the fabric is sprayed on glass beads and then coated with a wr finish that keeps durability much higher than 3m's. its supposed to be 30x more durable than the standard 3m full reflective (wash resistance). the problem with the 3m fabric is that they have trouble keeping the glass beads bonded to the base fabric. heres a detail of the jacket fabric:

10664445156_1bd6081916_z.jpg

the new nike shield jackets are made with a stretch reflective fabric...its super cool and the hand is really sick but there is no WR and its not breathable. thats why u see it applied on the lower portion of the jacket. im not too sure where they get it from but it was really similar to schoellers stretch reflective. the old nike flash jackets are definitely 3m - it feels nice but ure basically wearing laminated reflective tape. the fabic im using has a rougher hand but due to the differences in construction there is some breathability

Edited by Sammy You

The reflective material topic one is an interesting one to me. Anyone know what kind of material stone island uses then? It seems like they also use some kind of treatment on the colored reflective jackets. Sounds like either way you've got a somewhat restricted lifespan for those kinds of jackets, which I guess shouldn't be too surprising.

What has been read can not be unread..?

The force of nature that is our brand fuses engineering, extensive research, experimentation. The mix comes from a unique purpose-driven thought process. The work philosophy is based on technically advanced garments that are refined, smart, and timeless. The formula starts with the fiber and textiles made for any weather condition. Various social environments are also considered during our process. 

From the makers and riders blog...

anyone here have the mission workshop orion and bosun?

I've been looking for a waterproof jacket with a hood and was thinking of copping the orion + bosun together so if anyone here has reviews either for it or against it, that'd be nice

i also looked into acronym but not sure i want to drop that much at the moment

http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/featured/arc-teryx-leaf-naga-td-exclusive-wolf-black

Limited edition duotone naga hoody. Interesting to see arc'teryx leaf doing collabs like this. Looks like they're finally coming to terms with the lifestyle appeal of the leaf line.

where to cop fidlock components?

i wanna experiment with something..

saw an interesting video about this new spray rustoleum created called "neverwet" that repels water. since so much techwear is concerned with weather/water proof-ness thought it might be an interesting thing to contribute to this thread. seemingly normal clothes can now be turned waterproof with just a spray. 

[media]

[\media]

my question is how is the breathability of the material after it's been sprayed and if the fabric somehow alters in feel after it has been sprayed. (might have been answered but had to watch the video without sound) it seems like an interesting thing to experiment with.

Did anyone end up getting any of the Isaora iO stuff? I'm interested in the henley, but I can't tell from the model pic if it fits huge or he's just wearing 2 sizes too big.

I got the ioFleece. I think it's pretty nice, it's big and fluffly. I got a large and seems like their stuff runs TTS off their size chart.

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

anyone here have the mission workshop orion and bosun?

I've been looking for a waterproof jacket with a hood and was thinking of copping the orion + bosun together so if anyone here has reviews either for it or against it, that'd be nice

i also looked into acronym but not sure i want to drop that much at the moment

I have the Orion.   Its slick.

No complaints for me.

I was  going to get the Bosun, but I dont really see a need for it.  When its cold I just put on a baselayer/sweater and im good.