Just received a pair of Arcteryx Acrux Fl shoes for an upcoming trip and they're mega comfy. Not sure if they'll work out day-to-day as well, but they seem like great light hike and climbing approach shoe if anyone is in the market.

Norwegian Goretex Sneakers... super comfy

11217962 10153035955468423 1656218171542101675 N

10959422 10153035955513423 6448014953005323753 N

Posted · Hidden by ordo, May 12, 2015 - Self-promotion
Hidden by ordo, May 12, 2015 - Self-promotion

Hello! I just launched Geneva Premium Active Denim on Kickstarter. They are designer jeans that feel like your favorite pair of sweatpants with moisture wicking and stretch for comfort. 100% handcrafted in America. 

Check them out here and pick up a pair at 60% off retail! kck.st/1EOH9vW

Feel free to ask any questions here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,  

Colin

pants_photo_with_logo.jpg

Less of your posts perhaps?

After negging your initial post of blatant self-promotional hawking in this thread (which has since deleted), I received these charming mails to my inbox:

EB5wJ47.jpg

Dh658MT.jpg

Sent me a similar one. Shame the Superdenim thread has gone. Was waiting to hear him discuss this...

"Jeans are desperately in need of an update. They were originally built for miners carrying rocks in their back pockets and haven't changed much since then. The stiff and uncomfortable jean that worked for miners has no place in life 100 years later."

Nocturnal Workshop x Lululemon Lab looking pretty good: link

Video

Aesthetically this is really nice, tights and sweatshirts are cool, some of the bags too. Most of the stuff feels overpriced though. 

Edited by Endless

ACRNM and other gears field tested during documentary film making and Anthropological research in the Arctic Circle

tumblr ndwjmfuxms1tswxa2o4 1280

ACRONYM gear is :

-  GT-J34 Gore-tex Hardshell Interops Parka

- ACR-FW-1213 NTS-NG1

- ACR-FW-1314 J25-SS

- ACR-FW-1314 NTS-H2

Capture d’écran 2015 05 13 à 11.25.27

GLOVES:

- HEAT 3 SMART GLOVES:

http://www.theheatcompany.com/en/gloves/heat-3-smart

(really amazing gloves, really usefull for photography / Film making )

next to skin:

Usually : Under Armour UA Compression Tee-shirt

under the J25-SS : usually a Fourth Elements xerotherm Top :

http://fourthelement.com/technical/xerotherm/

On some pics I'm also wearing a

Aigle Downtown Jacket - Noir (black)

http://www.countrywear4u.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=398

BALACLAVA :

I'm wearing a ARVA Balaclava : http://arva-equipment.com/en/product/balaklava-xtrem-2/

I also tried a very techwear kinda half balaclava: http://arva-equipment.com/en/product/bandana-xtrem-2/

BOOTS:

Viking footwear hunter high :

http://www.vikingfootwear.com/en/mens/active-outdoor/hunter-high-gtx

Dope lightweight mountains hunting boots...

Edited by bento

it depends where... Tromsø for example is very "urban" but ACRNM is very "Urban" I think.

Nocturnal Workshop x Lululemon Lab looking pretty good: link

Video

Aesthetically this is really nice, tights and sweatshirts are cool, some of the bags too. Most of the stuff feels overpriced though. 

Thank you for the feedback @Endless, it's good to see people talking about the collab. I would love to know the things that you think make it overpriced? I just want to learn more about our consumers and potential consumers, so any info and feedback is appreciated.

DSC_0787.jpg

more on the Viking Footwear :

a nice very light weight goretex sneaker :

http://www.vikingfootwear.com/en/mens/active-outdoor/impulse-gtx

got the black and Blue/Orange versions... both looks great... very comfy

Edited by bento

Anyone got the Hollowcore Metal items from the SI Shadow Project? How is the material?

I never seen it in person but I would love to buy this blazer (black or green)...

0060010000342.jpg

0060010000332.jpg

Edited by Brainboy

Thank you for the feedback @Endless, it's good to see people talking about the collab. I would love to know the things that you think make it overpriced? I just want to learn more about our consumers and potential consumers, so any info and feedback is appreciated.

@nocturnalworkshop Sorry for my late response, I was in the middle of writing a rather long post but one of my chrome extensions forced me to reload the page and now I have to rewrite the entire thing :P Anyways, it's fun seeing you guys being active on here, and before I say anything else I want everyone to remember that all of my opinions are based on my impressions after browsing your webshop, and that I haven't been able to have a look at anything in a physical store. (But I assume this means that I'm able to represent the majority of your potential customers)

Okey, so maybe "Overpriced" was the wrong term to use, since I don't know anything about your production and development costs. However, I feel that most of the products I was interested in, the sweatshirts, backpacks and running tights (which I thought were unisex?), are too expensive compared to the aggressive pricing of your competition. The crewneck costs more than your standard APC sweat and about the same as a Stone Island crew in my local stores. 

