On 3/23/2017 at 6:31 PM, Kasper said:

There's always discussion about cheap cobra belts, just saw these on massdrop so figured it might interest some. at $42, it's a pretty good deal

on an unrelated topic, I want to get a new pair of home chill-out / sweat pants (ie. something that I only wear at home or to walk the dog / go to the corner store). I have a pair of baggy RO pants I got at a sample sale that I love, but apparently I've worn them out and I really need a new pair... ACG tech fleece pants from this season sell for a huge discount on ebay, but I am a bit worried about how comfortable they look more like a normal pant (cut, lack of elastic waistband) than a sweat pant. What's the consensus on those? Are they comfortable enough? Should I just pay more and get last year's? Any other recommendation?

No, they have an elasticated waistband. The cut is very similar to my P17s, they are extremely comfortable (as are the ACG woven pants from this season).

Got my ACG Cargo pants in from either some season in 2015/16, not sure. 

Anyone else have problems with sizing? It seems my body just hits right where I'm uncomfortable in a medium (too tight), but large is a little too baggy for my tastes. Large works for now, but may have to get them tailored or something. 

Nice pants however, decent build quality, seams are covered. Really like them. Pockets are super deep, and are made of a mesh material. 

Edited by limeaide

can't remember if there was chatter on here regarding outerwear constructed using dyneema but stone island have had a go, quite impressed with their results. not sure how dyneema will perform, understand it's no gore membrane but wondering how breathable and water resistant the fabric is? although think stone island are just using it as a face fabric as these jackets are bonded with a 'performance' membrane and a tela liner which what has been dyed. limited release this wednesday.

2.jpg

Went to Descente in London again yesterday, some really impressive stuff in there again. Escape zips everywhere, some really nice kagool/anorak type shells with dual interops style zips with escape zips so you just tug down on them to pop the interops. There was also a fantastic bonded/laser welded short sleeve shirt in an amazing material that was like a really stretchy but shiny windstopper. I don't know if all their materials are propriety, and i don't know how they perform but damn they look great. There was a softshell that looked exactly like a hardshell as well, i was totally confused when i felt it. If you're ever in London, would highly recommend checking out the new collection.

On April 24, 2017 at 4:46 AM, Dolphinski said:

Went to Descente in London again yesterday, some really impressive stuff in there again.

post pics G!  Also, their sizing is a bit on the small side.  Hope that helps someone trying to cop their first piece.

Enfin Leve 2017 Collection

Enfin Leve just released a new collection with some interesting stuff made with stotz etaproof and other technical materials. 

They are also offering custome sizing for the jackets which is useful for someone with my build. I ordered some cargo pants in Schoeller Dryskin and custom measurements. I'll try give you guys some impressions.

56_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493026937

Edited by Goober

Enfin also have a fabrics guide page which rates their various materials on water repellency, thickness, stretch, breathability, and durability. this comes up a lot on the Acronym thread so kind of cool to have a reference for Dryskin vs Stotz vs Schoeller denim and the other various materials they have

Schoeller Dryskin® 

79% PA
14%PA (Micro)
7% Elastane 

Water repellency: 4/5
Thickness: 4/5
Stretch: 5/5
Breathability: 4/5
Durability: 4/5

Stotz Etaproof® 

100% Cotton 

Water repellency: 5/5
Stretch: 0/5
Durability: 5/5

Schoeller Denim 

2% Elastane
31% PA
67% Cotton 

Water repellency: 4/5
Stretch: 4/5
Durability: 5/5

Edited by donburi

Just now, dolvn said:

has anyone had their pants custom made by enfin before? if so, how was the process in having them tailor it to your legs? i'm a short guy (5'5), so 100 cm long pants are wayyyy too long for me. 

It'll be bespoke rather than tailored I imagine so it should be totally fine looks wise and proportional.

1 minute ago, Cairxoxo said:

It'll be bespoke rather than tailored I imagine so it should be totally fine looks wise and proportional.

so if i only gave them a total length, they'd ratio out the rest?

Edited by dolvn

1 hour ago, dolvn said:

has anyone had their pants custom made by enfin before? if so, how was the process in having them tailor it to your legs? i'm a short guy (5'5), so 100 cm long pants are wayyyy too long for me. 

inseam != total length

2 hours ago, dolvn said:

Hey, just email them about what you are looking for and they'll help you out. 

Oh, and my advice would be to give as many measurements as possible, eg crotch, thigh, knee, outseam, inseam, otherwise they will be guessing on the other measurements. 

Edited by Goober