Ah of course. The colour is 'industrial orange' or something with the reinforced areas in a grey.

It's a North Face Summit Series made from Goretex XCR. I bought it off eBay, but pretty sure I read they'd provide repairs at a reasonable cost. Might get in touch with them as well.

If I do go with a new jacket, any thoughts on Paclite vs. eVENT? I quite like the Arc'teryx Alpha SL in the 'carbon copy', but I haven't seen it locally so can't try it on. Also plan on riding in it and have read that eVENT breathes a lot better. Tried on a MacPac Traverse jacket today on sale (no arm-pit vents and only a chest-pocket). Cost-wise they are similar, and both are 2.5 layers as I understand.

Edit: And how about those Goretex repair kits? They're cheap and I can iron one on, but a wash or two would probably do it in eh?

Edited by Quiver

Venting isn't just your jacket. Wearing cotton acts like a sponge,so wool or other more tech stuff will help breathability.

I tried E vent and Pac lite and I didn't feel that difference. I borrowed my mates E vent jacket for a day riding, so no long experience but good enough. Go for the nicest and best priced one.

Those kits are for a patch up job. No scratch on a repair..

recieved new tilak catalogues in the mailbox today. good ol' paper!

(tanks to daniel because without his order there would be no catalogues here)

here are few shots from it, seems like the black versions (called carbon) come with blacked out logo and one jacket comes total logoless - good move! i really like the white odin (if only i did not have enough anoraks). anyway pictures:

*highest level technology is quality.

thanks for this, i love tilak so much. i've wanted one of the lighter weight pieces for ages.

Thanks aso, I can become very obsessed with minor details, and this was the case when considering all the different brands and fabrics available on the market. Did research on the interwebz till like 2am last night lol... Ended up getting the eVent jacket, the MacPac SA was very helpful and the price was reasonable. Gonna go take it for a test ride now.

outler stuff is great. I've never handled their non-pants stuff but i have their workwear pants, og pants, 60/30 chino, and their ultra light trousers. all of them except the workwear pants stretch like crazy, i'm talking about pretty much doing the splits, but they still keep their shape and feel good. the workwear pretty don't stretch at all, which kind of sucks for me since i sized down one. they still fit well.

everything but the ultralight summer trousers drape normally since it's very thin and light material.I'd say my favorite would be the chinos, and my least favorite being the workwear, but they're still good. I'll probably buy another pair of chinos in the near future.

p.s: i hate tigerprawn for always hitting sufu up with sales and making me spend money. ;)

Edited by wahwho11

arkiv-field-pack-small-2.jpeg

Nice new edition to the ARKIV collection in stealth black.

http://missionworkshop.com/products/arkiv-system-bags/R2-field-pack-overview.php

Blurb from the site:

R2 Arkiv Field Pack

The R2 Field Packs allow for the secure and simple attachment of weatherproof accessories to the exterior of the bag. The Arkiv® modular system gives the bag freedom to evolve and adapt as needed. The R2 series is equipped with two Arkiv rails for a multitude of carry options in a minimalist design. Accessories range from simple cell phone pouches and tool pockets to larger organizers and laptop sleeves.

First production run will be made with a white VX interior and black waxed canvas exterior for the bag and all accessories.

All Arkiv bags and accessories are completely weatherproof, made in the USA and backed by a lifetime warranty.

got my outlier three way long shorts. so awesome. fit is perfect and the fabric has a nice feel to it. really light. glad i picked it up since this week is hot in LA.

but question tho - are there not suppose to be any kind of branding in the inside of these shorts at all? I was hoping a little screen print on the pockets would be nice. if not, whatever, still good shorts nonetheless since I also applied a discount code! (12% off if you google it)

Edited by mr.invincible

Checked out some Stone Island in Siena (no Shadow Project, bummer) and I was very impressed by the Thermo Reflective jacket (kept in the fridge!) and the David-TC fabric pieces.

kubrick: No experience but those Neoshell pants are looking pretty sweet.

Checked out some Stone Island in Siena (no Shadow Project, bummer) and I was very impressed by the Thermo Reflective jacket (kept in the fridge!) and the David-TC fabric pieces.

kubrick: No experience but those Neoshell pants are looking pretty sweet.

I agree, that jacket is pretty sweet. I sort of do wish it was a tad bit longer in length, and I'm a fairly short guy.

so i'm going to kop some outlier trousers this f/w but which cut or other labels do you guys recommend for peeps like myself who like lounging in their nike free's and other slim profile running shoes? Been rocking just dri-fit nike shorts but want to move into pants with tee or OCBD w/ a light outerwear tech piece as well (think ervell or something, or even NSW Italy line etc.)

Edited by gettoasty