For the backpacks, they're all essentially modernized versions of the classic daypack, the most expensive version though is priced so that it directly competes with the $360 IISE Daypack 2, which is IMO the best daypack money can buy. Also, in general, all of your bags are competing with those from Cote-et-Ciel, which are priced similarly and known for their great quality and innovative design.

And finally, the running tights. I'm currently looking to either pick up a pair of used/deadstocked Gyakusou running tights, which usually retail at $120 or wait for Gyakusou FW15 since I won't be needing them until fall now when summer is just around the corner. At $105 + shipping, the price difference isn't big enough to make me go for yours instead, which could've otherwise been a great alternative. I find it weird that they're just sized for women though, weren't the guy running at the track wearing them in the video? Also, tights + shorts is becoming fairly popular among guys now (within certain scenes that is). 

Overall I just feel that there are a lot of other brands with similar or more interesting aesthetics but with more hype behind them (read Y3 as an example), that demand all of my attention (and all the cash in my wallet). And at a similar pricing but with less hype I can't really find myself justifying a purchase. Maybe this is just me though, I'm just a broke student, buying what I need and saving the rest for Acronym shells, but I think a lot of fans of the technical sportswear aesthetic would share my opinion.

If you have any other questions, fell free to reply or message me / E 

Ninja Edit: Also, I forgot to mention this, but you REALLY need more pictures of the products on your site, especially of the insides of the backpacks. After reading the, rather short, product descriptions you seem to have spend some effort on the insides of the backpacks, which is always appreciated. If you wanted to use this as a selling point though, you need some pictures to show it off.

Edited by Endless

I'd like to chime in here. I only recently got introduced to Nocturnal Workshop, and I'm most interested in the backpacks.

First of all, what Endless said about pictures of the insides of the backpack is absolutely right. That's the biggest thing stopping me from seriously considering a purchase - since I can't pick up a bag and examine it in the store, I really have to be able to see what's on the inside, what sort of pocket the N.3 front zipper opens into, etc.

But furthermore:

Overall I just feel that there are a lot of other brands with similar or more interesting aesthetics but with more hype behind them (read Y3 as an example), that demand all of my attention (and all the cash in my wallet). And at a similar pricing but with less hype I can't really find myself justifying a purchase. 

Your products are really photogenic, which makes me think they're high quality. But they are competing in a really difficult space, since you seem to be targeting both:
+ the athletic/cycle set, while trying to convince them to go for a fashion forward bag
+ the fashion forward set, and trying to sell them on athleticism

But to speak truthfully, I don't really feel that your brand story is quite there yet for either case. There's not enough content to deliver either story effectively, so it feels like mixed messaging; your video is selling the "athletic" story, but your product descriptions are selling the "fashion" story. 

Endless mentioned how the hype machine for other brands simply command attention. I think he's coming from the fashion perspective which is why he brings up IISE and Cote&Ciel, both of which have expansive product lines that show their niches well. On the athletic front, I would say your direct competition are more functional/technical (and less pricey) bags that match the traditional cycle aesthetic, such as Blaqpak's Kagero or stuff by Mission Workshop. 

So far you haven't satisfied either direction fully. I would take a hard look at how athletically-oriented, serious fashion brands like ISAORA or Mission Workshop have attacked the space. (Edit of importance: those guys do a LOT of content marketing.)

Best of luck. I'll be back when I can see pictures of the inside of that N.3...
Edited by donburi

So far you haven't satisfied either direction fully. I would take a hard look at how athletically-oriented, serious fashion brands like ISAORA or Mission Workshop have attacked the space. (Edit of importance: those guys do a LOT of content marketing.)

Best of luck. I'll be back when I can see pictures of the inside of that N.3...

Mission Workshop was started by the guys who originally created Chrome Bags.  Their riding apparel is cyclist-oriented and has held up pretty well. I have one of their Bosun zipped jackets from 20?? whenever and it's a staple piece in my wardrobe.

Hey, I'm looking for a replacement for my Mountain Hardwear down fill jacket.

Link: http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-ghost-whisperer-down-jacket-1560901.html?dwvar_1560901_variationColor=443#q=ghost&start=1

I want something slim with no to discrete logos, no hood, and light. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Edited by Te@M_M@t3

Hey, I'm looking for a replacement for my Mountain Hardwear down fill jacket.

Link: http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-ghost-whisperer-down-jacket-1560901.html?dwvar_1560901_variationColor=443#q=ghost&start=1

I want something slim with no to discrete logos, no hood, and light. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

You might have a look here : http://www.pyrenex.com/en/sport-46.html