Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

no way apple apps are better than android

get a droid tablet but the xoom is 800$ so... wait i guess

to be fair, droid also has angry birds and really what else do you need?

Burger Joint in Le Parker Meridian fucking blows. I went today for the first time in years and can remember why it's been so long. They grill the burgers on an open flame which runs all the fat and juices off, leaving the meat flavorless (meat's prolly not all that to begin with). I got with a Whopper-esque "works" (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, ketchup, mustard, mayo) and all I could taste were the toppings w/ a warm, toothsome bite.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

in the future everyone will live alone in tiny apartments doing the same stuff and then eventually everyone will die and there'll be no more humanity. unless we all die sooner than that.

although i'm having a good time today i couldn't find any happier thought.

Just throwing this out there:

On Friday, I'm flying into manchester, will be spending most of my time in york at my girlfriend's dorm. We're going to take a trip down to london or somewhere next week, but we're down for distractions. I have a few friends, relatives, here and there but throw me a PM if you want to hang out. More people to contact would definitely be appreciated.

Hah, if anyone has a floor in london or anywhere for a night so we don't kill all our cash on hostels would be amazing. I'm just throwing this out there on the off chance someone wants to welcome us. We both can cook, so we'd owe you dinner at the very least.

I have no beef with vegetarians, but a friend on fb posted some stats on how many animals get ko'd a month to feed my fatass and I responded by basically saying it's worth it. her weird friend posted this.

"It sucks when ignorant people post comments mocking the murder of sentient beings, as seen in the post above mine. Eating meat is the biggest hypocrisy. I mean, I know it's meant to be a joke, ha ha, but cmon, have some decency.."

"Eating meat is the biggest hypocrisy."

smh facepalm through my brain

^^^^^^^

I was talking to a friend of mine at work saying I pigged out on my first weekend off in months with my homie and we went to local burger joints two nights in a row and some chick comes out of nowhere saying she can't believe people are still living in the stone age and how can we move forward as a civilization when people are so ignorant.

Wish I would have had something awesome to throw in her face but all I had was "well you can start the process by minding your own damn business."

Yeah, moral veganism really is a tribal affair in which the "tribe" (animal kingdom) in question is ranked among a very common denominator. To think that you're morally just in not eating meat by stating that you do not "kill" is pretty flawed if only because many of them take such a staunch, universal tone when addressing the issue. If it was truly a philosophical stance as many frame it to be, the argument would lose ground quickly.

Then again, I'm pro choice. There is no way for me to know if embryo feels pain. I do see a much bigger picture here, though, and I don't try to liken my argument to flimsy and ultra-subjective notions of morality.

i get a little grumpy if i have a meal without some form of meat

I've actually dabbled, like most young girls, in moral veganism. I wouldn't downplay it as a "phase" because it has merit. However, that totally depends on how you frame yourself.

It's like how Madonna and Angelina Jolie fly to africa, and seemingly bypass the hellish adoption process most good folks have to go through to even be considered as adoptive parents, and pick a kid from a village only to have a few photo ops and have it raised by a nanny. This doesn't mean they're good people. It means they're dumb people trying to look good in the mirror.