Aesthetically speaking not finding uvu very interesting. Stuff looks very well made though so hopefully will see a bigger collection from them with a greater variety of designs!

As far as I know there will also be "lifestyle" range released to sit beside the more performance orientated stuff that is currnetly up on the website.

levi's commuter pants are on sale right now on the levi site. size up one because they're skinny. They're not as good as outliers but they end up being 53 bucks a pair with the sale:

25% off all skinny jeans (commuter trousers/pants) plus a 10% off code MEG11B. free shipping over $100. only today.

Edited by wahwho11

yo everyone. just finished browsing the entire thread...it's been really informative since i'm on the lookout for a breathable (and sharp) rainshell to wear in vancouver over the next year. i have a question maybe you guys could shed some light on. i've seen a few newer jackets (like the visvim PFD and nanamica goretex field jacket) that have a goretex lining, but then cover it up with like cotton or corduroy. doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using the membrane? i mean you'll get the protection i guess but the outer facing is just going to absorb the water and sit on you. at least that's my impression. not hating on either of those brands/products, but maybe you guys could weigh in?

well the main purpose of Gore-tex or any other waterproof membrane is to keep you dry inside. Usually those visvim and namamica jackets are designed for casual wear instead of high end performance. If you want the fabric to repel water you can always treat it with a DWR finish that wil prevent it from seeping through.

Edited by shanelong

yo everyone. just finished browsing the entire thread...it's been really informative since i'm on the lookout for a breathable (and sharp) rainshell to wear in vancouver over the next year. i have a question maybe you guys could shed some light on. i've seen a few newer jackets (like the visvim PFD and nanamica goretex field jacket) that have a goretex lining, but then cover it up with like cotton or corduroy. doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of using the membrane? i mean you'll get the protection i guess but the outer facing is just going to absorb the water and sit on you. at least that's my impression. not hating on either of those brands/products, but maybe you guys could weigh in?

i have first hand experience with the corduroy PFD from visvim, which is a 3L gore tex, but has an italian thin whaled corduroy outer. the outer is sprayed with a dwr, so it is totally water proof. the outer doesn't absorb any water whatsoever, its totally fantastic.

Good thread. I just had a quick look through my ACR collection, and I think this is the complete list, going back to 2004 (?):

Clothing etc.

GT-J4

N-J1

SS-J1W

GT-J7 (the Gore-Tex Cashmere jacket)

E-J1A

SS-J1W

SS-J2 (This is a one-off in beige WB400 Extreme, got it in Firmament around 2006)

SS-J6

EP-4S

FFW-T1

GT-J11

GT-J22

Bags

3A-1TS

3A-5TS

3A-8TS

Add-ons, pockets etc.

3A-4 (Limonta pouch for the GT-J4 sleeve)

3A-MZ2TS

3A-MZ1

3A-MK1

3A-MSOL1

3A-L1-13

I still have all of these, never made much of an effort to sell the stuff that doesn't get used / worn much.

Favourite piece: SS-J1W - I've worn it eight months out of twelve every year since I got it, and it's showing essentially no signs of wear. I never understood why there weren't more of the WB400 wool pieces made.

The only two pieces that are showing any wear are the N-J1, which has just worn out over time after a huge amount of wear and getting rained on about a hundred times, and the EP-4S, which have blow-outs everywhere because even though Etaproof is an amazing material, it becomes brittle over time and actually shears / breaks in areas that move a lot. I've seen exactly the same thing happen to my Outlier Supermarines and my Outlier rainshirt.

Edited by steph

3A-4 (Limonta pouch for the GT-J4 sleeve) please post pics.

do you want to sell anything?

3A-1_a.jpg

3A-1_b.jpg

3A-1_c.jpg

As for selling, it depends. If you want a particular piece, ask me. I'm not that interested in selling / flipping stuff, or making money out of it, but as long as it's going to a "good home", sure, and if you have stuff from your own collection to trade, I'd be interested.

tried on this grey veilance jacket yesterday...it was pretty wow, like featherweight, and the slide buttons at the cuff feel incredibly solid. they have some detail shots on the site, it's a really nice detail. i didn't see any gore branding so i'm not sure of the material but it was this kind of matte grey, almost tissue-like material. anyway i'm in love...holding out for the arcteryx factory sale though.

what do you guys think of these?

https://www.hanon-shop.com/reebok-alien-stomper-vcmp.html

tried on this grey veilance jacket yesterday... i didn't see any gore branding so i'm not sure of the material but it was this kind of matte grey, almost tissue-like material. anyway i'm in love...holding out for the arcteryx factory sale though.

Isogon jacket is definitely not made of Gore materials, it's TerraTex (Nylon-lycra blend). I'm tempted to buy this one too but I still don't know how water resistant this material is...

techninj wisdom: Remember, if it doesn't say Gore-tex, it's not.

Edited by Brainboy

Isogon jacket is definitely not made of Gore materials, it's TerraTex (Nylon-lycra blend). I'm tempted to buy this one too but I still don't know how water resistant this material is...

techninj wisdom: Remember, if it doesn't say Gore-tex, it's not.

I think it is the same material as on the back of the composite Jacket from s/s 11. If it is the material is very water resistant. I've been caught in the rain a few times in my Composite and never had a problem with getting wet. I also bught the isogon. Amazingly lightweight as said but haven't been caught in the rain yet whilst wearing it.

Hmm, I've got the -J4L w/ double sleeve but can't think of any attachment under there to secure the 3A with. It just sits loose?

The loops in the 3A-4 are for your arm. You put the jacket on, put your arm through the loops, slide it under the sleeve, and cinch them tight.