4 hours ago, wexler said:

Nice to see they've gotten a lot more items from when they first started carrying them last year.

Do you happen to know if there are any other retailers besides Pegg, Alpha Shadows and Denim Headz that ship Poutnik to the US?

I just ordered Monk pants from Alpha Shadows - coming tomorrow via UPS. They gave me a coupon to deduct VAT at the checkout, PM me if you want it.

On 2/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, symbebekos said:

They gave me a coupon to deduct VAT at the checkout, PM me if you want it.

Thanks, unfortunately they don't have my size of the item I'm looking for.

Yeah I emailed them a month or two ago about VAT since I'm in the states. Like you said all you have to do is contact them prior to making an order and they'll send a code to remove VAT. As long as you're not located in the EU.

Edited by wexler
words

Van and NYC gear heads, how is Lululemon Lab? Just exactly what kind of concept is it. Ostensibly there is a mix of in-house and 3rd party (Cote & Ciel). Are there any stand out pieces. From the instagram pictures, it doesn't look like much of a departure from the dad and yoga instructor gear. How are the prices? Are there any cool pants I can wear to the office?

lol, funny you should ask, I went today and I think I'm gonna end up buying some stuff. They have a cool dress shirt that's cotton/nylon/elastane (no dwr unfortunately), with a hidden placket, bemis bonded chest pocket and hem. if it had prym snaps, a little more substantial feel, and DWR it'd be a polytope killer. $140 and comes in XS. theres merino tees in pretty cool colors with actual flatlock seams (veilance doesnt even do this). will go back tomorrow and try to get pics/prices. they also have a cropped womens nylon/elastane mesh tank top.. that im gonna get.. lol

AMhdYL3.jpg

lab stuff is definitely a step up from mainline lululemon. ive heard good things about their pants. i think the designs for NYC are going to be different than the designs in YVR though, and they change pretty often it seems.

Edited by branespload

Does the shirt use sewn buttons then? I've tried applying DWN on my Polytope with success; though I just feels silly. I'm sure you apply down to that shirt as well. If you're looking for a Polytope, let me know I can probably ask someone to get one for you. 

It was my understanding that AV just didn't like the whole exposed seam thing. A lot of my Lulu and Reigning Champ gear have flat locked seams and I just don't see the visual appeal nor is it too comfortable. 

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I don't get why they're so cryptic on their website. I just want to see more products. No comment on the mesh tank.

Interesting. I assume they have two creative teams then? I guess my real question is, is the gear minimal or more techy?

I may well be late to the party with this news, but I just read that the adidas x rick owens relationship is over, really sorry to hear this as the last two iterations of the level runner are my all time fave shoes ever.

Who on earth is going to fill that gap is beyond me. They were like wearable architecture.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO
Sausage finger

1 hour ago, johngalt said:

Does the shirt use sewn buttons then? I've tried applying DWN on my Polytope with success; though I just feels silly. I'm sure you apply down to that shirt as well. If you're looking for a Polytope, let me know I can probably ask someone to get one for you. 

It was my understanding that AV just didn't like the whole exposed seam thing. A lot of my Lulu and Reigning Champ gear have flat locked seams and I just don't see the visual appeal nor is it too comfortable. 

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I don't get why they're so cryptic on their website. I just want to see more products. No comment on the mesh tank.

Interesting. I assume they have two creative teams then? I guess my real question is, is the gear minimal or more techy?

lol dammit i got back and forgot to take pics -_-. the gear doesnt look really techy honestly, pretty minimal. i'd say the most visually interesting part of the buttonup (called the Sullivan shirt, apparently) is the bonded chest pocket. I mainly like the shirt for its lack of visual detail if that makes sense (hidden placket, bonded edges etc). And yeah I might be interested in the polytope but IIRC you said the color is more blue than it is white?

I get what you mean about the exposed flatlock seams, they did make for some interesting tonal patterning/lines on the merino tees. My issue with the veilance knit stuff is when you layer a bunch of it you can feel it on your traps/shoulderblades.

As for the price, the mesh tank was freakin $88 lol. And the shirt was $140. Have you checked out both instagrams?

Its all good I'll have buddy swing by Van. Without ecomm, its really stuff I'd need to see in person. Certain things still feel to athliesurely. I'll drop you a PM. 

Agreed. Though that would be fixed by repositioning seam junctions. I just got the Dyadic hoody. Over a Frame tee, I feel it bearing down. 

Fuck that's expensive for Lulu. Is that the Haedn jacket I see?

