I'm looking for pants.

I love the cotton Acronym uses for its S fabric but not looking to get anything in their current cuts. Are there any other companies that make pants with the same or similar material? I'm looking for something slightly baggy with a cinched, tapered, or elastic hem. Something like an Emgineered Garments E1 or I'd be happy with a good ol Classic BDU. Preferably olive. So picky but thanks in advance for any advice.

anyone familiar with poutnik by tilak sizing? (specifically the sweats)

i own that powerstretch sweat they did with the acronym-style patterning. it fits quite large. stay tts if you like your sweats roomy and relaxed, size down if you like a close fit.

I'm looking for pants.

I love the cotton Acronym uses for its S fabric but not looking to get anything in their current cuts. Are there any other companies that make pants with the same or similar material? I'm looking for something slightly baggy with a cinched, tapered, or elastic hem. Something like an Emgineered Garments E1 or I'd be happy with a good ol Classic BDU. Preferably olive. So picky but thanks in advance for any advice.

First, if you're requesting suggestions for a particular silhouette you should provide links to examples so we can visualize what you want ;)

Second, if you haven't already done so, you could put out WTB for older Acronym cuts that might fit what you like e.g. the P9-S or P8TS-S

That said, many companies, particularly in Europe and Japan, make pants in the same fabric. Tilak, Civilized, Klattermusen, Hilltrek, Narifuri, Wild Things also offer their ventile/etaproof pants in olive e.g.

7IIGMsE.jpg

I2dKvF5.jpg

kyBvUZw.jpg

OGZMjUn.jpg

(Tilak Odin pants, Narifuri light pants, Civilized CS-1022)

Edited by SuE

So right now I'm looking at my L4 windshirt that is 100 percent nylon. I'm trying to figure out if it had some sort of water-repellant coating on it at one point, and if it did, I'm thinking it has slowly faded off after a series of washes. I always did cold water and air dry washes, but it just doesn't block wind or resist water very well anymore. (Yes, I know it won't /truly/ repel water but it did *resist* it quite well)

Any thoughts on picking up something like Arc'Teryx's Nu to give it some water repellency again? Monsoon season is closing fast here in the southwest and I want to see if I can squeeze some more life out of the jacket. Arc'Teryx's Nu uses some fancy fluoropolymer sciencey-shit to make it repel water. I'm also looking at Granger's Xtreme, and I hear Nikwax is an old favorite but has fallen out of favor. 

Edited by limeaide

both the l4 and l5 are made with a silicone encapsulated fibre by nextec, i think the l4's fabric is called pretorian, and the l5's epic. neither finish is very long lasting, despite nextec's claims that their encapsulation process outlasts traditional dwr. the epic fabric is also insanely prone to pilling, which has a detrimental effect on repellency. i tried granger's on my l5 and it didn't really do anything.

the l4 might even be worse than the l5 because the former isn't meant as an outer layer but as a barrier worn beneath a bdu top. 

@SuE Thank you so much for the write up, I ended up grabbing a pair of the Narifuri Light pants.

I'm thinking of going to try on these Snow Peak  Ventile pants which looks like they'd be a similar fit to the Odin pants:

http://snowpeak.com/collections/mens-bottoms/products/pa-16su102?variant=16700570948

I'm also thinking about proxy'ing a pair of these:

http://www.klattermusen.com/men/vanadis-pants-ms-herb_-green

But, any thoughts on what pants made of 85% polyamide, 15% Elastane would be like. Sounds like they might be a little sweaty. Thoughts?

I bought the black and had to size up from M to L

Sizing question about teh nikelab x ACG technical shirt.. I usually wear Medium. And I read somewhere that if I wear medium on the 2-1 ACG jacket. I need to size up for the reflective pocket T-shirt.

How about the sizing for the tech shirt that was release last summer?

nikelab_acg_tech_shirt_1.jpg

love those Tilak Odin pants -cannot find anywhere to buy them though, looking at XL/XXL tried a tilak site but was prompted for my login aargghhh - maybe Danii might know ?

I'll keep trying....

tilak recently redesigned their site and the odin pants are not online. what clr you are looking for? I can proxy from different store, tilak si quite available around;)

UPDATE: the khakis are not availble but the navy is (XXL, L) at 95GBP

Edited by danii

tilak recently redesigned their site and the odin pants are not online. what clr you are looking for? I can proxy from different store, tilak si quite available around;)

UPDATE: the khakis are not availble but the navy is (XXL, L) at 95GBP

Might be a long shot but any chance you can get your hands on the Poutnik sage sweatshirt (XL)?

