does anyone know where I can get hold of some coreloft, thermore or primaloft? just need a small amount for a little project I might do.

Coreloft is probably not available for public sale. But you can buy Primaloft and other great technical textile here at Extremtextil.

nice one Brainboy thanks :) thought so with coreloft there isn't even any contact details on the site. thinking about it isn't coreloft a arc'teryx developed fill?

Correct. And it's a pretty significant improvement over Primaloft and equivalents in my experience.

anyone have an arcteryx atom jacket? heard they breath well, are warm and pack easily too....

My favorite jacket, functionally. Far warmer than it has any right to be. Breathes well and packs down a bit smaller than a football - but much lighter. The face fabric is slightly delicate - I tore mine while rock climbing. However, Arc'teryx fixed it free of charge, so no complaints.

any feedback about the tadgear spartan rs pants?

I have them and use them mostly for work. Construction is good and they are medium weight. Lots of good pockets but they don't look like military nerd. I had to get them tailored. The bottom of the legs are way too wide. 

Anyone has any experience with aether's outerwear?  I'm thinking about getting the stormy jacket for my wife in black: http://www.aetherapparel.com/shop/womens/city/stormy-womens/

stormy2-large.jpg

Anyone knows the fabric they use? looking closely at the pictures it looks like it's ventile cotton. In the zoomed pictures it looks like it catches lint like crazy (like ventile does, hate my supermarine shoes because of that). Fabrics that catch lint in black are horrible when you have two cats.

Edited by deadsunrise

Anyone has any experience with aether's outerwear?  I'm thinking about getting the stormy jacket for my wife in black: http://www.aetherapparel.com/shop/womens/city/stormy-womens/

stormy2-large.jpg

Anyone knows the fabric they use? looking closely at the pictures it looks like it's ventile cotton. In the zoomed pictures it looks like it catches lint like crazy (like ventile does, hate my supermarine shoes because of that). Fabrics that catch lint in black are horrible when you have two cats.

I've seen Aether's stuff in person at their SF shop, and I think it's what Isaora used to be: overpriced for what it is.  For the prices they're asking, there are better pieces out there.  Their prices would make more sense if they were made domestically, but they're made overseas in China, Philippines, etc. so I don't know how they justify the price.

Their website says the material for the stormy is "Bonded italian cotton fabric"

I've seen pictures of it on other sites and it looks less techy and more normal looking material wise. Other wise looks nice.

As Piece said though, it is pricey.

Does anybody know if the all black qasa is already/still available somewhere for pre-order?

I was at the Y-3 flagship in london today and they said they would get them end of august. 

Edited by aleporte

: overpriced for what it is.  For the prices they're asking, there are better pieces out there.

For women? I don't like their men's cuts but there's not many brands putting out cool women stuff. I do like hillary day but is closed, also acronym but is absurdly expensive, then other brands like nau, icebreaker or arcterix have pretty bad designs for the women stuff.

I haven't really found anything that looks better than aether, any suggestions?

I was at the Y-3 flagship in london today and they said they would get them end of august. 

I heard a rumour that the drop date was Friday the 22nd, Y-3 may not have them out on the floor until the Monday though, that's what happened with the green Qasa's last month.

@TEKsevenZERO: where did you get those? I'm looking for something similar and cannot find a decent black sneaker.

I do not have them hence the less than revealing picture, it's an image I found on the tinterwebs - I've yet to get a proper look but no doubt the usual retailers will be stocking them, if I go to London I'll peep in at Stone Island and see but not sure when that'll be.

Sorry I couldn't help any more than that tantalising image I snaffled.

ah, ok, since it was in your flickr I thought you had them. Checked some other pics and fuck, you are a lucky man, that looks like an awesome family, house, clothes, the whole package. Seriously impressed with your good taste.

Well, thank you for the very kind words, we are pretty humble really, picking the little bits we like after careful selection and hopefully mixing things up to get the look we like at a cost that falls way below the expected some of the time, know what you like helps big time as you can focus and disregard the whimsy of seasonal fashion, you buy it because you like it for the iong run whether it is 'in or out', as does luck & patience of course, more so in my case! (A tiny house makes careful choosing a must too)

This goes for the tech-wear side of things too, I just don't have the spare cash to get 99% of things I like so wait like a circling vulture for sales or the secondary market and that gem of situation where an ebay seller cannot spell to take full advantage !!!

No luck involved with the family though I'm truly blessed there bless 'em ! 

Timers are changing though and my buying days are 99% over now as our life situation changes and we move to the relative wilderness of Northern Sweden ( fingers crossed )  - quiet life here we come.

Thanks for the kind words though, I'm truly  humbled by them.

Snow Peak Apparel at Outdoor Retailer Show

The SS15 collection designed by Lisa Yamai, the granddaughter of founder Yukio Yamai...

Yamai [says], “Snow Peak apparel is ‘Clothing for the Journey’. It’s designed to take you from work to an early evening hike with out having to change clothes.â€

... The collection finds influence in traditional Japanese outdoor and workwear. The Noragi Jacket and Pants, for example, are updated versions of the Noragi silhouette, a minimal, kimono style garment that is the foundation of Japanese outdoor gear.

The fabrics, sourced from Japan, include both the expected and unexpected in the outdoor market:
- Three-layer eVent utilized in rain jacket and pants.
- Lightweight DWR Rip-Stop for wind/rain jackets and pants.
- Linen as a lightweight, all natural, and versatile fabric for camping.
- Premium, traditional, Japanese indigo fabric.
- Cotton and hemp yarn dye plaid.

NXPKrs7l.jpg

Wrongweather have got the all black Qasa for sale on their site now! I got the email through from Y-3 saying i can pick my pre-order pair up from the store on the 22nd. I was told they've arrived in store but they're not allowed to sell them until the 22nd, so not sure how Wrong Weather are selling them.

Better snap them up quick though!

http://www.wrongweather.net/shop/product/qasa-high-black-sneakers