I just got this military vest from ALYX. Very cool vest with many little details which I might never use. However the two straps on the chest kind of bother me because I have absolutely no idea what they suppose to do. Before I receive it, I thought they are for adjustment, but no, they are just two big loop dangling on the chest. Any ideas guys.

05106190-DE82-4A80-91DE-A04DA5E7EB65.thumb.jpeg.3116a481c9877c5f6df70a421cf178a2.jpeg

I thought paying more than most souls take in monthly for a product that cost about 10$ to manufacture was crazy... doing so without even looking at the pics takes the cake!

Danii's right... check this out as an alternative, saw it posted to reddit in an awesome fit yesterday. http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/561229369314

10 hours ago, the-intern said:

I thought paying more than most souls take in monthly for a product that cost about 10$ to manufacture was crazy... doing so without even looking at the pics takes the cake!

So we're not all paying €310 for a cobra belt? 

https://shop.alyxstudio.com/products/rollercoaster-belt-black

Lmao

Edited by wexler
Stupid yank doesn't know where to put the € sign

@danii not sure what you mean by "proper", but the alyx belt does use a stubai click fix buckle made in Austria, which is proper performance gear. and both cobra and stubai buckles are being abused for fashion belts like the alyx one, or the bagjack one for that matter.

And yes, I do get that the OP is asking to get roasted for posting that fashion vest, but for those making fun of alyx belts you better not be wearing a cobra belt lol.

Edited by eyesolation

2800kg breaking strength buckle on cheap polyester tagged with (maybe) tex25 poly-core thread. It's good thing that buckle is there! because you'll want a souvenir keep once the rest of the thing falls apart from a stern look, or cool breeze.

Buckle or not... this is a costume piece, not techwear. In my opinion anyhow.

Edited by the-intern

@eyesolation I have not seen the ALYX belt irl (obviously), but I have seen Austrialpin buckle and it is different construction, this looks like the ones chinese diyers put on their 4A bags, this (can be found under "cobra buckle" keywords on alyxpress.com). Of course it can be a knock-off of austrian made buckle, but not Austrialpin, if you know the source, please let me know I would gladly negrep myself (and see their range).

I am not saying this vest is techwear with performance and function in mind, but being a military/utility inspired piece, it’s just fascinating to me where’s the inspiration from and I thought I could ask here, a first class and “tech minded” community. Constructive opinion, joke, criticism are all welcome. 

Ps. I found these loops are perfect as arm sling when my arms are tired :P

@danii Well I do admit I cannot provide any actual proof of whether Alyx is using replica buckles or not - but I have the original Stubai buckle here (modded a bag of mine with those) and comparing it to the Alyx buckle I cannot tell the difference other than the branding.
As far as I know all those cheap knock off buckles started to surface after the Alyx belt generated so much hype and the fakes I've seen (including the one you posted the link for) are pretty easy to tell apart from the original by looking at the shape of the side clasps for opening the buckle. (the original ones have a much sharper and cleaner contour.)

But anyway, I think no belt is going to need the actual performance of the real buckle (unless you're MacGyver...) and the point I wanted to make was it's a bit ridiculous to make fun of people wearing Alyx belts while at the same time calling cobra belts legit techwear. As someone wearing both the Alyx belt and Bagjack's cobra belt, I have to say they're both just fashion and provide the exact same utility of holding my pants as any other quality belt.

Edited by eyesolation

Ah nice, I was not aware of Stubai brand. Alyx is made in italy, I guess they must use the real deal then.

I never wore a cobrabuckle belt, but from my point of view it's the belt construction that makes it techwear. If it was only about buckle I cannot understand why would anyone get scammed over a 130usd belt buy an overpriced alternative to a generic less-then-half-price tactical belt on ebay. I always made fun of the very exact thing: great to have a 24kN buckle that connects milspec webbing to plastic triglide.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone share his experience with Enfin Leve pants? I'm interested in these:
https://store.enfinleve.com/collections/bottoms/products/sestao-cargo-pants-black

It was mentioned here before but maybe by now some of you have bought a pair.
Would be grateful to hear any thoughts on quality, fit and whether some of you have ordered a custom size from them.

Edited by gantz

14 hours ago, nigel1 said:

I own a couple of their pants, fit is great and they hold up pretty well. I got a custom length as I'm a shorter guy.

Thanks! Do you have both a schoeler and stotz fabric one? I'be interested in stotz but I think I've never had any piece of clothing made of stotz. And with it being zero stretchy I'm even more concerned about their fit if made to custom size.