3 hours ago, WillKhitie said:

UNIQLO Airism. Don't know if they sell it outside of Asia (it's a summer only product here).

As for the LOT talk, I do not have enough 3rd world pennies to subscribe to it, but please let us know how it goes.

It would be 10/10 if even this first encounter is already an example of the brand tailoring itself.

i.e. Somebody with very different demographics, seeing a LOT site that sells brightly colored basics, gardening tools, and a packet of chia seeds.

Now that

IS what I am talking about!

Unfortunately, that is very unlikely

LOT's Instagram is pretty in line with the stylizing we have already seen

A quick Google search leads me to multiple more articles describing LOT as such things as "a Goth Birchbox"

as well as a.. less than active subreddit 

this apparently is the website of the creator: Vadik Marmeladov

Unfortunately, it does seem that everything will only be black

so either this is the actual aesthetic 

OR, this is Wintermute in the flesh

This is a very different KIND of Techwear 

LOT is not about water resistance or articulation, at least I don't think it is, but it is another beast.

In the second article above, the creator says:

“What we see in fashion now is just the same shit they were doing hundreds of years. Fashion thinks if they start to use technology, it won’t be as beautiful or as deep or as luxury. Actually, it will be so much better, so much more luxury, so much more beautiful.”

The very basis of LOT's aesthetic is technological. I think that Marmeladov is moving towards fashion as a literal product of technology: AI designed fashion.

This is only the start

Now I need to make a choice: ACR FW18 or LOT

On 30/07/2017 at 10:27 AM, danii said:

Speaking of underwear, what brand do you wear? l spent some time searching for best pair while ago, so far my most favorite ones are d.hedral seamless series (warning the site features extremely macho imagery). l have enough pairs to wear them between washing and my oldest pair is like 3-4 years old and still 10/10.

Underarmour Boxerjocks are the best I've found personally. Great fit, build and material, and they're almost dry as they come out of the washing machine.

Eying a pair of Flyknit Mercurials on sale- How do you guys like to wear these? I don't really think it's possible to blouse them, but if anyone has any photos or recommendations, I'm all ears.

Edited by limeaide

I've actually decided to "upgrade" my underwear over the last year so I have embarked on a quest to find the best one. Here's my thoughts:

Zimmerli: quite frankly a step above everything, price included. not sure that you can justify paying $80+ for a pair of boxer though, regardless of how awesome they are

Icebreaker merino: as mentioned above, they are awesome. also fairly easy to grab on sale. I hate branding on the elastic band so that annoys me. 

Sunspel: 100% cotton is what feels the most comfortable to me (all down to preference of course). the drawback of 100% cotton is that the trunks tend to stretch a fair bit, creating an unflattering, granpa look due to the band at the bottom not stretching as much and the trunk "bunching". Of course not an issue with their stretch cotton, but offerings are limited

Rapha (essential & merino): really awesome and probably the best designed. on the pricey side and perhaps a little longer than I normally prefer though

Paul Smith: Got some as a gift and wasn't expecting much, but I've come to really appreciate them. 100% cotton with a stretch and very comfy. 

On 05.07.2017 at 7:27 PM, Bigyen said:

Small Questions Thread Edition:

What is this jacket with this small dorsal fin on the hood and what would that be for?

I think the image with the dog shows the rest of the jacket for reference.

I figured ask here because my guess is it's a military design.

If I am wrong let the neg rep fly.

On this pictures Fidel Castro during his visit in Russia in 1963. He wears a jacket of Russian fishermens. He got it when he was fishing on Baikal Lake. And this is a baby bear, not a dog

2329670153.jpg

I took a look online at the Norse Projects Gore  Tex Parka but found it too short, the library images are deceptive as It appears as though it was much longer so sadly I'll not be investing in it, shame as I would love a long white parka, might have to look in the military surplus to see if there is anything there?

Be interested to see one constructed from dyneema also.

Liking the trousers but fabric depending, tend to pill a bit.

I don't know why but I always seem to gravitate toward the design of Y3, not so much on that long space pirate type coat though! -

I guess it's a little more avant garde, slightly less tech, but great prices in the sales ! Y-3 Sport being little more techcentric?

I love my future pants I have from them soooo comfy.

was hoping norse would increase the length of the rokki from previous iterations, i'm with @TEKsevenZERO would've bee nicer to see some length, to down just above the knee. may still cop if the white is still around during the sales, which brings me to a question; how does one keep a white overcoat clean? can imagine the collar and cuffs start to look quite grotty.

for those who are not gore-tex whores there's the rokki 2.0 neoshell going for half retail, in black, navy & aluminium.

On 8/8/2017 at 4:00 AM, meridius said:

Norse Projects have a Gore-Tex Rokkvi coming out, looks pretty good

norse-projects-rokkvi-goretex_u.jpg

Pretty dope they upped the version number to 3.0. I never understood why they went to Polartec Neoshell for the previous version. Neoshell is highly breathable, but when you're making a big down parka, breathability isn't your top priority.

From the images, it looks like they improved a lot of things. The opening for the handwarmer pockets look larger and lower, and the cargo pockets are now slanted. I consider these both improvements because you don't have to contort your arms to get to them. It also seems like the collar is higher--always a plus when the weather's cold. I always like the attention to detail Norse puts into their clothing and it's good to see that they're constantly improving upon the past. Had a Waxed Cotton Nunk for a while and that was well thought out, but just a bit short for my liking.

Rokkvi 2.0

rokkvi_20.jpg.25512501c5f2cda9f74ff7d9644683b0.jpg

Rokkvi 3.0

rokkvi_30.thumb.jpg.00ce4a8f842f23c45e93e3ca980285b2.jpg

Edited by mistersparkle
added images

lol damn i rly like these textile nerd mad scientist brands like vollebak and onu. vollebak's marketing vibe is interesting too, makes techwear seem pretty accessible by explaining benefits and not getting too caught up in the technical jargon

On 2017/8/11 at 11:14 PM, TEKsevenZERO said:

On 2017/8/11 at 11:43 PM, branespload said:

lol damn i rly like these textile nerd mad scientist brands like vollebak and onu. vollebak's marketing vibe is interesting too, makes techwear seem pretty accessible by explaining benefits and not getting too caught up in the technical jargon

Being following Vollebak since the begging,not take action until this solar jacket on sale.

From what I feel this is pretty much the owner of the brand who design the items for themselves at first place, yeah,like E for acr.

Will upload my thoughts while I got things on my hand, also the owner of the brand is super nice, if you got question just mail him.