7,754 posts in this topic

Speaking of Cobra belts, here is a shot of Saito from the Art of Ghost in the Shell. 

DSC_1163.thumb.JPG.0a09ee6d56c951184221b1778065164b.JPG

Posted (edited)

Kobra belts are the ikea fashun hacks of techwear 

Edited by EG562

same... i'm hoping that more than 1 shop stocks a size 44

super overdue but heres a quick overview of the onu membrane pullover

@branespload nice video, been thinking about this very piece so helpful to get some thoughts on this. being an import so with all the taxes, duty and shipping involved works out quite pricy especially if you don't like it.

Was wondering if anyone knew of wide tapered and cropped technical pants, sort of an alternative to the P17? 

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Was wondering if anyone knew of wide tapered and cropped technical pants, sort of an alternative to the P17? 

Here's some Schoeller ecorepel trousers by onu.is and some in Dryskin by a brand called Greenlite.

Could be interesting

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 11.37.01.png

On 5/3/2017 at 8:37 AM, Bigyen said:

I'm looking for a very light jacket for biking something for around a 60°F (15°C) day. I tend to get sweaty, so something breathable. It doesn't need to be weather resistant, Ideally it wouldn't be as those breath less. I'm a fan of little to no branding, and simple color, no pattern. Has ACR made anything like this? Open to any and all suggestions, even if it's just a fabric type I should be searching for.

TL;DR: I'm looking for a fancy windbreaker.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I ended up using my J21 which had been collecting a little dust but is now covered in city dirt and muck from past few days of rain. it's great on dry days, as I can wear it open in the front, side or keep the arm cinches totally loose. The only down side is you can't really wear anything but a tshirt because of the detachable sleeves.

On 5/23/2017 at 8:04 PM, rnstyip said:

Here's some Schoeller ecorepel trousers by onu.is and some in Dryskin by a brand called Greenlite.

Man, I got some pants at Uniqlo the other day for 20 bucks that are basically the same exact thing as those.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-dry-cropped-jogger-pants-188215.html?dwvar_188215_color=COL09#start=9&cgid=men-activewear-bottoms

Sure they're not Scholler or Dryskin, but they're fine for riding a bike into work.

49 minutes ago, exhaust fumes said:

Haha dang, gotta pick up a pair for myself for the summer weather. 

Posted (edited)

Anybody know where I can cop Descente Allterrain online? 

Specifically after this parahem shell jacket (in either blue or black) and can't seem to find it anywhere :mellow:

DIA3702U_AZBL__3.jpg

Edited by ripley

@hiei I haven't tried those ones but I have tried the stretch wool blend chino AEM041 I think. The cut is regular and they looked like formal pants. I also wasn't a fan of the eVent zippered pocket for the phone. If you have anything larger than an iPhone 4 it probably wont fit. 

asics JYUNI Black Collection

From asics, the sports apparel collection "JYUNI" that combines design features rooted in Japanese traditional beauty and high functionality appeared. Recently, with the change of various lifestyles, the form of fashion has changed variously [...]

asics_jyuni_170531-2.jpg

http://features.atmos-tokyo.com/asics-jyuni-black-collection/

DIESEL is now techwear too. Not sure how I feel about it.

00SVWD_0KAOD_900_F.jpg?sw=2000

00SWRW_0QAQE_900_F.jpg?sw=2000 

Techwearis going to be ruined in 3..2..1..

On a ralated note;

I just saw this hat, wasn't aware of it. Apparantly from fw16, Herschel Supply(only good thing they've made)

1028-0283-OS_01_33456e34-3f5c-41be-8697-

Brands like diesel will be in techwear for no longer than a minute. They, and their customers will quickly realize that GORE-TEX is more expensive than polyester.

Posted (edited)

Yeah true. I somehow do not mind diesel, because I find the brand to be authentic and certainly has one of the strongest images out there. And also they develop stuff time to time (rest is just diesel logo on a slim t-shirt). Too bad profit and tasteless customers ruined it. In the end of the day, their customerbase is not different from (for example) Nike's.

Edited by danii

Looking for someone who are into and have many experience in Urban Techwear design.

Plz let me know for further discussion.

On 4.6.2017 at 10:48 AM, danii said:

Yeah true. I somehow do not mind diesel, because I find the brand to be authentic and certainly has one of the strongest images out there. And also they develop stuff time to time (rest is just diesel logo on a slim t-shirt). Too bad profit and tasteless customers ruined it. In the end of the day, their customerbase is not different from (for example) Nike's.

???

I mean, I don't care how anyone feels about the brand (mostly overdesigned mall-crap and knockoffs if you ask me), but to call it "authentic" seems incredibly far fetched.

yeah I agree about the mall-crap quality and knock-off products. I also do not understand the gap between niche communication campaigns and strategies and the mainstream products. Also culturewise there are very few brands that are more supportive to new artists. Yes we don't wear the brand image and what matters in the end is the clothes, but I was refering to bigger picture.

I worked for diesel in the mid-90s and their denim philosophy was always on-point. 

P23 vibes from Y3 in the upcoming FW Collection (unless they are separate leggings or something)...