Guys, sorry in advance. I know this isn't really techwear, but I couldn't find a more appropriate place to ask. Been trying to ID this 'Dalston' sweatshirt all morning with no luck. Can anyone help me out? There's a purple 8 on the left sleeve, if that helps.

link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BY1qfrenHL6/?hl=en

1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

I don't think anyone can argue the contribution that Mssrs Osti and Blechman have made to what we now call techwear.  Massimo was undoubtably a huge influence on Errolson.

the progression from mhi to acr is obvious. when you look at the early acr stuff there's late nineties uk rave culture all over it. like with music, you build on the previous cool thing to end up with the next cool thing. makes you wonder what the next step will look like.

43 minutes ago, Rain Dogs said:

Guys, sorry in advance. I know this isn't really techwear, but I couldn't find a more appropriate place to ask. Been trying to ID this 'Dalston' sweatshirt all morning with no luck. Can anyone help me out? There's a purple 8 on the left sleeve, if that helps.

link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BY1qfrenHL6/?hl=en

You could probably pick that up at any London market. Try Camden for starters... or, more obviously, Dalston.

5 hours ago, danii said:

how is this the best place to ask about normie crewneck sweatshirt?

it worked, so it's good enough. 

rain dogs -> tweet this acc, he/she knows

https://twitter.com/curiose17

and no. it's available only in france it seems, only 'Dalston' branded items you can get in Dalston is a 4 seater Dalston sofa inside the ridley road mall.
or a 20 quid cocktail with some jamaican punch done by hipsters down in 'untitled', I'd guess..

might as well get that instead to be relevant

4 hours ago, danii said:

awesome, tell us more please:)

:P yeah being using pretty much the whole line for a while, in a word it’s a small company for people who love crazy materials and soft shells.

The good is as starting brand,users could pick up things relatively casually than, well Acr lol lol, these old good time. The team is small too, you could reached the boss Steve or Jo to get thing sorted ranging from shipping, preview and anything else.

The build quality, I would list it as the same level as outlier. And the packaging design is more outlier than Acr.All the things were made in Portugal.

The matrsials strategy, cofounder told me he really loves schoeller so that is the main reason choosing it as the mainly supplier, and so until the latest reflective jacket there is no much hard shell.

The design,id say dudes may not trying their full fire aiming that yet? They hired the design team, used for some sport goods, but I could tell ideas was insert into design was after thinking decision, which is quite smart, like the green spot recognition pullover, though you say it’s used popular on outdoors, but that whole output is quite well.

The philosophy of the brand? It’s absolutely no urban ninja shit or to street wear. It’s kind some gear for extreme outdoor environment but not that sporty, some cozy adventurous pack with low key design and some good ideas too.

Price wise, no cheap,they based in Uk and doing things like acr.

Also, for specific models, except the Kevlar hoody and the latest reflecting jacket, I could tell the details if someone here interested.

at first glance I thought you lock it with rotating it and you can just operate the zipper as you are used to, but seeing it in a video that one has to rotate it to make it move/close the zipper I find it hardly useful. It's a nice concept tho and looks nice on the bag.

speaking of zippers, anyone seen any of those magnetic zipper ends underarmour teased us while ago?

18 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

This really is something, something amazingly good. Can’t to wait to see prototypes.

ykk nendo

http://www.nendo.jp/en/works/zippppper-project/5-zipper-with-a-rotating-motion/?erelease

zippppper_project05_07_akihiro_yoshida.j

zippppper_project05_06_akihiro_yoshida.j

zippppper_project05_12_akihiro_yoshida.j

I don't understand this at alllllll. This zipper seems so non-functional, especially from a time perspective. If i'm going to zip something up, i expect that to be done in a quick 1-step process. This having to turn a dial concept literally leaves me baffled, sure its cool, but it makes no sense from a functionality perspective.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:03 AM, danii said:

did anyone actually ever tried vollekbak??

Vollekbak is amazing, hands down one of the greatest brands when it comes to their attention behind all aspects of whatever it is they're creating. I would say they have a different niche interest then Outlier so I don't think comparing the two are a good fit. I personally own the Baker Miller Hoodie. Bought this back in 2015 when they first released it. Probably my favorite hoodie I own from a functionality perspective, however I don't wear it that often only due to living in California. But if I ever have a hard time sleeping, I just hop up and throw this on, get right back in bed and zip the hood all the way up and pass the fuck outttt. Adding a b-rip to that mix is just as spectacular too.

17 hours ago, danii said:

at first glance I thought you lock it with rotating it and you can just operate the zipper as you are used to, but seeing it in a video that one has to rotate it to make it move/close the zipper I find it hardly useful. It's a nice concept tho and looks nice on the bag.

speaking of zippers, anyone seen any of those magnetic zipper ends underarmour teased us while ago?

They have them in products: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens/mag-zip/g/3911h

Most have the logo pretty prominently though.

Got myself Tilak Poutník Knight pants a while ago. Perfect transition piece, served me well on my trip to Scotland, perfomed well in moors and mountains and looked good enough for nice Edinburgh bars. They still have that Acronym DNA but can't really put a finger on it.

Excellent pants, something that Veilance should try to make instead of those nice but crappy Voronois (now made in bloody China) that cost 3x the price of this. 

Edited by Brainboy

Any recommendations for insulated or water resistant baseball caps?  Goretex, wax-cotton, polartech etc.  Kinda want one for light rain and one for when it gets cold. I might just cop the 1k Corp wax-cotton cap thats out now.

Also, I'll write up a longer review later but after trying basically everything out there (Outlier StDs, SDs, FWs, 60/30, OGs, Wester Rise, Onu) the Mission Workshop Mission Jeans are the best tech-ish pants out there.  Def need tailoring to actually make them slim below the knee and the "won't bag out" thing is ...not accurate but they look great and are comfortable as hell. 

Edited by fals3

On 30/10/2017 at 12:46 AM, fals3 said:

Any recommendations for insulated or water resistant baseball caps?  Goretex, wax-cotton, polartech etc.  Kinda want one for light rain and one for when it gets cold. I might just cop the 1k Corp wax-cotton cap thats out now.

Also, I'll write up a longer review later but after trying basically everything out there (Outlier StDs, SDs, FWs, 60/30, OGs, Wester Rise, Onu) the Mission Workshop Mission Jeans are the best tech-ish pants out there.  Def need tailoring to actually make them slim below the knee and the "won't bag out" thing is ...not accurate but they look great and are comfortable as hell. 

Guerrilla Group do a couple one ripstop one cotton both DWR coated, i actually have the cotton one for sale :D

On 10/29/2017 at 8:46 PM, fals3 said:

This past summer season Maple offered the lightest weight ventile 5 panel cap I seen so far. Decent for rain.

There are various versions of the loro piana storm system baseball cap (with hidden earflaps). Good for cold.

On 10/29/2017 at 5:46 PM, fals3 said:

I would second the Loro piana storm System. 

I have the Guerilla group hat and wore it in rain and held up well to my surprise.