I checked it all in store and was quite disappointed, Danii. Don't get me wrong, it was quite nice, but not as good as i was expecting. The wax jackets and jeans felt really rigid and restrictive (maybe they break in?) but the fleece hoody and merino pullover were quite nice. I wasn't excited enough to buy anything personally.

I have the original parkas in waxed cotton and ballistic nylon. Assuming it's the same material, the waxed cotton should soften up. The ballistic nylon will not. 

They had a lot of pieces with interesting construction and fabrics (have another wool/cordura blend coat with outlast coating and some weird plastic bag-like interlayer), so was disappointed this release was all pretty basic. New designs are apparently in the works though!

Swung by the Tilak store very briefly today.

The new Poutnik Thomas coat is very nice. Fabric is the right balance of light and substantial with a great hand. Might just be because I'm partial to that style, but that's the standout piece of the line if you don't need a hood.

Shield coat is much lighter than I was expecting - almost like a packable shell. Easily SS weight, but construction was top notch.

There were a few pieces on sale (off the top of my head: shield coat in an XL, blade jacket in a S, knight pants in an XL).

Olive color is richer than in pictures. Was going in just for some black monk pants for everyday wear, but got some knights in the olive because the cut and color were great. Material is quite light, which I like. If you're thinking about the pants, the rise fits much lower than measurements suggest because of the cut. Monks are supposed to be 12" for a M and feel like 9". And they don't mention it online, but there's also a manufacturer's guarantee, and they offer repairs for something like $5-10. 

Probably going to poke around some more on Monday if anyone wants a proxy (everything is MSRP rather than the mark-up at other retailers) or some hands-on info.

On 3/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, beepy said:

Olive color is richer than in pictures. 

Not the best lighting but to compare the color.

Knight>Convert>P24A>Field Pants

Medium>Sz 48>Small>Sz 33

3FEAF4F9-1670-4028-9E52-9333B9FFA342.jpeg

Edit: @beepy if you wouldn’t mind taking a fit pic w the Thomas and giving a recommendation on sizing it’d be appreciated. A lot of the retailer shots I’ve  seen have looked awful but it appears it’s from improper sizing.

Edited by wexler
sizes added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 11:53 PM, alavkx said:

Triple aught design has a pretty good lookin sleeve. Order one a bit ago. I’ll give you my thoughts when it arrives. 

https://tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/transport-sleeve/

Woops, forgot to follow up. Pretty good quality, cool lookin sleeve. I got the large to fit my 15” mbp. It was a bit too big, didn’t fit snug. It’s just xpac, so no padding. The look doesn’t suit me, a bit too military for the office. I’ll be sending it back. Not a bad sleeve, just not for me.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^

I tried the DIY method the other summer but the JP fans I imported were a little too loud YET didn't provide enough cooling for the tech/ventile shirts I was working with. 

Add fans in a padded jacket to eliminate sweat is little more than security theater. Although... if it were an air permeable linen or ramie jacket... the breeze might actually be effective?!

Nice, very general overview, but really glazed over the functions/features.

Some not mentioned:
A razor scooter for the combat vest in the image
Detachable nylon pants
Inflatable neck pillow
Backpack straps
A dictaphone
Noise-reduction earmuffs
A backpack with a built-in stool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...