Yeah it seems that with this new beta store, the former outlet part has disappeared and with it the few old pieces that seemed to still be floating around. Somehow that tilak shop foto didn't make it click for me re: Odin pant; but now I've seen the image SuE posted, I'd want them too...

I visited Denimheads twice in the last two years, and all they had was the Poutnik Armor jacket and the Night coat in green. This Christmas I was able to visit the new Tilak store in Prague and somehow we ended up talking about Poutnik, and the guy working there was saying that they will/might be carrying (a few?) Poutnik pieces (in this store?) in the future. But that it would take some time since the sices/sizing were different. Which is kinda weird seeing that Barrio lists XS through XL for the Sage sweater... and wearing size XL in a few Tilak pieces I own, I tried on an M Pygmy Vest at Silver and Gold and an L should have fit snugly and was supposed to arrive later that week at their store. But most japanese stores seemed to be stocking Tilak/Poutnik in XS-M only.

So yeah, maybe danii could have another chat with the guy at the Tilak store in regards to Poutnik for the non-japanese market. And maybe also about the return to black for Tilak ;-).

Edited by hjpx

http://www.barriojapan.com/poutnik.html

I own two of the pieces that recycled Acronym designs (Tilak Loke & Shield vest). 

The Loke is very versatile with plenty of ventilation (mesh pockets + pit zip on a ventile jacket). Feels very Acronym down to the arm articulation and hood.

The Poutnik vest has no branding so you can pretend its a PL-J1. Mine occasionally has little strands of climashield leak out of the collar seam though.

Bought a bottle of Granger's Xtreme Repel Spray, a sort of DWR coating for jackets. According to the bottle, it works on all fabrics (probably some better than others, no?) so I figured I'd give it a shot. Inkinsurgent mentioned that the L4 windshirt has a silicone encapsulated fiber, which made me hesitant that it would work. While I'm not totally sure if I use it as it's intended purpose (an outer piece for windy and slightly shitty days), I wanted it to have a bit more weather resistance. While I know the best idea is to buy a shell that offers actual water repelling, but money is tight and a bottle of this stuff is cheaper than a new jacket. (Plus.. I'm not in inclement weather enough to warrant it. Maybe in a few I'll buy a J1A-GT or something if I end up in Asia for work and live the cyberpunk techwear dream) Enough blogging- photos. 

First up, here's a photo of the jacket before the coating, with a bit of water run onto the sleeve. 

C6U74dU.jpg

Notice that how the water soaks into the fabric very easily. This is representative of how it is in rain. The jacket gets soaked and when I'm indoors it takes a while to dry off. Not very fun. 

Applied stuff to jacket: Here's where I got slightly scared. I was concerned that it would stay this way and, while interesting, didn't want that. Fortunately it dried out just fine after a quick tour of the dryer. 

q4CFZ7B.jpg

After the dryer, I was fairly impressed with the results. It takes much much longer for the jacket to actually get soaked. I don't really have a good photo, but the water rolls right off. I just need to wait for a rainstorm to try it out. 

Edited by limeaide

(Did anyone put down a deposit for the Tesla 3 yesterday?)

Fashion/techwear often evolves alongside modes of transportation. Men's hats went out of fashion when trains were no longer the dominant mode of transportation. Car coats were designed as a new type of jacket. On the other hand, streetwear was influenced by skateboarding and modern urban techwear developed in response to cycling to work. 'Hoverboards' are a fashion accessory now. So in 5 years from now will we able be in teslas, apple cars and self driving ubers or on electric flatboards, hoverboards, jetpacks?

or

Eh, most of the Western population is too obese / uncoordinated to jive w/ anything requiring balance, etc. Segways still seem to be relegated to mall cops and tourists on the boardwalk.

Remember kids, no replacement for displacement... Give me mechanical feedback and internal combustion over the electric stuff any day :) We're a lot further than 5 years out for large-scale roll-out of autonomous vehicles in most US metropolitan areas. Gonna take a lot longer for legislation and infrastructure to catch up with the tech (for better or worse).

Does anyone know where I can find a guerrilla group paratrooepr pants in black or charcoal in L?  It's sold out on guerrilla-group.co and I can't find a place where I can still find it  :unsure:  thx !

Eh, most of the Western population is too obese / uncoordinated to jive w/ anything requiring balance, etc. Segways still seem to be relegated to mall cops and tourists on the boardwalk.

I don't think it's an issue of obesity/balance that is causing people not to buy electric skateboards and Segways...

Feedback on A3 - Alpha Lochi Jacket 

http://www.beyondclothing.com/a3-alpha-lochi-jacket.html

alpha_lochi_blue_grey.jpg

Totally dope ...

Edited by bento