The new Zurich wool/softshell top from Mission Workshop looks pretty intriguing.

http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/new-bike-gear-previews/mission-workshop-zurich

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2013/12/04/mission-workshop-zurich-softshell-hoodie/

I live in their merino wool bosun jacket, and I'm kind of digging the Zurich as a bosun+ alternative.  The bosun is actually great as a bike/activewear, and their Gobi beanie is righteous too.

That reminds me of something I've been thinking about - replacements for denim, that can be worn and worn and worn - are Outlier the best solution? I'm on a bit of a minimalist/buy the best possible tip and not a huge fan of denim anyway, but very few other pants have the same durability.

I'd like to buy 2 pairs of pants once a year and be sorted (exclude formal situations etc.).  I'm not as concerned with water resistance or stretch as I am with durability and maintenance of appearance. Any other suggestions? Arc'teryx poss? Are there any good pants made from cordura type fabrics?

Edited by Jagannath

Cross-posting from Veilance thread

Are there any other boots similar to the Diemme Vat or Danner Mountain Light III? Considerably narrow, preferably. I'm considering a pair of the Diemmes but I'm weary of how they'd pair with my Veilance gear as I primarily wear my Galvanic and usually black jeans/wool trousers or my Voronois. I really love the look of the Diemme x SI but just can't justify $750 at the moment, could stick it out till a sale pops up. 

SI X Diemme Combats

44550293SW_13_f.jpg

Diemme Vat 

RocciaVetOntarioMastrottoWhiteCristyRubb

"If someone went all out on denim and made it  an articulated cut, maybe some darting at the knees, gusset crotch, add a little elastane, black overdyed, and didn't bastardize it with weird/overthetop details I think I'd be down. Funny, but I think Levi's has had one of the more successful attempts at blending denim+tech"

sounds like uh... g-star bro

Is the converse cashmere pack (Loro Piana Storm System?) legit or hype?

/quote]

I've never experienced them but the idea seems relentlessly stupid

Any of you bring dopp kits to work? I'm looking for something a bit more compact and of more durable materials than my giant, leather beater. (lol.)

Yes - I am a professional footballer and stand by my Louis Vuitton monogram Dopp kit - it allows me to perform at the highest level and express my individuality both on and off the pitch

I'm not as concerned with water resistance or stretch as I am with durability and maintenance of appearance. Any other suggestions? Arc'teryx poss? Are there any good pants made from cordura type fabrics?

REALLY wish Veilance would bring back that Canvas Jean pant from F10

That reminds me of something I've been thinking about - replacements for denim, that can be worn and worn and worn - are Outlier the best solution? I'm on a bit of a minimalist/buy the best possible tip and not a huge fan of denim anyway, but very few other pants have the same durability.

I'd like to buy 2 pairs of pants once a year and be sorted (exclude formal situations etc.).  I'm not as concerned with water resistance or stretch as I am with durability and maintenance of appearance. Any other suggestions? Arc'teryx poss? Are there any good pants made from cordura type fabrics?

Outlier has been in the past the best bang-for-the-buck. I lived in two pairs of keirins for about a year, able to run/hike/climb/attend casual meetings/go out with the same pair of pants. Never had a crotch blowout, despite biking every day, and had the flexibility to do yoga in them if I so desired. 

However, their price point has soared recently, and I think that swrve actually makes a more reasonably priced alternative, as does Mission Workshop's 'Division' pant. Little extraneous details and decently made stuff. 

(I'm selling a pair of black keirin's in size 33...just fyi)