got my ACG cargo's today. Some first impressions. No fit pics yet because it's dark as fuck here already.

- Size up for that P10 fit. I saw the horrible fitpics some retailers had, remembered that Erlsn always sizes up, and got a 32 instead of a 30 and with the drawcord pulled in a bit it fits great. Roomy up top with nice agressive taper. 

- Black isn't black. It's a petrol/night style color that i like very, very much. Slamjam's pictures kind of illustrate the color well. 

- It's not poly/wool as listed on the site but cotton/wool. I ordered these thinking i'd return them anyway because poly doesn't agree with me. Very pleasantly suprised to see it's mainly cotton. The fabric has a great hand to it, a bit of stretch and a slight prickle somtimes due to the wool content. It's not very water repellent so don't expect miracles in that regard.

- Construction is very nice. All inside seams are tightly stitched, bound with trim acr style, the hem and waist are reinforced and there are PU panels behind the hand pockets! Honestly i'm suprised at the level of acr-style detailing that went into these. Erlsn does not fuck around.

- Patterning is wild. Not p10 wild but close. The seams are curved and spiral around the pants. Hem stays in place when bending your knees. Nice gusset in the crotch, although not as huge as on the p14/15/16 series.

- Ankle zips are gusset zips like on the p10. 

- Drawcord is a must have if you size up because no belt loops. Has cool dayglo  orange ends.

All in i'm pleasantly suprised by these. You're not getting an acr piece for the price of a nike piece, but it's much closer than i expected.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Some requirements might help

Also, the fabric of the windrunner looks sick.

yes, what's attracting you to the Facet gloves? If you just like the look then the Teneo or Agilis from the mainline Arc'teryx would be the immediate substitutes that come to mind.

Black, preferably warm and with minimal to no branding. I've seen Arc'teryx's other gloves and I like them but I'm fishing for something a little more wholesome if that makes any sense. Bonus points if they're touch screen compatible. I've done a fairly in depth search myself and it's tough to find something functional that doesn't scream tacticool.

All recommendations are appreciated though, thank you.

Edited by nesherman

got my ACG cargo's today. Some first impressions. No fit pics yet because it's dark as fuck here already.

- Size up for that P10 fit. I saw the horrible fitpics some retailers had, remembered that Erlsn always sizes up, and got a 32 instead of a 30 and with the drawcord pulled in a bit it fits great. Roomy up top with nice agressive taper. 

- Black isn't black. It's a petrol/night style color that i like very, very much. Slamjam's pictures kind of illustrate the color well.

- It's not poly/wool as listed on the site but cotton/wool. I ordered these thinking i'd return them anyway because poly doesn't agree with me. Very pleasantly suprised to see it's mainly cotton. The fabric has a great hand to it, a bit of stretch and a slight prickle somtimes due to the wool content. It's not very water repellent so don't expect miracles in that regard.

- Construction is very nice. All inside seams are tightly stitched, bound with trim acr style, the hem and waist are reinforced and there are PU panels behind the hand pockets! Honestly i'm suprised at the level of acr-style detailing that went into these. Erlsn does not fuck around.

- Patterning is wild. Not p10 wild but close. The seams are curved and spiral around the pants. Hem stays in place when bending your knees. Nice gusset in the crotch, although not as huge as on the p14/15/16 series.

- Ankle zips are gusset zips like on the p10. 

- Drawcord is a must have if you size up because no belt loops. Has cool dayglo  orange ends.

All in i'm pleasantly suprised by these. You're not getting an acr piece for the price of a nike piece, but it's much closer than i expected.

Just got mine too in S. Would prefer a M for a looser fit on the top block, but it would have been too long for me. 

Just noticed that there is an extra pocket just behind the right back pocket. nice details on these. 

Black, preferably warm and with minimal to no branding. I've seen Arc'teryx's other gloves and I like them but I'm fishing for something a little more wholesome if that makes any sense. Bonus points if they're touch screen compatible. I've done a fairly in depth search myself and it's tough to find something functional that doesn't scream tacticool.

All recommendations are appreciated though, thank you.

as someone that owns the facet gloves...

they just look cool. otherwise they're not great

Anyone have any recs for gloves? Would love to snag a pair of Veilance Facet's but I think that will be largely out of the question.

could always try the arc'teryx ar tactician, virtually identical to the facet save the dead bird logo and are constructed with an ever so slightly thicker lezanova leather. don't think arcteryx sell these any more but there's a pair on ebay.

Got the ACG woven trousers delivered yesterday. Got a size S and they are far too tight at the waist, I can barely button them. Even if I lost a couple pounds they would still be tight. The length and fit otherwise is nice though.

Does anyone know if the size M will be much bigger in terms of length, taper and cuff width?

The size guides on Nike.com are generic and mean nothing really.

Edited by Truant

In other news I purchased a new parka today from Musto, not a name mentioned much in these parts but I feel it might be appropriate here?

30953206-origpic-f0fbb8.jpg

2L Goretex with Primaloft insulation, inner hand gaitors, cuff reflectors and rather nice coyote fur trim that naturally does not freeze.

Nice and long and blasted comfy and a steal as it was less than half price !

Should be a lifer.

Almost forgot, these arrived too at half price.

Adidas_Y-3_Boost_QR_roundel_red_black_wh

Yours sincerely, Mr bargain basement !!

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Nike, but there's none left in XS anywhere. :(

On a side note, I've been playing around a bit with getting a more RO + Techwear style to work and it's painfully obvious that this is A: difficult and B: my Nomad looks like shit with the blend of styles. Going to need to rethink my parka choice, maybe.

Also someone needs to sell dark dust RO cargos for less than like, P10s.

i'm so sad now lol but thanks for my future reference

info for those who don't know, bought from 290sqm and only paid 165usd shipped for my cargos, they only had s and above tho

Hell of a post to put right after one about Rick Owens cargos...

Thought the thread would be interested in this, Gore-Tex has recently released a pretty interesting new textile, bizarrely called Gore Active but completely unlike the previous Gore active products. What makes this product interesting is that is completely skips the face fabric and exposes the membrane as the outer surface while bonding a woven backer on the inside like a conventional 3L product. The result is a fabric that is not only ultralight and waterproof but completely hydrophobic and doesn't rely on DWR. It can't get wet and it doesn't wear away like DWR. Essentially, you can come out a rain storm, shake your coat off and it's bone dry. Unfortunately, it's pretty fragile and and thus best suited as an emergency shell or for very specific end uses. Arc'teryx is using it on a running specific jacket as is The North Face

Pretty interesting potential applications for this textile though, imagine something like an Acronym WS-J25 but half the size packed down and waterproof.