35 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Let's face it, who look more daft, the person swanning and skidding around in their $700 fashion pumps or the person happily trudging through the snow and slush in their old waterproof duckboots?

Count me in the latter any day!

For sure! And if you want to up your duckboot game and don't care about destroying $1k CAD boots, there's always these ;) :

Common-Projects-Duck-Boot-Black-2_large.

Need to up my insulator game for this winter. Currently looking at the Veilance Mionn IS and Nike ACG Metamorphosis jacket as liners under acronym shells. I like the convenience of being able to attach ACG insulators into acr jackets but figure the Mionn is much better quality and warmer. Any opinions on one vs the other from folks with experience with these pieces or other suggestions appreciated. Ideally would like to get a J58-WS but not an option atm.

6 hours ago, white_paper_unicorn said:

hey guys. thought i would share this pic i made here. I don't know why errolson retweeted this lmao

PpQfu3D.jpg

Ah, you're the infamous legendary creator behind this piece of art. It's made its rounds through the techwear community already. Super funny and well done.

I tried one in an Arc store some time ago. I like the concept of this jacket but for my understanding the insulation is not enough for anything but a slight fall breeze. The fit is nice (but not exactly super slim - which is ok for me) and qualitywise there are usually no complaints when there is Arcteryx written on it.

18 hours ago, Haackk said:

Anyone here have any experience with the Arcteryx Mainline Rico shacket? Looks like a pretty dope down filled shirt jacket, which imo looks way cooler than the Cerrium. Apropriate for urban cold weather condition as well as more outdorsy stuff. Am I right or not? 

arcteryxmodel-16_075ded38-22f9-45fa-b39b

WARNING WARNING

DANGER DANGER

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Those seams leak down like nobody's business. 0/10 would not fuck.

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

WARNING WARNING

DANGER DANGER

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Those seams leak down like nobody's business. 0/10 would not fuck.

Damn. That’s a shame. I take it you know that from personal experience with the jacket? Do you know if it’s a well known problem regarding the construction, like the crotch tears on the Veilance pants, or might you have been an unlucky cat with a bad sample? 

Edited by Haackk

6 hours ago, Haackk said:

Damn. That’s a shame. I take it you know that from personal experience with the jacket? Do you know if it’s a well known problem regarding the construction, like the crotch tears on the Veilance pants, or might you have been an unlucky cat with a bad sample? 

That specific jacket is from Arc'teryx's infamous "24" line—their urban stuff from mainline, sort of the poor man's Veilance—which is almost always garbage. Let's just say I know a few people who would be in a position to accurately judge the rate of failure of these pieces. That jacket ("shacket") and the Therme/Patera parkas have (I'm told) more problems than virtually any other garment currently sold by the brand. It's Voronoi AR-level failure, except that the Voronoi's are produced in much more limited quantities, so...

That being said, if you're looking for a nice clean down jacket, there'll be one coming in Veilance in FW18.

I really want a wool  fleece mid layer, but I can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. Anything new is either 100% synthetic or best case 63% wool (Outlier). I'm on the hunt for a size 3 iris liner, but are there any other options out there? 

It doesn't have to be exclusively wool, but only natural fibers.

10 hours ago, Bigyen said:

I really want a wool  fleece mid layer, but I can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. Anything new is either 100% synthetic or best case 63% wool (Outlier). I'm on the hunt for a size 3 iris liner, but are there any other options out there? 

It doesn't have to be exclusively wool, but only natural fibers.

https://www.ibex.com/mens-woolies-3-hoody?quantity=1

0324_8100_00.jpg

15 minutes ago, N.V. said:

The ACG cargos of this year look exactly the same as the last two previous years (2015 & 2016).

Can anyone else spot a difference besides the logo near the heel?

https://www.nike.com/t/nikelab-acg-cargo-mens-pants-dLgkb6/914473-010

nikelab-acg-cargo-mens-pants-dLgkb6.jpg

FW15 and FW16 were almost identical except the different colors and lack of belt loops on fw16 (from what I know, I dont own fw15). FW17 seems to have a different pocket configuration (at least the right cargo pocket looks to be placed differently), there is the reflective logo inside the leg, no zippers to expand the hem opening, and belt loops are back.

7 hours ago, Bigyen said:

That's what I'm saying! Everything is synthetic fibers.

I found a Filson liner that's all wool, but it's a bit boxy in fit.

Have you checked out Mission Workshop?

7 hours ago, shifty said:

FW15 and FW16 were almost identical except the different colors and lack of belt loops on fw16 (from what I know, I dont own fw15). FW17 seems to have a different pocket configuration (at least the right cargo pocket looks to be placed differently), there is the reflective logo inside the leg, no zippers to expand the hem opening, and belt loops are back.

There was also a noticeable fabric upgrade from fw15 to fw16.

could be wrong but it seems like they took out the drawstring on the cargo pockets this season. worst "feature" of the previous iterations imo.

7 hours ago, Flexerino said:

Got a good deal on a pair of ACG Woven drawstring in sz L. I like oversized pants, love p17s. Im 6foot 165lbs, 30"waist. Will L look okay or should i stick with M? Anyone with experience?

IIRC nike size chart says size S covers up to a 32 in waist, so I wouldn't go any higher than size M. Im the same size and I have acg cargos in M and the drawstring gets kinda annoying at times with how tight I have to pull it.

Their Lima Jacket from 2 seasons ago, which seems to be back, is still on my mind.

Spoiler

6034502C5_F16_2.jpg?sw=1500&sh=1500&sm=f

Edited by hjpx
precision & image

I like the yellow and purple anoraks, not sure how I feel about how rigid the shoulder thing on the womens coat, but otherwise it looks sweet, the shadow of the two lower pockets creates a nice effect for visual depth

Edited by Albm