Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

dilemma...

- temp job at a super high-profile company for a shitty salary and hope to work my way up

or

- temp job at a way lesser known company for better $$ ?

the high profile company is really cool and would look awesome on my resume butttt....

what 2 do?

dilemma...

- temp job at a super high-profile company for a shitty salary and hope to work my way up

or

- temp job at a way lesser known company for better $$ ?

the high profile company is really cool and would look awesome on my resume butttt....

what 2 do?

first option. having the opportunity to work up at a place you like is a good feeling. $$$ will come

first option

i met this guy who basically started off doing back-office work for an asset management company (answering phone calls from investors basically) and then through his exposure to various clients, was promoted to doing front office work. he quickly rose up the ranks to become the lead guy in a division and became partner thereafter.

also, following your dreamz is cool too

i just went to the california academy of sciences for the first time for this thing called nightlife which was pretty fun. basically the museum exhibits were open, they have "bars" so you can get cocktails and walk around. they also had a dj and a bunch of nerds dancing on the makeshift dance floor. it's a cool concept, check it out if you're in sf. maybe not the event but the museum itself.

http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/

first option junglejane it's always good to have that experience on your resume if they don't bump up your pay later on

you can't always good pay, as i think this is your first job post undergrad? if you are still open to looking, i feel contract jobs are kinda good for us new graduates

some of my classmates have had better luck with entry level pay with contract jobs. $35/hr for 2 year contract. i think his title is junior physicist or some shit

isnt it frustrating how some bigger companies feel that they can abuse their status by paying their employees less? unless of course they are spending large amounts on training.

my brother just had this same dilemma but further along in his career. he could have stayed with a smaller company who really looked after him and paid a decent amount, but instead he decided to take a lesser salary and work for a high end company, where should he do well, will allow for much higher future earnings and career gain.

I'd stick to my guns and stay with a smaller company that treats you like one of the pack.

Recession bullying is becoming a really, really big problem these days. I work in I.T. I'm always browsing for job opportunities and I've noticed that they're really lowballing people these days for jobs that are extremely high-stress and have very intimidating workloads and skill sets.

I used to work for a HUGE company with many health care organizations under its umbrella. When they froze our pay and OT, the executives kept having hyper expensive luncheons every single day and apparently received unprecedented bonuses. Apparently it was to "keep talent in our ranks under hard times."

Bullshit.

isnt it frustrating how some bigger companies feel that they can abuse their status by paying their employees less? unless of course they are spending large amounts on training.

my brother just had this same dilemma but further along in his career. he could have stayed with a smaller company who really looked after him and paid a decent amount, but instead he decided to take a lesser salary and work for a high end company, where should he do well, will allow for much higher future earnings and career gain.

I'd stick to my guns and stay with a smaller company that treats you like one of the pack. I'm competing for a job that does that. It's an "elite" IT company that contracts its employees out for big money. It's on the smaller side, amazing benefits and great pay. If I land this, I'm staying. Known for being somewhat expensive and very good.

Recession bullying is becoming a really, really big problem these days. I work in I.T. I'm always browsing for job opportunities and I've noticed that they're really lowballing people these days for jobs that are extremely high-stress and have very intimidating workloads and skill sets.

I used to work for a HUGE company with many health care organizations under its umbrella. When they froze our pay and OT, the executives kept having hyper expensive luncheons every single day and apparently received unprecedented bonuses. Apparently it was to "keep talent in our ranks under hard times."

Bullshit.

I actually had to look it up to understand what you meant.

"To Lockhart/Gardner's disbelief, Louis Canning returns to face off against Alicia once again when the firm represents families of workers who committed suicide due to miserable working conditions."

Our in house manager would actually scream at people. She was a little troll.

so i learned from a friend how to say "balls" in taiwanese and said it around the house. my mom started scolding me in chinglish saying that only "low level" people say words like that. and all i could think was "haha theyre low level, what noobs. step your game up"

anyways i love not having the same first language as my parents.

she kkind of said she luvs me on a text maessage ... i don't think i feel ready to luv back plus i'm leavin that shithole in a few months and her too wtf i'm hanging out at my friends it'll like hum heuuu get my ideas back together or something.