Thanks; after I wrote it and actually thought about the specs a bit harder I started getting a bit skeptical about this 180kWh version, but they certainly seem to be lining their ducks up correctly.

I hope they succeed, because we need more EVs. 

Noragi shirts? 

Cba to spend Vivsim / ACR prices for one.

Saw the sir plus ones but ideally want something that is crossbody rather than tie in the middle. Longsleeve.

Thanks in advance 

20 minutes ago, GUNDAM said:

Noragi shirts? 

Saw the sir plus ones but ideally want something that is crossbody rather than tie in the middle. Longsleeve.

Thanks in advance 

Most brands won't be "techwear" exactly, but Mittan might have what you're after (though they're dealing more in longer jackets rather than shirts, generally). You can usually snag them at an okay price on fromjapan or some other Japanese proxy site. No supplier in NA that I know of. In general, you can usually find more affordable options by browsing a magazine like GO OUT—I might have a look through my issues later, since I've also been considering getting something similar.

12 hours ago, BlueBook said:

Does anyone have recommendation for metal wallets? Thanks 

secrid, dango, ridge, trayvax are the main players in the edc space for that. none are inherently techwear though.

Cheers for the heads up @junkie_dolphin that mittan stuff is nice! Will add them to the long list of brand mirin'. Though as you said they are more full length that was what i was trying to layer under. I have the index jacket but its thin so can't wear as much in colder weather without hoodie but wanted a more unifom layer. Grabbed the Sir Plus one as there is a store very close to me so went in today.

Got the wool/cashmere blend one and its really nice quality. Has 4 inside pockets which was nice to find and the two outside hand pockets, good angle on those.

180822.Sir-Plus.Day1_-13s4w_6ef734c2-1e35-4430-a2d7-6d7878f5540d_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_20190103_182925.jpg

IMG_20190103_182757.jpg

looks like vexed generation finally released their comeback collection!

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/vexed-generation/items.aspx?q=vexed%20generation

for those not familiar with the brand: http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/36710/1/the-return-of-cult-political-fashion-brand-vexed-generation-90s-london

Edited by eyesolation

10 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

i'm not sure the vexed aesthetic has aged well. there's something about nineties UK street culture that's very much bound to that specific time and place.

I dunno man, I think a lot of stuff from that era makes a lot of sense, aesthetically, these days... what with the explosion of interest in “vintage” Lang, Sander, Prada more generally...

I’m very tempted by that bag. It’s always been on my list, but that’s a bit pricy.

I got a demo of TNF’s new Futurelight fabric today. Utterly insane how thin and light they’ve made it while endowing it with enough performance to use climbing Everest. Really sustainable production too, apparently. 

Sadly had to decline when they offered to measure me for a jacket :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 11:04 AM, GUNDAM said:

Noragi shirts? 

Thanks in advance 

Guerilla group has made some dope techwear noragis. I always see a few pop up on Grailed.

Hey, I'm looking for a black pullover hoody to replace my basic cotton one. All I really is a zippered pocket somewhere, kangaroo pouch and good synthetic materials (water resistance). Bonus points if the hood covers the neck and the face.

The new Magnus hoodie by MW seems like a good option but the little bit of cotton sketches me out, and the price is a little more than I would like to spend, also I wish the hood covered the face more I guess. The Prometheus Design Werx Pursuit and The Arrivals Techno are another options I've found but I don't like the lack of hood drawstrings and the pockets are weird on the former, and the latter is too basic. Idk

Anything else I might be interested in? Thanks

^ Looks cool visually

my main concerns would be that 3m fabric (even the stone island shadow multicolor fabric) is extremely prone to cracking, wrinkles, or scratches. 

Can't imagine that would hold up well for an avid snowboarder or adventurer who needs some abrasion resistance