Lol, that stone island guy^

Is Errolson Hugh, head designer of Stone Island Shadow and Acronym.

And yeah he changes his appearance every now and then.

Sometimes you can catch him just long enough too see the grey hair coming trough from all that tech thinking he does ;)

however it's true with the facial hair:D reminds me of david carradine in kung-fu the legend contineus (tv series).

i was checking tilak gear for a friendly sufu member and found some new sweet items made out of ventile, they look more acr than tilak:

tilak odin ventile: http://tilak.cz/detail.php?lang=cz&id=108

27266545.jpg

tilak loke ventile: http://tilak.cz/detail.php?lang=cz&id=110

27266422.jpg?20110228162704

(the items look three times better when worn by asians than local hiker-uncles:D that they made me forgot about the branding and want to get some in charcoal)

tv1.jpg

tv2.jpg

My only problem with Tilak is their bold red hindu-esque logo, I wonder if they can issue single pieces without their branding...

I'll probably email them about it soon. Loke is looking great but Ventile can be quite heavy, bear that in mind. I'm getting black Tourmalet vest, it also look like poor man's Acronym.

Never heard about that, as far as I know they are both privately owned and independent companies.

Acronym is definitely doing design work for Tilak and they share some more difficult manufacturing processes, like laser cuts, lamination, taping etc.

I'd heard there was some ownership crossover between the two companies. Any truth to that? Makes some sense. The GT-J20 was basically a rebranded Tilak model, no?

The GT-J20 was ''based upon'' a Tilak model, but yeah it's easier to say rebranded. There are a few differences though.

Never heard anything about shared ownership and if you look at acrnm's design history it's probably just a client for them (well a bit more as they also have access to the factory for their own stuff but you get it).

My only problem with Tilak is their bold red hindu-esque logo, I wonder if they can issue single pieces without their branding...

I'll probably email them about it soon. Loke is looking great but Ventile can be quite heavy, bear that in mind. I'm getting black Tourmalet vest, it also look like poor man's Acronym.

it's not just the logo, is it. Color-wise most of the jackets just scream wallmart. Their target market are 45 years old bald dads

edit:typo