3 hours ago, danii said:

VOLLEBAK Graphene jacket [595EUR]

I kinda like how it reminded me of J63-PB yet it is complete opposite - value for money, durable.

And it's reversible too (including pockets) and finally has a two way zip.

I really like their Planet Earth Shirt (even though it is a bit busy/loud/safari). That material is awesome too.

Plus they have the best customer service and returns pipeline I've ever experienced.

Edited by hjpx

2 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

You got the early bird email too Danii? 

I've purposely kept quiet about this brand as they seem way more tech than 'others' but alot more down to earth and inclusive.

Over and out.

yeah but I feel like I have too many jackets, so I passed. I wish they restock the ocean shorts. Any experience with those?

I'm excited about this coat... moreso the textile within it. The brothers behind Vollebak seem to be really pushing it, hugely inspired by them. Also worth crediting is HST Creative (https://www.hstcreative.co.uk/) who are responsible for bringing all their wild ideas to life.

I have my reservations however... their kevlar hoody isnt gunna last me near 100years... likely wont make it to Christmas. Kevlar is really sensitive, doesn't like temp changes, humidity or UV, and actually breaks down very quickly losing much of its strength in short periods of exposure. It's also a very coarse and abrasive fiber and when paired with things like nylon or poly will physically slice through the fibers it's knit against. Very tricky to make long wearing stretchy kevlar knits, cost/benefit/risk/reward is not in line.

https://snowpeak.com/collections/tops-apparel/products/jk-18su009-seamless-hoodie?variant=7787457282076

I picked this up at the Snow Peak store the other week, there's a few other sizes if you're in NYC. They also have a bunch of other interesting stuff, although their cuts are very boxy (which is an either like it or hate it thing).

brands supporting hoodrattery is a movement i can get behind! lmao

[edit]

further thinking... they likely just robbed a warehouse earlier that week.

[/edit]

Edited by the-intern

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like what civilized puts out, but the clothes are really only designed for short dudes. I'm 183cm / 6' and easily fit a size 3, sometimes even a 2, but most of the tops look cropped on me and the pants inseam is always way too short so I have never been able to get anything. 

Sneak Peak (April 2018) – BikeRumor!

True to their ‘Always Evolve’ tag line, Gore Wear has been busier than ever lately with new product and technologies. That’s said to be the result of a substantial reinvestment in their own research and development a few years ago, that is starting to pay dividends. This next chapter of Gore’s apparel division is highlighted by truly groundbreaking materials that will soon be found throughout the outdoor industry – not just in Gore Wear.
The evolution also includes a new branding and naming structure with all of Gore’s cycling and running clothing merging into the ‘Gore Wear’ brand. Going further still, winter ’18 will see Gore Wear’s fabric technologies split into two main categories – Gore-Tex for the fully waterproof gear, and Gore Infinium which will include the Windstopper, new Soft Line Shell, and other Gore technologies.

Part of that new Gore Infinium range is their new Soft Line Shell fabric. Sort of the evolution of Windstopper and soft shells, Soft Line Shell uses Gore Shakedry fabric for the outer face, and a unique backer on the inside for improved moisture transfer. There will actually be a few different backers depending on the application with some offering more insulation than others.

When used in pieces like this new running soft shell that will debut this fall, the Soft Line Shell fabric is not taped at the seams which will still provide a very water resistant, almost waterproof shell, but one that breathes even better. The combination will make it lighter and more breathable than other soft shell jackets in its class...

DfhXOaS.jpg

Soft Line Shell practically a continuation of the J62 & J63. 

IMG-20170420-WA0009.jpg

(reviews of the fabric can be found in the acrnm topic)

Stone Island FW1819 438Y2 PERMANENT WATER REPELLER GORE-TEX® INFINIUM SOFT LINEN SHELL (Soft Line Shell Vest, with fold-away Shakedry sleeves)

Dfnj8nl.jpg

KJo5g3L.jpg

VqlEma9.jpg

Stone Island FW1819 435Y1 PERMANENT WATER REPELLER GORE-TEX® PRODUCTS WITH SHAKEDRY™ PRODUCT TECHNOLOGY_PACKABLE (Shakedry Trench, with Nylon Metal Down detachable Liner - including back pocket for trench)

BxyXqr4.jpg

dN3BI8S.jpg

T1o0XRs.jpg

wMwuQ1V.jpg

Do8ueIM.jpg

I've been praising the packability of shakedry for a while and this might be the most inventive application yet. Zip-off sleeves have been done countless times before but zip-in I don't recall; Stone Island gives the convenience of a techbro patagonia vest with always available coverage when needed. Perhaps only Jared of Silicon Valley could pull off this pleather looking biker vest with the prominent pockets and back logo so I hope other brands borrow this idea for more muted designs

Edited by SuE

• 3 weeks later...