That's one of the reasons I stopped wearing SI..The right wing hooliganism in the 90's has twist here in the Netherlands.. Now SI has been, twenty years on, taken over by Maroccan youth who know tits all about the terrace culture..

Edited by aso2004

Funny, terrace culture put me off in the first place ! Along with a myriad of other brands back in the early 80's

I do admire their experimental garment processess and techniques though.

I'm hoping that the Shadow Project line starts to swing out to the left again soon and starts pushing the experimental button again, with the whole aesthetic. The gltchy knit was interesting, but the outerwear is too mainstream for my taste, ( certain exceptions, ie tigerstripe ).

Funny, terrace culture put me off in the first place ! Along with a myriad of other brands back in the early 80's

I do admire their experimental garment processess and techniques though.

I'm hoping that the Shadow Project line starts to swing out to the left again soon and starts pushing the experimental button again, with the whole aesthetic. The gltchy knit was interesting, but the outerwear is too mainstream for my taste, ( certain exceptions, ie tigerstripe ).

Yup, even though I now live in a different continent I'll never not associate SI with casuals and casual violence.

Do you think there'll ever come a day when hooligan culture has been long enough past that it'll become romanticized and back into the realm of style? Obviously as a US football fan, I didn't experience first hand, but I'm familiar enough with it from media and all. Seems like one of those things that will swing roundabout eventually.

The morrocan and other non ethnic dutch cultures wearing SI now makes it a style similar to chavs burberry. And around here they also got their hands on the Shadow line as well. It comes and goes though..Same thing  happening to Phillipe Plein, Moncler  and Louis Vuitton... Quickly enough things get faked and the top boys are on to the next luxury brand.. Was in the Louis vuitton store couple of weeks ago where e a midsize bag for 1200 euro was paid in 20 euro bills....Class act.

Oh and beforehand anyone thinks I am racist ..I am not ..I am loving the fact that these so called high fashion brands are getting pulled down to street level with all their luxury and snobbism. I love the fact that a dope dealer has the balls to walk into a louis V shop and pays in twenties in front of a man who is used to gold cards and black amexes (and has to count along all bills then scan them through the fake banknotes teller machine..)

Do you think there'll ever come a day when hooligan culture has been long enough past that it'll become romanticized and back into the realm of style? Obviously as a US football fan, I didn't experience first hand, but I'm familiar enough with it from media and all. Seems like one of those things that will swing roundabout eventually.

Take off the SI badge and it's back in the 'realm of style'

I'm quite intrigued by the Supreme x Stone Island collaboration and what it might do for the brand in the US... james jebbia of supreme talks about collaborating with stone island

“I know what Stone Island means to a lot of people in England and Europe,†says James Jebbia, Supreme’s founder and owner. â€œWe asked friends, who are real Stone Island fans who said, ‘You gotta do this because it’s really obscure’, but we don’t really care about that, we just wanted to keep the essence of Stone Island and make something our customers would appreciate.â€

“I look at Stone Island on the level of Polo or North Face, what they do is the best. You take the football culture and that image out of it and the clothing is phenomenal. They’re innovative and unique and we’ll see how our customers see it with fresh eyes.â€

Also see SI Ceo Carlo Rivetti chat with 032c — PERFORMANCE REVITALIZED: Why We Are So Excited About the SUPREME x STONE ISLAND Fall 2014 Collection

Edited by SuE

http://www.vice.com/read/edl-birmingham-demonstration-2014-arrests-349

goggle jacket spotted on vice

... and a very angry chav

NAZI*

I was at the counter demonstration for that lol.

It's funny how for Shadow the badge is all black, reminiscent of anti-fa's all black uniform.

The counter-demo was as big, if not bigger than the edl one. But I don't see vice reporting on that. They are giving them a platform, look at the comments below.

Assuming vice isn't utter shit anyway. Which it is.

Edit: There was another national edl demo in Birmingham a year ago (?) Which had 1500 people in it. Since then the fringe racists have all frittered away and it has boiled down to just 200-300 of the most hardcore vitriolic fascists from all over the UK. 

Edited by TIMDOT

my search for comfortable waterproof urban tech shoes continues - any new developments in this area?  the rain has begun in portland.

:huh:  How do you not yet have 'comfortable waterproof urban tech shoes'? I used to snag every new development because I thought they were so rare until I woke up morning and realized I had bought over 10 pairs of waterproof shoes. Now I'm practically begging people to take them off my hands feet (what size do you wear?)

My next pickup will probably be these Roshe Sneakerboot even though I despise Nike unlike most of y'all

a-first-look-at-the-nike-roshe-run-sneak2014 Roshe SneakerBoot.Water-resistant leather upper, fleece lined.

