If that's your major concern then maybe wearing a mostly black outfit is kind of counterproductive. I get that it's the go-to colour for tech shit but if you're legitimately worried about being hit by a car then having an outfit that acts as camouflage for a road at night with "please don't crush me with several tons of steel" as a design afterthought might mean you should reconsider your fashion priorities.

Edited by Igneousity

Snow Peak insulated pants. SP's first apparel collection drops this fall. 

More info/links on this please? I have a feeling that this will end up as a hiking/camping clothing but it's still interesting.

Edited by Brainboy

x-post from Outlier thread:

Just received some Slim Dungarees I bought off eBay in indigo, 32 and I've decided they're not quite for me (bit slim) - anyone want them before I send the back eBay's way? Condition 9/10 (no wear or fraying), £90 shipped worldwide, will make sure import duties are avoided if you're overseas.

Drop me a PM.

More info/links on this please? I have a feeling that this will end up as a hiking/camping clothing but it's still interesting.

The line won't be as outdoors-y as you'd expect from SP. It's going to be really functional for casual wear, as well. It's actually really, really good, especially the fabric choices and silhouettes.

For swamp-ass weather I preferred these from MW to Outlier, looks like they're sold out ATM:

http://missionworkshop.com/products/apparel/stahl-riding-shorts.php

UNDFTD also has some really nice looking raglan tech tees:

http://undefeated.com/apparel/t-shirts/undefeated-technical-ls-tee

http://undefeated.com/apparel/t-shirts/undefeated-technical-ss-tee

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

It's gonna be that time of year again where it's too hot to wear clothes, so what's up that alley in tech wear these days? Other than the outlier ultra lights, I don't know of too many other brands that do a specific pant to avoid swamp ass.

For swamp-ass weather I preferred these from MW to Outlier, looks like they're sold out ATM:

http://missionworkshop.com/products/apparel/stahl-riding-shorts.php

That MW stahl is only comparable to Outlier New Way/Three Way shorts. The Outlier Ultralights are in a class of their own. There are very few other options out there for very hot weather. The only caveat is that last summer's batch of ultralights was a bit fragile (pilling at the seat of the pants) otherwise it'd have my wholehearted recommendation

That MW stahl is only comparable to Outlier New Way/Three Way shorts. The Outlier Ultralights are in a class of their own. There are very few other options out there for very hot weather. The only caveat is that last summer's batch of ultralights was a bit fragile (pilling at the seat of the pants) otherwise it'd have my wholehearted recommendation

TADGear's amphibious shorts have done me well in the actual tropics and also DC's horrifically humid summers.

Got a pair of Outlier climber pants in slate in a 33 that I'm looking to sell.  Condition is 9/10, no wear or fraying always well maintained. $140 shipped.  We can make sure import duties are avoided if you're overseas.

Drop me a PM.

j.

i just ordered a new TNF venture for a cheap shell to wear to work and holy shit the sizing is awful (no stockists here so i couldn't try on). i know there is a lot of irony in complaining about the fit of a TNF garment but the arms are so absurdly long and wide its ridiculous - i had one 5+ years ago when travelling and i don't remember it being this dogshit.

A look from "the other side".

Dang, those Outlier pants are nice. But imagining myself being able to drop $200+ on a pair of pants (hell, $60+ on a pair of pants) without crippling guilt is like imagining myself riding a unicorn. That is more money than I've ever spent on a couch.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what kind of couch you could get for 200 dollars and how many bugs it has in it.

Edited by exhaust fumes

Hey Talking about all the gore tex technology + heavy rain protection..

Are there any materials/brands that focus on very hot climates? I am currently living in South America, I really love everything Techwear related. But even the summer collections would seem impossible for the south american weather. Any tipps?