Just picked up a Mission Workshop Stack schoeller denim jacket. I've had tremendous success with the brand in the past with their top notch bags, but I've never had much luck regarding how their clothes fit me. Compared to clothes from other tech brands, theirs just felt lacking in one way or another, be it fit, patterning, fabrics used, etc.

With all that being said, this jacket is a pleasant surprise. Now keep in mind I haven't worn this jacket but a mere 30 minutes, so these are simply initial impressions. Website says it’s deep navy blue but it’s damn close to black which i definitely appreciate (time will tell how the color develops as it ages). It looks like denim. Feels like denim as well. Maybe not 19 oz raw Japanese denim, but more like a high end designer denim although the fabric feels VERY durable. The 4 way stretch is more subtle than I was expecting considering other 4 way Schoeller fabrics. The best part about it, however, is that it fits much better than any other MW garment I've owned. The articulated and reinforced elbows are cut in an aesthetic way and all the little design details just come together really well.

Things I like - front closure can be buttoned or zipped, cuff detail, highly breathable fabric, feels very well constructed

Things I don't like - hand pockets are shallow, front closure zipper is one way (I think I'm spoiled with all these 2 way zippers on all my other jackets)

Noticed that some of the seam tape on an old Acronym jacket was peeling - what's my best option to fix this myself? Don't see myself sending it all the way to Berlin and waiting a month for what seems to be a rather simple fix - there's just a lot of seam tapes out there and I just wanted one that would match what's already inside the jacket.

3 hours ago, coldknife said:

Noticed that some of the seam tape on an old Acronym jacket was peeling - what's my best option to fix this myself? Don't see myself sending it all the way to Berlin and waiting a month for what seems to be a rather simple fix - there's just a lot of seam tapes out there and I just wanted one that would match what's already inside the jacket.

Think you might be able to consider re-gluing prior to re-taping if they are just peeling up a bit. 

2 hours ago, coldknife said:

What glue would you recommend?

Personally I'd be looking for a recommendation too so hopefully someone else pipes up (sorry for not being much use)...I have a few to do so need to research this. 

I wonder if McNett Seam Grip would be one option:

http://www.gore-tex.co.uk/blog/do-it-yourself-gore-tex-jacket-repairs/

I have to admit that I still haven't seen the original but as a fan of all this techwear stuff for years now I am really hyped to see this version and I already prepared my friends weeks ago to go with me. T-2d for me!

9 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

A little bit off topic

How excited are you all for the new Blade Runner movie this week?

Some reviews are coming out and most of them seem.... very positive!

Extremely. Most anticipated film of the year for me, followed by Star Wars and John Wick.

I've watched the three shorts but have avoided most of the trailers and any other promotional material. I'm intrigued to see just how well it will be done, I wonder if it will be as "ahead of its time" as the previous film. I find the older great cyberpunk / sci-fi films are much more timeless then newer films. If that makes sense? 

To the guy above, watch the first film before you head out to see the new one. I think you'll understand the in film world more after watching the first.

13 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Extremely. Most anticipated film of the year for me, followed by Star Wars and John Wick.

I've watched the three shorts but have avoided most of the trailers and any other promotional material. I'm intrigued to see just how well it will be done, I wonder if it will be as "ahead of its time" as the previous film. I find the older great cyberpunk / sci-fi films are much more timeless then newer films. If that makes sense? 

To the guy above, watch the first film before you head out to see the new one. I think you'll understand the in film world more after watching the first.

See, that's the thing, the original isn't too ahead of it's time. It's a noire film based on the old 40s/50s genre. That's why it's good and feels timeless, because it's taking something dark from the past and adding highlights and accents with forward thinking

@twistedtrees

Nothing exists in a vacuum. If you look at Soviet authors from the 30s like Yavgeny Zamyatin, 1984 seems immediately less original.

doesn't make the book any less formative. 

Blade Runner was familiar in its storytelling, but its aesthetic was revolutionary.

