Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Let's take a break from showing off our knowledge and how much better y'all could've written that article lol.

Here's something interesting, Oakley's released a techwear-esque capsule that's extremely similar to Shadow Project and ACR. It doesn't look half bad and covers the spectrum from technical shells with many pockets to waterproof roll-top bags and even cargo's and glasses. Take a look for yourself:

 http://www.oakley.com/en/latch-capsule-apparel?icmp=Hero_1_Explore-LatchCapsuleApparel

It reminds me of their japan-release-only "High Function" line they dropped back in 2011. (And I thought E's force-lock design was patent-pending ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

https://www.freshnessmag.com/2011/02/08/oakley-springsummer-2011-high-function-line/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s up with the ridiculously high waist on those chinos? Looks like something a throwaway henchman on a boat in a 60’s era Bond film would be costumed in. 

57625E31-0D47-4B7D-BC36-C85E65E908FC.png

Edited by brainerd666
camel toe sighting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i want to punch whoever art directed that campaign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone from Canada willing to proxy a jacket from the converse website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been covered. What are everyone's opinions on Ministry of Supply. It would be good if someone could provide a comparable brand to set a benchmark. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been researching it a bit looking for dress shirts and I think they're pretty solid. My brother has one of their techier fabric shirts (doesn't really look traditional if you're in a very conservative work environment) and a relative has their blazer and they looked good. I haven't had a chance to wear anything from them yet, but I'm eyeing their "Aero"/daystarter stuff. And as a heads up for you NYC people -- I went yesterday to the store on Elizabeth St to check it out and it was totally emptied out, must've been a pop up :(. So don't trust google maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own the Aero Band Collar (https://ministryofsupply.com/collections/mens-shirts/products/aero-band-collar-white) and it's my favorite button down shirt. Really nice feel and the slim M fit was tapered exactly how I wanted. I've worn it several times and it still looks great. I'm interested in their suiting because I have no formal pieces really.

Edited by nuex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ve got one white slim Apollo shirt in L. Quality is good, absolutely nothing to complain about. Only thing worth mentioning is that the collar is quite heavy due to its construction.

Unfortunately I got mine in the wrong size... so it fits too large... Should have gone for M.

Problem is they don't have a retailer in Europe who has their stuff (same issue with Outlier) and the import taxes are horrible...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nuex said:

I own the Aero Band Collar (https://ministryofsupply.com/collections/mens-shirts/products/aero-band-collar-white) and it's my favorite button down shirt. Really nice feel and the slim M fit was tapered exactly how I wanted. I've worn it several times and it still looks great. I'm interested in their suiting because I have no formal pieces really.

this is exactly the shirt i was looking at. thanks for the positive review

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, johngalt said:

Is it true their shirts and suits are actually wrinkle proof? 

As far as I can tell, with the one shirt I own, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any recommendations for a formal looking BLACK band collar shirt, similar to the one seen here? 

On 1/12/2018 at 1:04 AM, nuex said:

I own the Aero Band Collar (https://ministryofsupply.com/collections/mens-shirts/products/aero-band-collar-white) and it's my favorite button down shirt. Really nice feel and the slim M fit was tapered exactly how I wanted. I've worn it several times and it still looks great. I'm interested in their suiting because I have no formal pieces really.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also looking to see if anyone has any experience with Cloudburst Wear. Genuinely curious about the quality of their garments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, johngalt said:

Sorry if this has been covered. What are everyone's opinions on Ministry of Supply. It would be good if someone could provide a comparable brand to set a benchmark. Thanks

I own their Going Places Bomber and Going Places 5 Pocket pants (discontinued) and find them to be perfect for SF weather. They have a lot of stretch and flex without looking like it, though they are definitely a bit more "dress" than something like Outlier. I wouldn't go climbing in the pants, though I ride my bike in them and am fine. 

The pants have replaced my Outlier Climbers as my airplane pants. Also, because the SF store didn't have the slim cut, they tapered the pants for me for no charge, which was great. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol all uniqlo wide fit cargos are already sold out.

is it cool to talk about uniqlo here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably want r/techwearclothing mate, it's just down the road on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

You probably want r/techwearclothing mate, it's just down the road on the left.

Is that where I can get taobao links for some tapered cotton cargos and things with straps? Also w2c acronym like goretex shell, budget $50 /:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wexler said:

Is that where I can get taobao links for some tapered cotton cargos and things with straps? Also w2c acronym like goretex shell, budget $50 /:

nah you will most likely get tips on shoe/pants interaction and generic menswear advice, but waterproof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danii said:

nah you will most likely get tips on shoe/pants interaction 

If the fog/Jerry fuckboi look is passing there I think I'm good on the tips. 

IMG_7248.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone knows how Herno Laminar stuff fits compared to Veilance or Acronym? Is size 48 too large if I wear S or XS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-02-03 at 7:21 AM, Brainboy said:

Anyone knows how Herno Laminar stuff fits compared to Veilance or Acronym? Is size 48 too large if I wear S or XS? 

I think 48 would be about right. The Laminar outerwear is cut ridiculously tight in the shoulder so most people have to size up because of that. I am a 48/50 but consistently wear M in veilance and ACR and my Laminar 3-1 parka is a 52. I could sorta fit in the 50, but the shoulders were super tight and I wouldn’t have been able to wear any substantial layer underneath. FYI I don’t really have broad shoulder so I think it’s an issue for everyone.

It is by far my favourite jacket btw, really underrated IMO as you get the E’s design as well as Herno’s quality at a very attractive price point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What's Errolson's involvement with Laminar at this point? He never talks about it in interviews...

I don't know THB. Herno keeps on mostly releasing the same pieces year that were originally designed by Errolson (the 3-1 parka & jacket haven't changed in at least 4 years) but there's no mention of his involvement on the Herno website (it actually says Laminar is a collabo between Herno and Gore). A quick Google search seem to indicate that the last mention of Errolson is a tweet from him talking about SS13 and nothing since so I think it's a good assumption to assume he is not involved anymore, but that some of his designs live on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, are any other staff members ever mentioned, it seems a little unfair that one person gets attributed to all the work when I am sure it's a team, it's a bit like like an Aphex Twin video with mr H's face on every body instead replacing Richard's grinning mug!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.2.2018 at 11:02 PM, Kasper said:

I think 48 would be about right. The Laminar outerwear is cut ridiculously tight in the shoulder so most people have to size up because of that. I am a 48/50 but consistently wear M in veilance and ACR and my Laminar 3-1 parka is a 52. I could sorta fit in the 50, but the shoulders were super tight and I wouldn’t have been able to wear any substantial layer underneath. FYI I don’t really have broad shoulder so I think it’s an issue for everyone.

It is by far my favourite jacket btw, really underrated IMO as you get the E’s design as well as Herno’s quality at a very attractive price point 

 

I'm a true or slightly big 50 and just tried on a Laminar unlined blazer in 50 that wasn't particularly fitted. This is just based on one item though, but with the blazers I would consider going true to size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program