There are a number of levels of Gore-Tex, the top being pro-shell, which is mentioned. I assume ACG is constructed of lower-tier fabric, and although all Gore-Tex garments need approval by the company to ensure they won't leak outright and diminish the brand, the quality of construction between a made in China Nike piece and a German-made Acronym piece or Canadian Veilance jacket will be significant.

There are pro-shell jackets out there that cost under £200. Both Nike and Adidas have used pro-shell in the past. Not sure how to get confirmation on the exact Gore-Tex material on the ACG jacket. But from what I have heard, folk are mighty impressed with them so I wouldn't be surprised if it was pro-shell.

Any minimalist wireless headphones that would fit in an urban techwear wardrobe? 

I use Jaybird BlueBuds X's for my workouts and around town. Bluetooth's not the best as you probably know, but it gets the job done without cable hassles. I've come to really appreciate them.

Anyone in this thread an Instagram user? I've been using it to just chat fashion shit in real time with people since nobody I know in person is really into it.

Quite active on Instagram. @nesherman

Edited by nesherman

Anyone in this thread an Instagram user? I've been using it to just chat fashion shit in real time with people since nobody I know in person is really into it.

trying to be more active, into all sorts of gore-tex and expensive waterproof messenger bag - @zealandous

Edited by awex

@blahboahbkah

Nobody in my real life is into techwear either, I kno ur pain

@inkinsurgent 

no fashion on my account but i go ooh and ahh on other people's jawnz. 

If you want to watch me go through my sneaker rotation and generally have nothing to do with techware other than the 12 days a year that it's appropriate to wear anything that isn't shorts in this tropical Australian climate you can always follow @mkyt3

I use Jaybird BlueBuds X's for my workouts and around town. Bluetooth's not the best as you probably know, but it gets the job done without cable hassles. I've come to really appreciate them.

Thanks but I looking for headphones—not earbuds—preferably an over-ear closed pair.

Was in Niketown London and messed around with the 2 in 1 Goretex Jacket. The goretex used for those is definitely not the Goretex Pro used in Acronym. Was wearing the J27-GT then, so I could make a pretty accurate comparison. The shell of the ACG goretex is more flimsy and paper-like. The hood itself is heavier than the rest of the jacket. Compared to the Acronym, which could hold it's shape pretty well. The inner down is pretty well constructed though, double zips and keep you really warm.(was sweating slightly taking the jacket on and off in the store) 

There are pro-shell jackets out there that cost under £200. Both Nike and Adidas have used pro-shell in the past. Not sure how to get confirmation on the exact Gore-Tex material on the ACG jacket. But from what I have heard, folk are mighty impressed with them so I wouldn't be surprised if it was pro-shell.

OK thanks for clarifying. There is also the issue of face fabrics to complicate the issue - and an area where I think Arc'teryx excels in innovating.

As for ACG, I can't get behind the branding. I also liked the focus better when it was on outdoor apparel. Why does it have to be 'urban'? If you design a garment that works in the woods (and subtract the superfluous ornamentation that broadcasts that intention), it'll work in the city too. Cities are nature.