^ I've heard nothing but positive reviews in regards to the Rapha Softshell. I love the details too. Bite grip is awesome and the back flap is a very welcome cycling centric detail. I'm thinking of taking the plunge myself.

yeah but that is a warm jacket. i'm just looking for a shell that'll be slim and look good while on or off the bike. the rapha stuff isn't really for me because there is one or 2 minor detail that just really bugs me

Try the bomber or the tweed softshell by Rapha (the first one is made of 3xdry). Great quality and finish - can't complain about anything, except the short front. But Arc'teryx is doing it like Rapha, I own two different Softshells from Arc'teryx and they are kind of short like the Rapha softshell. Even the other mountaineering brands cut their jackets this way.

Maybe Aether Apparel or something more cycling like - Gore BikeWear could be a nice alternative. Maybe not sufulike but their front is a tad longer. In my opinion they [Gore] even have a better cut than Rapha.

What do you expect from the material?

Edited by frankie_four

Try the bomber or the tweed softshell by Rapha (the first one is made of 3xdry). Great quality and finish - can't complain about anything, except the short front. But Arc'teryx is doing it like Rapha, I own two different Softshells from Arc'teryx and they are kind of short like the Rapha softshell. Even the other mountaineering brands cut their jackets this way.

Maybe Aether Apparel or something more cycling like - Gore BikeWear could be a nice alternative. Maybe not sufulike but their front is a tad longer. In my opinion they [Gore] even have a better cut than Rapha.

What do you expect from the material?

thanks for the input - the material should be water and wind proof. i'm looking for a windbreaker where i can just layer underneath according to the temperature. the softshells are usually too warm imo

the jacket also needs to have a hood. i hate having wet hair

kinda like this

http://www.arcteryx..../Squamish-Hoody

what about cadence? (http://cadencecollec....myshopify.com/) they look more techspec than classy rapha to me.

this jacket pretty much looks like my tnf with the billowy arms and body. not what i'm looking for. thanks anyway

Edited by redX

I picked up a couple of the Columbia "freezer" shirts the other day since the temp decided to jump way up to almost 80, and i need another option other than dri-fit shirts, and I gotta say, they are fantastic. I don't know how it works, but it works. My torso felt cool and clean all day. Also grabbed a hat in that fabric as well, no sweaty forehead for me this summer!

some more isaora fit pics as i promissed posts before:

isa4.jpg

isaora tech 2-L PCM riding jacket size S (http://www.isaora.co...duct-p/9309.htm)

isa5.jpg

isaora garment dyed down anorak size S (i wish i took XS) (http://www.isaora.co...ct-p/9306-b.htm)

and the infamous 3000JPY ACR SS-H2

Loving the Down Jacket and found an XL - was wondering what the sizing is as I take 3XL in Stone Island Shadow project and don't want it to be too small.

Have to give Analog an honorable mention in this thread too, the I bought several years ago is great, taped seams, kevlar, LED hood lights, exhaust vent for diverting brath from your goggles and all folds up into it's own built in backpack and can be worn/carried like a courier bag.

Great.

A superb thread discovery this.

Just what I have been looking for forever.

I'm at the point of shedding a load of weight and with it the possibilites of new clothing open up to me, where previously sizing would have been a potential issue.

Now I'm on a mission !

Other than ACR and Veilance, who does a good technical blazer? The Veilance one seems a bit too traditional, and while the ACR one is extremely dope, I worry that the colors aren't versatile enough for me. Tan or navy would be preferable to black or olive. Anyone have any recs?

Cheers.

Other than ACR and Veilance, who does a good technical blazer? The Veilance one seems a bit too traditional, and while the ACR one is extremely dope, I worry that the colors aren't versatile enough for me. Tan or navy would be preferable to black or olive. Anyone have any recs?

Cheers.

Stone Island Shadow Project has a few variations this season.

Stone Island Shadow Project has a few variations this season.

Thanks. A couple of those are interesting, but it looks like ACR might have to be the way to go.

I'm surprised that Griffin don't make one, I could see it fitting with their aesthetic (although it might end up being tweed and camo).

Edited by Dr Jonboy

also huMAN by awomb might be worth consideration.

http://awomb.shop-pro.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=994617&csid=1

Here's my 28's in blue if it helps. Wide angle of the lens throws it off, but the left is aligned at exactly 0, so they're pretty close to true 28's in that regard.

28.jpg

Thanks! that saved me the hassle of buying and returning them haha. Will have to wait until some 30's show up.

i have both. For daily wear the Slim dungarees are way more versatile. The climbers are a bit more tech looking and stretchy so they are generally reserved for activities that require them. They are both pretty slim though, hard to say one over the other but the climbers are probably slightly slimmer.

i have both as well.. +1 that slim dungarees are much more versatile. I have 30 in both and would say I could've sized down on the dungarees. The climbers are way slimmer compared to dungarees though. might have gotten a mislabeled size though. Either way, I'd recommend the dungarees over the climbers. Pocket placement in climbers is strange.. wallets and phones look weird!

I just bought a pair of the Climbers. Thankfully, Outlier has an awesome return/exchange policy. If I end up hating it I'll roll it over to another model or something.

Thinking about how slim everyone says they are and I'm thinking I may have bought the wrong size. I went 30, but maybe I need a 31. Oh well, wait and see at this point.

I wear a 34 in the dungarees, the shorts, and the OG's. I got a 35 in the climbers.