition and choke out smaller start ups before they unexpectedly grow at exponential rates due to fad-based popularity. If they're not a part of the "web of integration" then people may be less likely to bandwagon them - thus securing the popularity and dominance of those integrated. I could be wrong, though.

okonomi keeps it olde school: MIDI connectivity

ohhh yeaa

but yo why does the weather channel (etc) need a "like" button. you know that took like 85 meetings and tons of "brainstorming" in order to keep the "brand image" relevant today amongst todays "techno-savvy" youth. smh it just turns me off.

So sick of product integration and how everything is so network-oriented. I don't want my youtube account to be linked with my gmail account, nor do I want it to interact with the facebook and skype accounts I don't have. I don't want my music on my phone and I don't want my phone to play that music in my car.

Before we know it our Nikes are going to come installed with google toolbars.

http://whitewhine.com/

my cell is a Nokia flip phone from 2005. after reading a dozen or so articles and reviews i still don't know if i should get an android phone or iphone. should i flip a coin

If you're thinking an iphone 4 then I guess you could flip a coin but if you're thinking any of the other iphones I'd go with a droid (coming from an iphone 3gs user).