Q: How does SI:SP compare in fit to Veilance? I wear a M in the bird. 

I wear an L in both, only have one Veilance jacket though, a short insulated one and fit is pretty much the same as sisp parkas, jackets etc.

http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?model=Rho-LTW-Neck-Gaiter&language=EN

I have this one in black. Merino/spandex, good size, no draw strings, etc.

I hate the logo.

Can you turn it inside out?

Edit: stupid question, of course you can. But does it have a bare wash label or seam and so on.

Edited by TIMDOT

Can you turn it inside out?

Edit: stupid question, of course you can. But does it have a bare wash label or seam and so on.

Not a stupid question at all.

Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure theres only one seam - it's along the back and on both the inside and outside.

The logo is knit, though, so it might cause a bit of irritation against your skin.

I prefer merino for next-to-skin, so I use an Icebreaker "Flexi Chute". Subtler branding as well (but an awful product name)

large.jpg

Edited by MoreToasties

wear the logo to the side, that way it gets obscured by your collar/hood or other garment part and also you do not see it when the ubiquitous 'selfie' is pulled !

Yep, easy. You could wear it upside down to for better concealment, but I find that it usually scrunches or folds upon itself anyways. That said, I don't mind the Arc'teryx logo design on an accessory so much.

seems to me adidas are trying to cash in on the popularity of the qasa, not great but not offensive either.

if anyone can still get hold a pair of the qasa then do, they're unbelievable, incredibly comfortable like wearing a sock over sock on a bouncy cushion, warm and look fantastic. got the all black now want the olive.

1237_e41ec7d739-240644918.jpg

I'm having a hard time deciding on a winter shell. Looking for black, hooded, taped seams, waterproofwindproofbreathable, slim-ish fit, and not a completely flat boring front. 

I’m looking for a jacket like this too! Does anyone have other suggestions than the Isaora and Arc’teryx ones? 

seems to me adidas are trying to cash in on the popularity of the qasa, not great but not offensive either.

if anyone can still get hold a pair of the qasa then do, they're unbelievable, incredibly comfortable like wearing a sock over sock on a bouncy cushion, warm and look fantastic. got the all black now want the olive.

speaking of qasas, barneys has the all black in a variety of sizes:

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503665635&utm_source=J84DHJLQkR4&utm_medium=affiliate&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-6JZ5fY6P43RB86kx8wGuPQ

1237_e41ec7d739-240644918.jpg

1237_408d14b363-240644918-1.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Houdini

I'm having a hard time deciding on a winter shell. Looking for black, hooded, taped seams, waterproofwindproofbreathable, slim-ish fit, and not a completely flat boring front. 

The houdini jacket looks really nice, i believe it's a hybrid soft shell though so i don't really know how water resistant it is and how long you can wear it without it being soaked

I have had three different bravo jackets (one in each color released) over the years and still have a second generation powershield one in crocodile. As far as i'm concerned it's the softshell all softshells are measured against.