Just thought I'd share my recent experience with Onu costumer service. I had some troubles with me Ankle pants(I was probably to blame). I sent some pics and within hours I were offered a new pair, free of charge. Great guys making some cool stuff!

Don’t Tell Men, the Bomber Jacket’s Dead

Currently bomber jackets account for 12.8% of women’s outerwear and 17.5% of men’s...

Today, across the retailers we track globally, there are more than 120,000 bomber jackets in stock. That’s more than every kind of belt. More than baseball caps and plaid shirts even.

This is a product that has simultaneously kept its trend status while becoming a core item, seeing straight growth over the past four years...

In luxury and premium, the brands that have performed best are Alpha Industries, Moncler, Saint Laurent, Gucci and Canada Goose...

The bomber jacket hit saturation point in Q3 ’16. Retailers flooded the market with too much newness, and the trend curled up. We’re sorry to break it to you: the high levels of discounting and falling arrivals and sell outs are evidence enough that this trend is dead...

So where’s the newness? These retailers have increased new arrivals on coach jackets (boxier cut with a collar and most often button or popper fastening) by 62% and denim jackets (again in boxy shapes, some with borg lining and collars) are up 88%.

Leading the newness right now however is the ever-so-sporty track jacket, with new arrivals up 110%.

That’s backed up by the runways too, specifically in menswear...

So... is this a trend we care about? (Cayce Pollard is somewhere smirking). What's your go-to type of jacket? Can cloaks make a comeback?

On 8/11/2017 at 8:43 AM, branespload said:

lol damn i rly like these textile nerd mad scientist brands like vollebak and onu. vollebak's marketing vibe is interesting too, makes techwear seem pretty accessible by explaining benefits and not getting too caught up in the technical jargon

The technical jargon is part of the fun!

5 hours ago, SuE said:

Don’t Tell Men, the Bomber Jacket’s Dead

So... is this a trend we care about? (Cayce Pollard is somewhere smirking). What's your go-to type of jacket? Can cloaks make a comeback?

Bomber jackets will never die. The numbers say they peaked, but even in 2012 when I started browsing online fashion forums there were people saying that bomber jackets were "over" even then.

Edit: that is to say that commercially they may not be easy money, but fashion-wise I don't think they'll come close to disappearing.

Edited by parka-boy
clarification

9 hours ago, Marw said:

Just thought I'd share my recent experience with Onu costumer service. I had some troubles with me Ankle pants(I was probably to blame). I sent some pics and within hours I were offered a new pair, free of charge. Great guys making some cool stuff!

btw NYC heads, onu is showing at canal st market. all collections (1, 2, 3) so you can check out their rainbow reflective stuff, fish collagen moisturizing tees, nanoized jade infused cooling paneling. lots of crazy stuff

Ad bombers, I don't care, I'm just glad that thanks to their ubiquity they are no longer associated with skinheads and other Nazi scum.

And I think I'll get one bomber from ACG soon...

Edited by Brainboy

Hey everyone – hoping someone might be able to help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking for pants that I can wear to work (business casual environment) without getting weird looks, but with techy fabric and/or interesting patterns / seams (for example, I love these Devoa pants... I'm familiar with Proof NY / Qor / Outlier, etc, but I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting). I don't mind color as long as it's not garish. 

6 hours ago, branespload said:

btw NYC heads, onu is showing at canal st market. all collections (1, 2, 3) so you can check out their rainbow reflective stuff, fish collagen moisturizing tees, nanoized jade infused cooling paneling. lots of crazy stuff

Came across it randomly on Wednesday. really cool stuff and the guy there gave a ton of details about each piece. I really like collection 3's womenswear

only snapped one pic of the reflective skirt

IMG_0377.JPG.1ee946bb443f3f6f880a8236ff5b1dfd.JPG

Edited by ph1l

8 hours ago, muonic said:

Hey everyone – hoping someone might be able to help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking for pants that I can wear to work (business casual environment) without getting weird looks, but with techy fabric and/or interesting patterns / seams (for example, I love these Devoa pants... I'm familiar with Proof NY / Qor / Outlier, etc, but I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting). I don't mind color as long as it's not garish. 

those devoas remind me of the veilance align pant: https://veilance.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/Align-Pant. the voronois have interesting pattern n fabric also

On 31/07/2017 at 11:06 AM, Dolphinski said:

Underarmour Boxerjocks are the best I've found personally. Great fit, build and material, and they're almost dry as they come out of the washing machine.

