the problem with isaora is they never really committed to a singular aesthetic. they always flipflopped between wanting to be nike sportswear and wanting to be veilance and in the end they were neither. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent
spelling

I was just thinking the same while looking through their current catalog. They have no real discernible design aesthetic. Casting too wide of a net IMO. 

sucts when raining and you nee your car keys which are on the bottom of main compartment. also you can only stand in the public transport, but if someone asks you to remove your backpack because you are taking too much place you can say it's your jacket. (have y-3 backpacker vest so I have some experience with this concept)

• 2 weeks later...

Small Questions Thread Edition:

What is this jacket with this small dorsal fin on the hood and what would that be for?

I think the image with the dog shows the rest of the jacket for reference.

I figured ask here because my guess is it's a military design.

If I am wrong let the neg rep fly.

tumblr_mmf1f8uvFQ1qz7lxdo1_500.jpg

Fidel+Castro+Visits+USSR,+1963+(25).jpg

23 minutes ago, Bigyen said:

What is this jacket with this small dorsal fin on the hood and what would that be for?

No idea, but just wanted to point out and laugh at the fact that that may be a bear, not a dog.

My initial guess was that the 'fin' is just the end of a storm-flap type thing to better waterproof the full zip going through the hood. Thing is, I can't see any hardware on the flap to snap into the button to our left of the zipper tab.

38 minutes ago, branespload said:

My initial guess was that the 'fin' is just the end of a storm-flap type thing to better waterproof the full zip going through the hood. Thing is, I can't see any hardware on the flap to snap into the button to our left of the zipper tab.

maybe you point into the right direction. Maybe the 'fin' is just placed there to get a grip when you open or close the zipper.

3 hours ago, Bigyen said:

tumblr_mmf1f8uvFQ1qz7lxdo1_500.jpg

Fidel+Castro+Visits+USSR,+1963+(25).jpg

The fin is a button closure. It looks similar to a russian k-19 fleet jacket. 

Also this is Fidel Castro during USSR visit, the pup is bear and the flap (not fin it's a long flap but the photo make it look like one) is a simple shirt button closure, not snap button,

Very very similar to k-19 or one of the modifications.

6 hours ago, mukaiten said:

Does anybody know about an anti-pickpocket solution I could use during my travels? Everything I've seen so far looks kind of tacky/uncomfortable. I'm looking to store my wallet/its contents and a passport.

I wear those in crowded/risky places https://store.enfinleve.com/collections/all-items/products/urturi-technical-poplin-cargo-pants

There is a zipper pocket under the panel/flap, impossible for pickpocketers

7 hours ago, piece keeper said:

SDR has a passport pouch you can wear around your neck under your shirt/jacket/etc.

I recently bought something similar from single man operation Tread Lite Gear from the UK Ebay Passport neck wallet about 24UKP (though it doesn't look like he has made any more of the Cuben hybrid ones). Thread of his over here: Tread Lite Gear thread at trek-lite.com

Edited by deadbilly

15 minutes ago, danii said:

More Junya Watanabe x TNF 2300EUR. I bet there is someone who can appreciate this.  That someone is not me.

WTJ111051_1_TGM-3744.JPG?1500539950

WTJ111051_1_TGM-3749.JPG?1500539954

What is this? It looks like a nigel cabourn photographer jacket had sex with a north face billboard.

I had a buddy in my youth who used to remove/black out the 'RTH' on all of his TNF gear. I think that would be a proper solution in this case as well.