Been awhile. I snagged a Junya Porter today and I'm trying to find out how salvageable this is... it's in a pretty gnarly state around the neck and pits. 

Can I get some recommendations on what would be the best approach to fixing up the taped seams and getting some of the discolored crap out? Hoping I can get some use out of this without feeling like I'm drowning in another dudes grease. 

20171102_121022.jpg

TDHiYVU.jpg

Edited by koromo

On 10/27/2017 at 12:45 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

the voronoi is the best looking pant in the world but they should really apply some outdoor dna to it to make it last as long as a €350 pair of pants should.

agreed. my voronoi ARs have held up super well but my classic voronoi's got a hole in the knee within the first month. i guess they wanted that version to be as light as possible so you trade the durability :/

On 10/29/2017 at 7:46 PM, fals3 said:

Any recommendations for insulated or water resistant baseball caps?  Goretex, wax-cotton, polartech etc.  Kinda want one for light rain and one for when it gets cold. I might just cop the 1k Corp wax-cotton cap thats out now.

Also, I'll write up a longer review later but after trying basically everything out there (Outlier StDs, SDs, FWs, 60/30, OGs, Wester Rise, Onu) the Mission Workshop Mission Jeans are the best tech-ish pants out there.  Def need tailoring to actually make them slim below the knee and the "won't bag out" thing is ...not accurate but they look great and are comfortable as hell. 

I like the Guerrilla Group hat (have an older season version), fits well and water resistance is good. 

Haven't tried it, but Cold Smoke makes a water proof hat as well.

https://www.coldsmokeco.com/shop/the-event-1oz-rain-hat/

1 hour ago, Inkinsurgent said:

anyone got any intel on whether there'll be a Nikelab ACG drop this nov/dec?

I think it's very confirmed that there will be acg fw17, date still TBD (probably nov 30 or dec 7) but errolson tweeted about there being some new acg being worn at complexcon (see pic of alpine jacket), and he mentioned that fw17 is their strongest acg season yet because it's had the most time for design and weartesting.

image.png?width=338&height=601

Any tips for warm boots? I own a pair of Nike DAF1s and a pair of Red Wing 8174 but today it dropped to -20C and im fucking cold. Could go for some black grizzlys but would be nice with something kinda affordable. Doesnt need to be super tech but i really dont want to settle for some sorels...

SO611Y00E-O11@13.4.jpg

Edited by Flexerino

When it comes time to trade style for warmth I put on my Columbia Bugaboots with Omni-Heat (the silver dots). So warm that unless it's below 20° F I go without socks. Inexpensive too, especially if you can find last seasons stock.

Honestly Columbia should get more love. Innovative fabrics and hella warm gear.

Yeah, I don't think any of the sneakerboots are actually warm. The closest Ive come to something stylish and semi-warm was the Vans/TNF colab chukka from a couple of years ago, but the sole is too thin to work for long. Cole Haan has got 50% of some boot styles right now?

On 11/21/2017 at 2:07 AM, Flexerino said:

Any tips for warm boots? I own a pair of Nike DAF1s and a pair of Red Wing 8174 but today it dropped to -20C and im fucking cold. Could go for some black grizzlys but would be nice with something kinda affordable. Doesnt need to be super tech but i really dont want to settle for some sorels...

i just ordered these 

S80753_04_standard.jpg?sw=2000

http://www.adidasoutdoor.com/terrex-conrax-boa/CCV94.html

they're 50% off to 150 right now, then u can save $20 if u sign up for the newsletter, brings it to $130 shipped.

climaproof membrane, primaloft insulation, boa lacing, boost midsole, stealth rubber outsole. seems decent enough for the price

Might have to face the fact that when it drops to -30 you cant compromise warmth.. Been trying to get my hands on a pair of triple black hoka one one tor ultra hi's but its impossible. Those adidas are a steal for 150 though. Might have to give them a try! Thanks

6 hours ago, branespload said:

i just ordered these 

http://www.adidasoutdoor.com/terrex-conrax-boa/CCV94.html

they're 50% off to 150 right now, then u can save $20 if u sign up for the newsletter, brings it to $130 shipped.

climaproof membrane, primaloft insulation, boa lacing, boost midsole, stealth rubber outsole. seems decent enough for the price

They look bombproof to me, I reckon that was a damned good solid purchase, the terrex line I feel is grossly overlooked, nice find dear sir, esp compared to the fashion fayre we are used to seeing.

Be good to hear your thoughts once worn.

Yeah, agreed on really cold weather footwear. When it gets that cold or I'm doing outdoor winter activities I use my Arc'teryx Bora2 GTX with the insulated liner, works perfectly. It also doesn't look bad, but a little bulky for my day-to-day wear.

32 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Let's face it, who look more daft, the person swanning and skidding around in their $700 fashion pumps or the person happily trudging through the snow and slush in their old waterproof duckboots?

Count me in the latter any day!

100% man. I guess if day to day wear means trudging through snow theres not much choise. Old waterproof duckboots it is. The only boots i own atm have that white vibram wedge sole on em and I swear they will be my death. Curling shoe level slipperyness.