On 01/08/2017 at 5:10 PM, drgitlin said:

Best techwear underwear is Ex Officio: http://exofficio.com/underwear/

So I went and bought myself a couple of pairs of Ex Officio Give-N-Go boxers (XO) to compare to my Underarmor Boxerjocks (UA). After a few weeks of wear, here's what i know:

Fit: The fit on the UA is much better than the XO. The XO has a lot of loose material around the crotch and feel quite saggy compared to the much snugger fit of the UAs. Both are similar fitting around the waist and upper thigh. If i had to wear my underwear in public (!), I'd definitely feel more confident in the UAs.

Material: Initially I was really impressed by the feel of the XO material, it's much softer than the very synthetic feeling UA. That said, after a couple of weeks of (obviously not continual!) wear and washing, the material is starting to pill on the XOs. My UAs are at least a year old and not showing any similar sign of wear at all.

Build: Very similar, apart from the XO have a well constructed double gusset which the UAs do not. Both are extremely comfortable to wear.

Conclusion: For me it's a no brainer, the UAs are a much better fit and the material is far better than the XOs.

If anyone has any other suggestions, i'm happy to try them out! I've heard good things about Saxx underwear so i might try them next.

@Dolphinski Meundies. I posted them above. No risk trial. If you don't like the first pair, you keep em. Super comfortable, durable, and long wearing. I've had no issues with mine besides some very light fading after 3 years of wear among my 9-10 pairs. 

I recommend the Calvin Klein Microfiber boxers. They are really comfy, and havent seen a change in quality after wasing for years. Theres obviously the branding, but that seems to be the case with most underwear. I usually pick them up in outlets whenever I'm in the US for roughly 15$ a pair. Besides these - the Uniqlo AIRism are my go-to.

9192205_fpx.tif?wid=800&qlt=90,0&layer=c 

To put in my 2 cents on the underwear game

I've been wearing Saxx for about two years. They have a little pocket for your package, which is actually super comfortable and good at keeping you balls from sticking to your legs.

but really hold their scent...

11 hours ago, Majotaur said:

Is silver nanoparticle technology just a fad then? 

Or only really necessary if you're planning on wearing the same underwear for a week? 

(I know some military services use it for their undergarments) 

Where can I get this?

Merino: Best if its not hot and you're willing to drop the cash (and understand they wear out).  I usually like Wooly and sometimes Icebreaker but they really fuck around with the cut and fabric sometimes.
Blended stuff:  I only know of Wool and Princes nylon / merino blends.  A lot more durable and still pretty odor resistant but sort of thick and heavy imo. I'd rather either wear go all wool or all synthetic honestly.
Ex-Officio:  As far as I know, they are the only ones making nylon underwear.  Its slightly (imperceptibly, I'd argue) hotter than polyester and more expensive, but nylon is also considerably more resistant to funk. As with every brand, they fuck around with the cut and material every season so comfort its sort crapshoot but each iteration is fairly similar.  In general, EO has a nice "pouch" thing going on but this season has an extra layer of material over the fly that is annoying.
Uniqlo Airism: Definitely lighter weight, cheaper, and and the best performing - until the silver treatment wears out and then they smell evil.  You can soak them in diluted white vinegar every once and a while but the stink will come back.  Not putting them in the dryer also seems to help.

...I've thought way too much about this.

Can anyone suggest some (preferably black) cargo pants with an aggressive taper? I love my Stone Island ones but I can't ever find them in stock because they're hyped to hell in the UK.

Any suggestions on a tech-ish blazer suitable for indoor use (not insulated)? In other words, looking mostly for the specific look rather than technical features, but figured I'd ask here any way.

Something along the lines of Veilance, but their blazers are a bit too flimsy for my taste.

The Alchemy equipment blazer looks nice but I'm not sure if its more for outdoor use

On 8/23/2017 at 4:39 PM, mike lowrey said:

Any suggestions on a tech-ish blazer suitable for indoor use (not insulated)? In other words, looking mostly for the specific look rather than technical features, but figured I'd ask here any way.

Something along the lines of Veilance, but their blazers are a bit too flimsy for my taste.

The Alchemy equipment blazer looks nice but I'm not sure if its more for outdoor use

As suggested above Teatora is quite nice but I'd rather go with something from Minotaur, they do some real nice pieces.

On 23 августа 2017 г. at 10:39 PM, mike lowrey said:

CCP*Softs http://softs.cart.fc2.com/ca7/430/p-r-s/

66a43dd19ec36c43791b09a212580b33.jpg

+  Maharishi, Outlier. Most of all luxury brands have tech blazers like Theory, Zegna, Prada, RL, etc

Edited by Nomerok