It still bears his name, so I think he has a say on what goes in the collection, even though he doesn't design it personally. I was a big fan of BBS, but what's going down with 11 is hugely detriemental to the entire BBS brand image. The first collection was quite promising but it went downhill from there - we keep seeing the same parka pattern after XXX seasons, just with ugly ass marihuana drawings this time.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:57 AM, danii said:

@brainerd666 any updates on the LOT2046?

Yeah, I plan to start a proper thread in a few weeks after I receive my next drop to get a better feel. Also- WORK IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS RIGHT NOW ###############%. so yeah. I'll check back in in a few. 

SRULI RECHT DESIGNS GROUNDBREAKING LEATHER AT ECCO

"1) How did the idea for Dyneema® Leather come up?

It all began with a pair of gloves in a skiing store in Steamboat, Colorado early 2014. These gloves didn’t’ fit in this place… they were a-temporal. It’s like they had been designed in an alternate timeline and somehow fell back into our own. I traced the designer, couldn’t help myself. Found him, demanded friendship, and being Canadian, he obliged my advances.

Conroy Nachtigall had been designing with Arc’teryx and Veilance up until then and we began throwing around ideas for advanced material concepts and applications..."

IMG_3561.JPG

Edited by SuE

3) What possibilities does this new material open for designers?

None, cause DSM(dyneema manufacturer) will not respond to their numerous emails, not even calling the dutch facilty will help. We will just promise to get in touch with them and then don't reply, when they mail again we will just tell them we need to go for a fair and we will again contact them afterwards. But we really want to keep it for ourselves.

also wondering what they wanted to prove with the lame cgi video

Edited by danii

Those are some tight-fitting arms in that video. Combined with the helmet he looks like an ant.

I remember seeing the "transparent leather" some time ago which actually looked quite nice, at least some of the jackets did. Was getting a (tiny)bit of SI vibes. Wonder what happened to that.. (not sure if this has been posted before)

apparition-ecco-Leather-design-fashion_d

Oh yes, they made another (lame) video for it:

the process for designing the Advanced Apparel Exploration collection starts with an in-depth study of data Nike has collected from various athletes

Special focus was placed on modern urban environments, from the subway and the street to the office and the club

computational designers to transform these body maps into a data set, which was fed through the company's knitting machines

no wonder these pieces look like they were designed by committee

some of the front pockets look like they took a research on grailed instead of bodymapping.

anyone knows if the brown/melange are the only clrways? (they would seriously miss out if they did not do black)

Edited by danii

45 minutes ago, danii said:

anyone knows if the brown/melange are the only clrways? (they would seriously miss out if they did not do black)

The evil Nikelab AI told them "just do it in brown"...

3 hours ago, danii said:

some of the front pockets look like they took a research on grailed instead of bodymapping.

2 hours ago, Brainboy said:

The evil Nikelab AI told them "just do it in brown"...

apt colour as it all seems a muddied mess.

I find the concept interesting, in the fact that it was based on data collected. Will reserve judgement on the garments until I am able to view them fully, pref in person.

I am waiting on technology that enable a user to scan them selves and have the manufacturer taking the data and producing garments that tailor the bespoke garment, it's only a matter of time, I'm 100% sure it's happening soon.

• leg pinned this topic
On 8/23/2017 at 10:39 AM, mike lowrey said:

Any suggestions on a tech-ish blazer suitable for indoor use (not insulated)? In other words, looking mostly for the specific look rather than technical features, but figured I'd ask here any way.

Something along the lines of Veilance, but their blazers are a bit too flimsy for my taste.

The Alchemy equipment blazer looks nice but I'm not sure if its more for outdoor use

Parker Dusseau, Utility Travel Blazer

Spoiler

Utility Travel Blazer - Navy Blazer- Parker Dusseau : Functional Menswear Essentials for the Always Ready Lifestyle. Based in San Francisco, California

Triple Aught Design, Protocol Jacket

Spoiler

5444c28fe2ab957647669133f5d7a65e.jpg

Outlier, 60/30 Blazer

Spoiler

Outlier - 60/30 Blazer (flat, charcoal)

Onu, Stretch Jacket

Spoiler

Front

Formal Friday, Fogg_265

Spoiler

shop_fogforgrey_500X500.jpg

Edited by naashi
Formatting

On 9/24/2017 at 6:29 AM, mistersparkle said:

That's an Alphacharge bandana from Autumn 2016 (https://outlier.nyc/feature/alphacharge.html). Don't know why Hypebeast is showing old photos instead of new stuff.

Explains why the images look familiar. I just thought it may have been a similarly shot campaign.

I wondered why I couldn't find any more images when googling it

On 9/22/2017 at 0:33 PM, Yoshiii said:

I believe there's a few Alk Phenix fans here too; (Click here, didn't want to post too many images)

japanese-label-alk-phenix-fw17-31A_0N0A7

yeeee got the last black M of that coat from the site I love how it looks in motion from their promo vids.