Tell me about it, I've been searching for 5 panel waterproof caps without logos. I settled for a black-on-black NY cap. (or rep GORE-TEX instead :P). 

I bought one from TNF Standard last week - 

4ee6fd601cca11e38ce622000a9f13a7_7.jpg

There's a little fingernail size purple label tag on one side of the brim but even if you didn't want that it could be cut off. 

The fabric is really interesting in person. Look and feels great, never seen or felt anything quite like it.

I don't own anything of theirs but I've heard from people (mostly from styleforum) who have that the water repellent properties decrease with wear around areas of high friction. After a few months those high-wear areas start to soak up water.

Somewhat disappointing to hear since I like their designs and the material is really one of a kind.

I think the point of these jackets isn't to be impermeable to the elements because they age really fast. I think the point is to let them get to that destroyed, distressed look.

If you're looking for something to really protect from the weather I'd look elsewhere unless you are really sold on the look.

Yeah I guess the distressed look is cool, but I guess the fabric is so different that you cant just treat it with some sort of re-proofer? I've been impressed by initial trying on of the jackets but I guess for 1k I'd rather have a jacket that keeps me dry 

isaora reversible insulated sport coat.... 

What's your take on why Isaora might look like barf on someone as opposed to in a spread? Is it just a matter of buying the right size? Or does Isaora just nip and pin their fits to hell?

And just found this... might. not. cop.

ior-7916-a.jpg

Unsure of which to acquire... Whichever one will keep me warmer isn't too much of a concern because the weather here isn't too extreme. Isaora always looks awesome in their spreads but sometimes like shit in fit pics. You can't really go wrong with Arct'eryx, but I'd like to try something new that isn't Gore. Thoughts? or trash bag?

Isaora Reversible insulated Sportcoat

FW12-ONLINE-918-Edit_1024x1024.jpg?0

any one end up getting one of these or know of any non stock fit pics?

Edited by skuxxil

Dropped by the arc'teryx flagship store in london yesterday. Much smaller than i expected, and they didn't have the entire line, but they did have more than your average retailer. The staff was super friendly and quite knowledgable.

Some highlights: the flagship store will stock veilance soon. Eta is about a month out.

I also got to check out the new Parsec hooded coat. It's suprisingly lightweight and fits quite refined. Not super slim and with a little room for layering, but definitely not boxy. The face fabric however is kinda shiny and goretex-y which ultimately prevented me from copping. Overall it's quite good looking and definitely a transitional piece between 24 and veilance.

Dropped by the arc'teryx flagship store in london yesterday. Much smaller than i expected, and they didn't have the entire line, but they did have more than your average retailer. The staff was super friendly and quite knowledgable.

Some highlights: the flagship store will stock veilance soon. Eta is about a month out.

They're opening their first non-factory store in Vancouver (Kitsilano) next month and apparently they'll have Veilance from the outset.

^fabric is a stretchy synthetic mesh so it drapes super nice

not going to have any technical capabilities in terms of water resistance.  It does have all taped edges tho as u can see in the pic but it's for other purposes.  Plus it has storm cuffs which are pretty nice actually.  It's supposedly the outer shell and the denim jacket is to be worn inside as the "lining."  

Descente Dual-ism Project: Fall – Winter 2013

HjOYb0Bl.jpg

Into this arena steps Descente, another heritage brand with a history stretching back to 1935. This is a brand with a rich pedigree in producing high performance technical fabric for active sportswear.

Descente, founded in Osaka, Japan, is probably best known for their ski and cycling wear. In a similar vein to Stone Island’s focus on fabric and dyeing innovation, Descente have based their lifetime’s work on the study of kinetic movement, seeking to provide optimum comfort, durability and a fit that gives the wearer an unprecedented amount of freedom.

Launched in 2012, Descente unveiled the Dual-ism Project as a capsule collection of just a few pieces but this season sees an expansion of the range as they seek to grow the brand’s presence in the UK...

http://www.dualism.descente.com/

pic

better photos. i like this thing.

can you run around in those? I'm looking for something flexible but sturdy, something that can handle me jumping around in them without being too thin (e.g. frees). any recommendations for gloves as well? 

also, aitor always looks amazing, but expensive as per usual. 

can you run around in those? I'm looking for something flexible but sturdy, something that can handle me jumping around in them without being too thin (e.g. frees).

to be honest i'm not entirely sure. despite the "acg" link/association it's apparently under the nike 6.0 or SB line or some such thing; ultimately you'll have to purchase a pair and try running in but i fathom they'll be *okay* for it at best. don't take my word as gospel as i lack first-hand experience.

you'll also need to take into consideration the demand for them, or at least what seems to be a demand for them (sold out on every online retailer i've seen so far)

to be honest i'm not entirely sure. despite the "acg" link/association it's apparently under the nike 6.0 or SB line or some such thing; ultimately you'll have to purchase a pair and try running in but i fathom they'll be *okay* for it at best. don't take my word as gospel as i lack first-hand experience.

you'll also need to take into consideration the demand for them, or at least what seems to be a demand for them (sold out on every online retailer i've seen so far)

I think size.co.uk is getting them shortly as far as online retailers go.

I was originally planning on getting black timbs this winter but I think I might pick up the ACG mids along with a pair of wheat timbs for some variety in my winter rotation.

^fabric is a stretchy synthetic mesh so it drapes super nice

not going to have any technical capabilities in terms of water resistance.  It does have all taped edges tho as u can see in the pic but it's for other purposes.  Plus it has storm cuffs which are pretty nice actually.  It's supposedly the outer shell and the denim jacket is to be worn inside as the "lining."  

I think I talked about this earlier, but the seams are not exactly taped. They created their own and entirey unique method of making seams. The panels of material are "mended" at the edges with zero excess material in the seams. the craftmanship and attention to detail are nuts.

is there a substantial difference between these veilance facet gloves (below) and the tactician ar glove, beside lack of branding and type of leather used?  looks like the same pattern and fit, unless someone can enlighten me further

NYubfyL.png

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

Riding my bike back from the gym yesterday i passed a rather pleb clothing store and caught a glimpse of what seemed to be huge military style velcro arm panels on a jacket. Did a 180 and checked it out, turned out to be a black nylon tactical style jacket made by... G-star.

Strange days.