Anybody have any good glove recommendations? Looking for something low profile but still has some warmth and water resistancy - touch screen stuff is a plus.

was eyeing the infinium stuff north face put out and might give them a trial

2 hours ago, Tilore said:

Anybody have any good glove recommendations? Looking for something low profile but still has some warmth and water resistancy - touch screen stuff is a plus.

I’ve had the Seal Skinz all seasons glove for the last couple years. They’ve held up well for winter biking. While they’re not terribly warm they are wind/waterproof and good for me down to around -7 to -10 C. Touch screen compatibility is ok since the palm/finger tips are leather.

40 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

Noragi/J72 lovers - Enfin Leve second drop on Black Friday.

You can get this in Stotz as well. Idk if that’ll be an option when it’s live on their site but someone emailed them and said it’s possible.

edit: slightly cheaper in Stotz vs the tyvek

Edited by wexler

3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

i appreciate the enthusiasm for materials innovation that vollebak seems to be all about, but they really need to work on their aesthetic. their pieces always look derivative and seem to lack for identity.

I think part of that aesthetic impression, for me, is that they have focused on a single product drops. They aren't dropping a collection or capsule. So it's been kind of piecemeal. I can certainly understand the view you've got that designs are looking derivative. It's kind of hard to reinvent the shirt or a pant, but designers do make things fresh inside these constraints. Might not be a concern for them if they're putting fabric choices on top.

I'm interest in what they are doing, but also something that's a bit off... maybe it's just not for me. I love that they're pulling in intetesting fabrics into designs but I'm left wondering,  is there one single designer who's been behind all the designs or is this more the result of outsourcing product design and development that handled by a creative director? I can't tell. But does that matter? 

I guess it's working for them. They've sold that initial run of the pant at , to my eyes, a very premium price for a non-fashion brand and people are thinking and talking about them. Success for a brand is finding enough people who are willing to pay for pieces at a prices that allows you to move forward and grow. They seem to be doing that and outside the norms of regular clothing categories and distribution. Looks like they've found their dudes. I'm likely not one of them.

3 hours ago, Tilore said:

Been on the glove hunt as well. Tried on TNF infinium gloves. Cozy, good feel, easy to get on/off. The only reason I'm not 100% sold is that the branding is a bit loud.

2 hours ago, bouncingsoul said:

Arc Alpha MX! Got mine recently and they are awesome.

I've tried on the Alpha MX. It could be that I was trying a size too small, but being that they are climbing gloves they were pretty arduous to put on and remove, which was a turn off for me. Good looking/feeling gloves, though.

1 hour ago, CB200 said:

I'm interest in what they are doing, but also something that's a bit off... maybe it's just not for me. I love that they're pulling in intetesting fabrics into designs but I'm left wondering,  is there one single designer who's been behind all the designs or is this more the result of outsourcing product design and development that handled by a creative director? I can't tell. But does that matter? 

i think part of it is that they seem to identify more as a gadget manufacturer than a fashion label.

TNF Polartec ones are great for super cold weather, rest of the year i wear mechanix covert gloves. Normal ones for spring/autumn and vent ones for summer when cycling to/from work. They hold up really well and i like the fit.

Edit - dont buy the e-tip TNF if you want warmth i found they were super thin compared with the normal polartec windproof ones or w/e they are called. You can still use ur phone with polartec ones. Majority of decent phones these days have the feedback sorted for using gloves.

Edited by GUNDAM

• 2 weeks later...

TNF in Japan has always seemed so solid - and separate form the rest of the world... well other than HK.  I think the new Creative director for the TNF's main brand work should start to be seen more and more. He's been there for a year so influence probably slowly showing up. Balancing the legacy of TNF, in street wear and in the outdoors, while adding something fresh seems like a challenge. His previous work could certainly leans more to the fashion-forward side of things. Mix that with the TNF outdoor legacy and there might be some interesting pieces coming through to those of us outside Japan. That's if he's given the "OK" from the money folks to move beyond milking their their classics like the Nuptse.  I think there's a good chance we'll see some interesting things come from TNF if the CD stays on.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:14 PM, wexler said:

Came across another site that carries Tilak and Poutnik based in the UK

https://www.sevenstore.com/brands/poutnik-by-tilak/?sessionid=a219e5c33d00d238b51a3cc08eb723e72c716caf

Also running 30% until the end of today GMT w/ code:BLACKFRIDAY30

You can order directly from Tilak via email for the Poutnik items, though will have to pay via bank transfer rather than card / paypal etc. They've been really helpful and quick to reply for my orders!

2 hours ago, CB200 said:

TNF in Japan has always seemed so solid... 

Mix that with the TNF outdoor legacy and there might be some interesting pieces coming through to those of us outside Japan. 

Yeah, I wish we get those in the US instead of Japan only exclusives. Sucks paying proxy fees which make me reluctant in trying some pieces out. Ive always enjoyed wearing TNF, albeit mainline mostly, before copping ACRNM and the like.

Anyone haz sizing info on the beams collab? 

Venmo ready 

Edited by Flipflop214

returned a pair of VOLLEBAK 100YP so they will pop up soon if anyone interested! (graphite/L)

the fabric has very nice feel, the leg adjustment is kinda awkward but I guess hey are made to cover huge snowboots and not really to create tappered look, but it's achievable and the pants look better worn then when unpacked (my girlfriend thought I bought workwear pants). I went oversized and unfortunatelly that resulted in the cargo pockets sitting right on my knees which made them unusable. Overall the pocket layout is a bit weird (shadow project weird). I do not find the zipper under flap necesarry at all and (without real life testing experience) the key pocket is very odd position for something that is hard and pointy (keys), it won't fit iphone.

tldr; supercomfy/outdoor look/weird pocket layout/ ★★☆☆☆

On 12/2/2018 at 7:25 PM, TEKsevenZERO said:

Can anyone id this jacket RJ Scaringe was wearing here?

wow so we can confirm someone actually buys AETHER

[https://www.aetherapparel.com/collections/mens-jackets/products/realm-jacket]

realm_lifestyle_01_1200x600_crop_center.

checked the video again to be sure the seams are not present at your screenshots due to the image compression.

Edited by danii

On 12/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, TEKsevenZERO said:

Can anyone id this jacket RJ Scaringe was wearing here?

I thought it might be UBR or Veillance but could not fine either?

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 18.21.04.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 18.21.49.png

The dude who founded Rivian? If and when I get over to see them in person I will see if he notices me wearing Acronym and Veilance...