Edited by AnomalousTautology

Anyone know of other brands using Schoeller Dryskin w/ 3xDry? Have P-10 DS and love them. Want some more pants, but dont really like other Acronym designs, P23,25,24 etc.

What are some good alternatives? Looking for a Cargo pant. I have found stuff from Onu.is, Outlier 60/30, and the TAD Vector SC, might get the Vectors and alter the leg opening a lil.

Any recommendations? Anyone else in the Dryskin fanclub :)?

8 minutes ago, edwardk said:

Anyone know of other brands using Schoeller Dryskin w/ 3xDry? Have P-10 DS and love them. Want some more pants, but dont really like other Acronym designs, P23,25,24 etc.

What are some good alternatives? Looking for a Cargo pant. I have found stuff from Onu.is, Outlier 60/30, and the TAD Vector SC, might get the Vectors and alter the leg opening a lil.

you could go checking vollebak and outlier,they use schoeller heavily. some are may not branded dryskin but i could tell they pretty familiar. also you could go check schoeller site they got some partners list page that name name many brands using its materials and license or tech.

15 minutes ago, edwardk said:

Check Enfin Leve https://store.enfinleve.com/collections/all-items/products/sestao-cargo-pants-black 

I have this pants. You can even can ask them to make custom made pants with your own preferences

yes. that's PUPILTRAVEL. I got the chance to get few items from them but I would not recommend it. Not to mention the site sells it twice more expensive than taobao listings.

I have the PTI-2 pants and tere are plenty of things worng with those:

_sizing is really off, size 2 sizes up if you have to buy their gear

_they are movement restrictive (might be an issue caused by smaller sizing, so +2up could help)

_the main fabric is stretchy, but the pockets are made of material I personally would use on bags and the calf area is made of t-shirt weight cotton.

_I find the webbing used more suitable for bags again, it's really rigid and certain loops do not allow the fabric to stretch to it's fullest (calf area).

_the pocket layout is terrible. the lower cargo pockets sit at my knees (again this might be issue caused by smaller size) and it does not help in better movement. the upper pockets have some zipper that half opens it, in the cargo pocket there is another zippered pocket, and because of the first zipper, it's hard to fully open the second zipper and actually use the pocket. In rear there is this huge pocket that can be unzipped to a bag, which is a neat idea, but I would personally prefer to have it in the front so you do not have to unzip it everytime you want to sit in the underground. Second thing I would change about it is that when you separate the zipper, the zipper-puller remains on the pants, not the bag (not a biggie but as a wannabe-designer myself I would do it otherway round so there is less stuff that can hurt you)

I was never able to wear them actually, I just tried them on.

Edited by danii

Would you classify normal Stone Island as techwear?

After owning some pieces, I'm fairly impressed with the designs and fabrics- their sweatshirts are very comfortable. They're cut strange though- I guess it's the European sizing having me going up one or two sizes. 

Edited by limeaide

I dont know, Maharishi feels the same for me like since I know them (thats like 2010?).

Stone Island (except the money graber pieces like striped longsleeve with badge) feels very good, has its own DNA and constantly brings at least something new/different.

Yes maharishi feels the same, but that sounds like you do not pay enough attention to the brand and their releases (one can say that acronym is all the same because it's all black/raf jackets with pockets). Maharishi continues bringing new themes each season and because it's great work it feels same consistent.

A week ago I visited their store, it all felt like a museum of what they done over the years, vintage samourai armor and artworks everywhere, not to mention the staff was really nice and wise about the product. This season camo is inspired by weed smoking vapours, which also resulted in the dragon having eyes half shut. A deal breaker for me, but evidence they really focus on details.

Edited by danii

On 10/8/2017 at 8:01 AM, lesteel said:

I dont know, Maharishi feels the same for me like since I know them (thats like 2010?).

Stone Island (except the money graber pieces like striped longsleeve with badge) feels very good, has its own DNA and constantly brings at least something new/different.

Maharishi has been doing this shit since the mid-1990s.