1. Having a nice expensive hardshell means I don't really have any excuse to not walk instead of paying for transit when I travel throughout the city (6 months x $138 = $828 alone in savings for the last 6 months mine has been getting regular use)

Does your nice expensive hardshell have a jetpack included or does it freeze the time while you are wearing it?

what does it have to do with using public transport?

I really don't understand what the issue is. Anyone who has looked into buying a half decent jacket knows what the cost is going to be, mall brand or otherwise. The argument can be made that some of us have too many of a certain type of jacket, but to that I'd respond, mind your fucking business. 

I think TresUnCool stated it best...if you don't get it....you probably never will.

13564933833_6ed3e351d1_o.jpg

Anyone know what these are called? They look like Roshe run's but the sole and lacing system are a bit different.

Also, a line on where to cop would be appreciated.

Just a quick rewind in order that I can illustrate the reflective lace thing I was withering on about earlier, I really like the look of the show with the lace mod.

14022410415_3e688600c6_o.jpgRoshe Run with reflective lace by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

**PICS ARE NOT MINE**

...sorry for the break in transmission, normal service resume...

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

I have a pair of those as well, those laces are a great addition.

What pants are you wearing btw ? And does anyone know what pair of pants were shown in the previous picture as well ? I'm looking for some kind of techy jogging pants that are not breaking the bank but look good, it's not that easy.

I have a pair of those as well, those laces are a great addition.

What pants are you wearing btw ? And does anyone know what pair of pants were shown in the previous picture as well ? I'm looking for some kind of techy jogging pants that are not breaking the bank but look good, it's not that easy.

Sorry, no idea what the trousers are, just edited the post as the image is not mine, it was just serendipity that it should fall across my gaze as if someone was listening to my thoughts on the shoe and decided act upon the suggestion ( I have laces but no shoes !! )

Sorry, no idea what the trousers are, just edited the post as the image is not mine, it was just serendipity that it should fall across my gaze as if someone was listening to my thoughts on the shoe and decided act upon the suggestion ( I have laces but no shoes !! )

not sure if i missed it some ways back, but where might one obtain those awesome laces?

Anybody have any experience with the Klattermusen Kevlar Mithril jacket? Or at least Klattermusen in general? I like the concept of having outdoor gear that will actually last me unlike some arcteryx pieces i've shredded climbing. This seems like it could be a good option. 

http://klattermusen.se/produktsida.php?lang=EN&ID=1042&sex=2&curr=EUR

1042_mithril_kevlar_carbon_32.png

thanks for the help @both doms

on separate thought, there should be a waywt tech wear thread with maybe some context to conditions you'll be in for the day. Denim heads already have their own thread. Makes sense for all the tech wearers to start a thread. I know I'd be interested in it. 

Edited by Littlest Senpai

thanks for the help @both doms

on separate thought, there should be a waywt tech wear thread with maybe some context to conditions you'll be in for the day. Denim heads already have their own thread. Makes sense for all the tech wearers to start a thread. I know I'd be interested in it. 

That's a good way for me to get completely turned off brands like Acronym which, realistically, is probably a good thing. 

I'd prefer to just see that stuff posted here rather than having a separate, probably really slow thread. 

That's a good way for me to get completely turned off brands like Acronym which, realistically, is probably a good thing. 

How many weeks ago was it that the WAYWT topic had three techwear fits in a row,  with Acronym, Acronym and the same Flynits :laugh2: ? Good fits too but 'ruined' by being on the same page...

That said, instead of a What are you wearing today, we could have a Why are you wearing [that] today. I'd be very interested in the context and just picutres of the garments would suffice (save the actual fits pics for the WAYWT topic). Example posts:

Weather forecast today was 12 degrees with wind and rain so wore GT-J28, Veilance Component shirt, P10-S and Flyknits. The gore-tex jacket wetted out (needs a wash+reproofing) but the component shirt kept me dry. The etaproof pants held up well but felt a little chilly. The flyknits are soaking wet and are going straight in the trash.

*inserts pictures of muddy ruined flyknits*

or

Another burning hot summer day. Took the dog for a walk in the park. Wore Outlier summer cap, ribbed merino tank and linen shorts.

*inserts pictures of balls sweat soaked linen shorts*

How many weeks ago was it that the WAYWT topic had three techwear fits in a row,  with Acronym, Acronym and the same Flynits :laugh2: ? Good fits too but 'ruined' by being on the same page...

That said, instead of a What are you wearing today, we could have a Why are you wearing [that] today. I'd be very interested in the context and just picutres of the garments would suffice (save the actual fits pics for the WAYWT topic). Example posts:

Weather forecast today was 12 degrees with wind and rain so wore GT-J28, Veilance Component shirt, P10-S and Flyknits. The gore-tex jacket wetted out (needs a wash+reproofing) but the component shirt kept me dry. The etaproof pants held up well but felt a little chilly. The flyknits are soaking wet and are going straight in the trash.

*inserts pictures of muddy ruined flyknits*

or

Another burning hot summer day. Took the dog for a walk in the park. Wore Outlier summer cap, ribbed merino tank and linen shorts.

*inserts pictures of balls sweat soaked linen shorts*

That's basically what I was getting at. Less focused on the "fit" and more focused on the "this is my gear and this is what I'm putting it through". I mean the thread would be slow so I guess keeping it here would make sense. I was just hoping a separate thread may prompt more wear related posts instead of tech rumors and where 2 cop posts. 

Does anyone know if using the nikwax polar proofing would ruin a Nike tech poncho?
Was running with a friend who was wearing one and it rained, they were soaked and so thought suggesting this might be helpful.

Also, although I only lurk 99.9% of the time I still appreciate that it's posted here instead of a different thread. There are times where people have posted their outfits either to just illustrate how they look on someone or just to show them testing an item. I feel it helps when posted amoungst the discussions that are had here instead of in a thread of just outfit pics and compliments/critiques.

Any recomendations on "technically improved" black, slim jeans or chinos for under $200?

The Outlier Slim Dungarees look pretty good, but inseam 32.5'' is too short, it should be 34 inches for me.

Outliers come unhemmed and really long I thought, at least both of my pairs did.