Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

if a woman help put a guy through business school and organizing charity events for his company (basically being an exec wife) and he turns out to become a millionaire, she deserves to get half in the divorce settlement, right?

the misogynist in me says no

if a woman help put a guy through business school and organizing charity events for his company (basically being an exec wife) and he turns out to become a millionaire, she deserves to get half in the divorce settlement, right?

the misogynist in me says no

yeah she deserves that money. i would say no if she was a useless trophy wife.

I have a what.cd account that is under the ratio (so I can't dl anything) and I have nothing seeding. I thought it was closed a while ago so I didn't mess with it, but apparently its still up. edt: you will have to either upload something to the site or attach something to a torrent file that is on the site and is exactly the same to get above the ratio needed. If you don't know anything about this shit I would advise you to not worry about it and let someone who can use it take it.

someone want it? first cool person to holla can have it.

and congrats shufon. What are you studying?

if i'm not mistaken you where the first to post a picture of this bike a while ago. my mom's boyfriend who's quite knowledgeable on bikes kind of talked me off it (authenticity, feeling blah blah blah), but I still find it beautiful. too bad they don't make much of those and they cost a fortune...

i saw a modded ducati recently with the same color scheme and overally kind of the same look, it really looked and sounded brilliant. i'll see if there's pictures of it on the internets.

edit: that was quick

tomsportclassic012zf1.jpg

Freecat,

Yeah, that's the ducati sport classic. Looks like they put some Ohlins on it, too. US Nortons won't have Ohlins when they're released here to drive the price down since it's an import. I'm fine with that, I can do that after market whenever I can afford it.

As far as the Norton goes, I've heard people say that and the opposite. People love Nortons so there's going to be a purist reaction against any new Norton. The reaction I've read and heard from people who have actually driven this bike is that it has all of the old Norton's strengths (Power, Balance, Handling) and none of the weaknesses you found in CERTAIN models (reliability in the first electric start commandos). You have to remember, the commandos ruled the street long before the advancements of modern biking. If they put out a bike that felt exactly like an old commando, then they'd be making a bike that was a novelty bike for nostalgia's sake and they'd be sacrificing integrity and performance. The bike still feels like a norton where it should to most who have driven it. I like the old nortons and especially the Manx, but there are enough to go around if you want to ride the old horse. I know I do. I don't feel that we need another Royal Enfield in today's market. Not at that price, at least.

What's cool is that they've kept a lot of the ultra-moden bells and whistles off of the norton's design allowing you to work on it yourself easily. To modify what you need to in order to get your ride right. To a lot of people that's what a bike should be. And Norton, as they always have, have proven that they're sticking with that ideal. Nortons were always brutal and business-like in their elegance. I'd buy that fucker.

Check out this Hyde Harrier:

hydeharrier.jpg

Now check out these old Norton Gus Kuhn kits:

d1.jpg

3401188185_eb6fd75a06.jpg

Brutal, business-like, beautiful. BAM.