got a question for those fellow acg cargo wearers!

how did you wash yours? need to wash mine and was just going to bung them in the machine on a gentle wash but looking at the label it says to hand wash.

using the machine ok or do I have to hand wash?

Warm water, detergent, 30 minute soak, hung dry. you will see a loss of the dye, but the fabric softens up.

Warm water, detergent, 30 minute soak, hung dry. you will see a loss of the dye, but the fabric softens up.

How much loss? That seems like a tremendous pain. :(

How much loss? That seems like a tremendous pain. :(

It is pretty bad in my opinion my pants look like it has a minor degree of eczema. At-least on the Night color as I only washed it once and it probably wont look as bad if i done them to the Navy cargo. At that point I plan dye it Jet Black when the time comes. I Suggest washing in cold water, buckle wash and air dry.

Just received my order, really great gear... the KAPVIK mountains pants  in Black are dope:

http://www.coldsmokeco.com/shop/kapvik-mountain-pants/

great cut, super nice feel, still a bit cold here in Paris for a complete review, but they feel really good, for the color it's a real black which is close to an ACRNM hard shell black (to give you an idea) the kind of "camo" feel is in fact very suble in day light... definitely a great piece..

I only see charcoal and deep green on their website. Is there a true black or are you referring to the charcoal?

It is pretty bad in my opinion my pants look like it has a minor degree of eczema. At-least on the Night color as I only washed it once and it probably wont look as bad if i done them to the Navy cargo. At that point I plan dye it Jet Black when the time comes. I Suggest washing in cold water, buckle wash and air dry.

Pictures? Shit though, I may unload a pair if that's the case. :(

I only see charcoal and deep green on their website. Is there a true black or are you referring to the charcoal?

the charcoal is actually more black than it appear on the website. I will post a pic this week end so you can have an idea.

Pictures? Shit though, I may unload a pair if that's the case. 

( taken on both left and right Side of the pocket entry and cargo area where most fades occur.) -Taken With GS7

-Picture are always deceiving but I hope you can spot some differences, to me if this the result on a first wash that not good.

-Do not wash with warm water at all which I had done the first time. Do as instructed Hand Wash cold.

no7e4g.jpg

Edited by dsxero

re: shorts.. I tried the TAD AC cargo shorts and the RS shorts they have and was not impressed with the fit. It's probably because I wear my pants and shorts lower than waist level but I felt quite restricted in movement. I used to rely on Outlier shorts for travel but I gotta admit that I hate swimming in them. I would much rather pack an actual pair of swim trunks than those if I planned on doing a bunch of swimming or surfing. This goes both for their Three Ways and for their New Ways. I like them overall but I hate how they are in water. They are more for spontaneous swims than planned excursions IMO.

Did we ever land anywhere on good hats for hiking/travel? I usually just bring a beat up Supreme camp cap when I travel because I don't need to worry about the hat getting fucked when I pack it (besides the bill). Looking for something similar that I can wear on a hike, at the beach, and also in a city setting.

BTW, picked this bag up for $60 to use as a daypack/bookbag and like it a lot so far.

acb031504103_1.jpg

Edited by crucialkc

Did we ever land anywhere on good hats for hiking/travel? I usually just bring a beat up Supreme camp cap when I travel because I don't need to worry about the hat getting fucked when I pack it (besides the bill). Looking for something similar that I can wear on a hike, at the beach, and also in a city setting.

coming soon

this whole hand wash and fading business is some ugly business for a $200 pair of 'tech' cargos.

This. Added to the fact they look like they came prefaded.

... these are cotton blend pants. Buy cotton-blend 'tech' pants from Outlier, Veilance, Acronym for $225, $375, $620 respectively then machine wash them in warm water and they will fade too.

? Similar styles or similar fabrics? Veilance offered cargos last summer, Outlier hasn't in years but their fits are not as aggressive as ACG/Acronym

Style. I like the fit of the acg. Wouldn't mind if it was a touch slimmer. I'll check out the veilance ones!

Okay, has anyone been after some ACG Cargos still? I have a couple of pairs I'd in S probably be willing to sell. I'll keep the other two and dye them if they fade.

Busy, will post the Coldsmoke pics soon...

Based on the pictures, the Guerrilla Groups vests look pretty dope. Are they any good? I think the previous vest, with two 'holsters', looked cooler than this season's one. Why have pockets only on one side when one can have them on both?

I own last seasons vest and have zero complaints, love using it when commuting light (also have 15F-ES-JH01 and 15S-ES-JJ02). One can only assume that since the majority of 'techwear' brands reference military/tactical gear, it was modeled off a single shoulder holster/rig (or something similar). Even if it wasn't, I fancy the asymmetry and their decisions to stray away from the norm.

I own last seasons vest and have zero complaints, love using it when commuting light (also have 15F-ES-JH01 and 15S-ES-JJ02). One can only assume that since the majority of 'techwear' brands reference military/tactical gear, it was modeled off a single shoulder holster/rig (or something similar). Even if it wasn't, I fancy the asymmetry and their decisions to stray away from the norm.

Cool, man. Yeah, I'm thinking about buying it. What fits in different compartments? Really only need it to fit an Iphone 6+, keys, wallet, glasses and maybe a small book/kindle every now and then. I realize the book might be a stretch.

hey all.

just popping in to add my voice to the complaints about the ACG pants. 

i decided it was time to wash them and followed the care tags to the letter (cold water, gentle hand wash, didn't even use soap) and now they look diseased. i'm not sure why, but mine look significantly worse than the ones posted earlier in this thread. 

this is a huge disappointment to me that i can spend $200 on pants that can't even be washed?? truly #technical. 

i'm glad i paid retail and not resell but am still hugely let down by this, as they are now basically unwearable

i am looking into professional re-dyeing services but cannot find any that are willing to take them, since they are a wool blend. 

<_<  :angry:  :(

Edited by lune.

hey all.

just popping in to add my voice to the complaints about the ACG pants. 

i decided it was time to wash them and followed the care tags to the letter (cold water, gentle hand wash, didn't even use soap) and now they look diseased. i'm not sure why, but mine look significantly worse than the ones posted earlier in this thread. 

this is a huge disappointment to me that i can spend $200 on pants that can't even be washed?? truly #technical. 

i'm glad i paid retail and not resell but am still hugely let down by this, as they are now basically unwearable

i am looking into professional re-dyeing services but cannot find any that are willing to take them, since they are a wool blend. 

<_<  :angry:  :(

Can you post pics?