The most recent pair I passed on was the Converse.jp "Softshell". Skipped because (a) no reviews and hassle of importing ( B) I have too many chuck taylors already. It's on sale at Amazon though and I'm tempted by that sidezip...

bZvuCypl.jpg

My last purchase was the ventile Nike Tennis Classic DSM Special. Copped because simple white sneakers are a classic but waterproof ones are rare — the precursor, the 2012 ventile Nike x DSM Airforce One offered in White or Navy colorways, is listed for crazy prices on the bay...

1RYe4qql.jpg

And that's just my sneaker shoes WTB list! I got 99 shoe problems but comfortable waterproof aint one

my search for comfortable waterproof urban tech shoes continues - any new developments in this area? the rain has begun in portland.

I have some Cole Haan combat boots with the Nike lunar sole that are both comfy and waterproof as fuck.

:huh:  How do you not yet have 'comfortable waterproof urban tech shoes'? I used to snag every new development because I thought they were so rare until I woke up morning and realized I had bought over 10 pairs of waterproof shoes. Now I'm practically begging people to take them off my hands feet (what size do you wear?)

My next pickup will probably be these Roshe Sneakerboot even though I despise Nike unlike most of y'all

The most recent pair I passed on was the Converse.jp "Softshell". Skipped because (a) no reviews and hassle of importing ( B) I have too many chuck taylors already. It's on sale at Amazon though and I'm tempted by that sidezip...

bZvuCypl.jpg

My last purchase was the ventile Nike Tennis Classic DSM Special. Copped because simple white sneakers are a classic but waterproof ones are rare — the precursor, the 2012 ventile Nike x DSM Airforce One offered in White or Navy colorways, is listed for crazy prices on the bay...

1RYe4qql.jpg

And that's just my sneaker shoes WTB list! I got 99 shoe problems but comfortable waterproof aint one

when is that roshe sneaker boot releasing!!!

:huh:  How do you not yet have 'comfortable waterproof urban tech shoes'? 

haha.  trying to remedy.  thought the outlier/vans would do the trick last year, they were the only thing I have ever gotten from outlier that sucked.  

used to live in vermont so urban waterfproof sneakers weren't necessary or useful.  needed several pair of boots to handle those winters.

NAZI*

I was at the counter demonstration for that lol.

It's funny how for Shadow the badge is all black, reminiscent of anti-fa's all black uniform.

The counter-demo was as big, if not bigger than the edl one. But I don't see vice reporting on that. They are giving them a platform, look at the comments below.

Assuming vice isn't utter shit anyway. Which it is.

Edit: There was another national edl demo in Birmingham a year ago (?) Which had 1500 people in it. Since then the fringe racists have all frittered away and it has boiled down to just 200-300 of the most hardcore vitriolic fascists from all over the UK. 

Did you not read the fucking article...

Edited by yachtrock89

Did you not read the fucking article...

What? Yes I did read the article.

Why did they report on the edl demo rather than the UAF one? Because of clicks and the chance to rile up some scum so they can spread their muck in the comments below.

Anyway

alexander-wang-x-hm-2014-accessories-col

Alexander Wang X H&M

Edited by TIMDOT

I have some Cole Haan combat boots with the Nike lunar sole that are both comfy and waterproof as fuck.

Yup, Lunargrand combat boots are good in the rain. 

Haven't put mine to the the test, but the new Flyknit SFB's have a Defender DWR treatment applied-

Mine kept my feet dry in a torrential downpour in DC yesterday. 

Haven't put mine to the the test, but the new Flyknit SFB's have a Defender DWR treatment applied-

Mine kept my feet dry in a torrential downpour in DC yesterday. 

I thought this was interesting, I had not heard that!

EDIT: Just did a quick test @ the sink and mine are definitely NOT repelling water  :(

I've only worn them a handful of times in the couple weeks that I've had them, I guess I don't know how "durable" this coating is supposed to be.  I didn't like soak them, just sprinkled water at them and moisture came right through to some paper towels I put on the inside... 

Not too disappointed, I guess. That's not a reason that I bought them, but it would have been cool :)

Edited by jbob24

EDIT: Just did a quick test @ the sink and mine are definitely NOT repelling water

At the end of the day, it's woven fabric (wool, in this iteration); not really going to compare to leather etc-

Did you get a pre-release though? You mentioned having them for a couple of weeks, and I thought they just dropped on the 9th. Should have this tag:

Nike-Flyknit-Trainer-Chukka-FSB-Sage-Sag