this is probably better suited for the clothing for the great outdoors thread but that is long dead - and the du's in here probably know more about fabric.

anyway, i have two shells - arcteryx and a patagonia torrentshell. i actually like the torrentshell alot more for daily use, however i just noticed about a 5cmx5cm patch on the shoulder has started sort of fraying. i'm not sure how to explain it but its sort of the effect that happens to the back of cotton sweaters (usually) due to friction or washing - those little cotton ball things (think its called 'pilling'?)

anyway, does anyone know what causes this on such a fabric? i thought it would be impossible - esp since its only 9ish months old. patagonia's website says the fabric is a "2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard nylon ripstop waterproof/breathable fabric repels moisture".

i know its hardly an expensive jacket, but i had a north face venture for years a while back (basically the same as a torrentshell) and nothing similar ever happened.

there are adidas boat CC lace sneakers on the clymb right now, limited sizes. 8, 8.5, 10.5, 11.5. It's the black/spray/purple version, pic below. If you click this link to go to the clymb, i get a bonus if/when you buy something. you can choose to do that or not, just wanted to share the deal as I got a pair myself (these were the type of thing that I didn't want to spend 75 dollars on but am glad to get a pair to try out. they are 43 shipped on the clymb.)

V22307-S12-pop.gif

^ Those Adidas are TOTALLY worth $43. I won't be wearing them much in the fall/winter except to the gym, but I loved wearing them all summer.

I'm 5'8 150-155lbs and the Bomber is a size Med.

I'm 6'3 and around 170 pounds. I went for a M as well and it fits me just right, too... Haha.

Edited by ADH92

had a chat with marc of isaora who's a really nice guy about the cost of shipping over to europe;

he says that they're aware of the issue with the present costing of shipping and hopefully trying to come with up a solution maybe renegotiation with their present couriers or shipping from their warehouse in europe that caters for their european stockists and it might be in place for the a/w drop which would be great news! really want those gauntlets :)

Edited by scamster

however i just noticed about a 5cmx5cm patch on the shoulder has started sort of fraying. i'm not sure how to explain it but its sort of the effect that happens to the back of cotton sweaters (usually) due to friction or washing - those little cotton ball things (think its called 'pilling'?)

anyway, does anyone know what causes this on such a fabric? i thought it would be impossible - esp since its only 9ish months old.

it's not impossible in any knit fabric - pilling is caused by loose fibers rolling up on the surface due to abrasive wear (sort of like rubber cement / boogers). it's not a big deal in terms of functionality but i've used an electric razor to shave it off when it gets excessive if you don't like the look

recieved new tilak catalogues in the mailbox today. good ol' paper!

(tanks to daniel because without his order there would be no catalogues here)

here are few shots from it, seems like the black versions (called carbon) come with blacked out logo and one jacket comes total logoless - good move! i really like the white odin (if only i did not have enough anoraks). anyway pictures:

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

*highest level technology is quality.

Blast from the past buy I thought that any pics here might be welcome.

Would love to know who designed this particular garment from ANALOG, I bought it a few years ago now and it is seriously one of my fave jackets ever made.

I wonder if it has lineage that leads to a certain ACRONYM?

So without further ado, here you go.

Back view,once unfolded from it's bag state.

Front view, you can see the taped seams and 'exhaust port' just below the toggle on the hood on the left, to vent your breath away from your visor, thus preventing a freeze.

Part Kevlar construction.

And the fun part - Integrated led lighting in the hood visor for those gloomy days in NeoManhattan !

Not shown is the 'powder skirt' don't really need that in the UK !

Any news on the designer would be very welcome if anyone out there knows - such a great jacket - built to withstand anything an apocalypse could throw at it !

nice jacket. my guess is that it's made by the snowboarding company Analog but I could be wrong.