Apologies if this has been covered but whats good for a tech approved winter weight shoe that is fairly waterproof. Comfort is key since it will be my travelling shoe - lots of walking.

edit: when i say winter weight I don't mean anything too crazy, I won't be trekking through snow. just something warmer then a pair of free's or lunars.

I feel like my Nike SFB chukkas will do fine in winter

Leather pretty much waterproof when treated properly. Also, buying insulated shoes make no sense, just buy a pair of leather boots, size up half a size (or a full size) and wear double socks (one thin liner sock, one heavy merino sock for insulation) and you'll be fine. If you've got space left and you're still cold, get a wool insole.

Arc'teryx CEO "resigns"

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/05/29/arcteryx-ceo-tyler-jordan-resigns/

There is definitely a lot of missing info, sounds like Amer wants Arc to grow pretty damn fast.

Also Nike is divesting Cole Haan and Umbro, no idea what that means for things like the Lunargrands and Umbro Aitor Throop stuff...

http://online.wsj.com/article/bt-co-20120531-715584.html

do know what you mean with the shape but I'm kind of fond of it. they do the rucksack in the same techno material.

cote-n-ciel-coated-techno-canvas-front.jpg

excuse the size of the photo but thought I'd post as you get to see the material a little better.

Edited by scamster

Some Veilance jackets on sale at Mr Porter

I don't see it, it's still quite overpriced (like 100 euro more than Arc' store) at Mr Porter...

Edited by Brainboy

it's like that for cyclists. having a double zipper (two zip pulls) and having it a little way up can ruin the zip when cycling.

like the design of it nice and clean.

yea that makes sense, although I've never had issues w/ the zipper when biking. Doesn't matter though cos I still bought it haha. Have been looking for a similar-looking shell for a while, with no apparent logos and unnecessary details