Curious was there a reason why you didn't purchase from Nike directly? Was it cheaper from nigh?

They don't charge tax on international sales. Thus, even with the 1.06:1 €:$ exchange rate. I'm saving ~10–12%. Of course I'm legally obligated by WA to pay use tax on the use of tangible personal property purchased.  ;) 

€585 / 1.2 to extract VAT * 1.06 to convert to USD = ~$516 or $565 paying Seattle/WA local/state use tax

Alternatively, $650 * 1.096 = $712 from Nike.com

Even with the fiction of use tax owed by individual consumers and the same pricing, I'm saving 2–3% than buying from Nike in the US. 

SHOUTOUT GLOBALIZATION.

Edited by CARLOOA

Looking for inexpencive tech basics: t-shirts, longsleaves, sweatshirts. Odor-resistant, quick drying, breathable and looking regular, not like ugly workout clothes.

Any suggestions?

Icebreaker

Also did anyone else get the ACG funnel hoodie? Those snaps on the hood seem a bit unusable. Has anyone found a use for them that doesn't look ridiculous?

Okay. Since Nigh fucked my order up and heavily discounted these acg woven pants (I am going to throw a fit if they don't ship my jacket soon)—they've grown on me. I think they mimic the p15 quite well but they've got some noticeable differences: stretch, more exaggerated knee darting, and a calf expansion panel. It's weird with the expansion panel since they're a bit wider than the p15. Additionally, they appear shorter than the p15 but longer than the p17.

Got my ACG cargo's today, and I have to say just from using them for the past few hours they might be the best pair of pants I own. Granted I don't have P10's to compare, but they fit quite similarly to pictures that I've seen of the P10's. I'd prefer if the pockets didn't have the mesh in it, but its not a big gripe. The freedom of movement is also just amazing, and the quality feels great, no loose threads or imperfections. I'm not sure if these are the best value for your money but the aesthetic and comfort are something nothing I owned beforehand comes close to (pants wise). 

I have a bit of a thing for ponchos right now and might end up buying this.

lrgscalehazard4_poncho_villa_black_1.jpgpixel.png lrgscalehazard4_poncho_villa_black_2.jpgpixel.png lrgscalehazard4_poncho_villa_black_3.jpgpixel.pnghazard4_poncho_villa_black_3.jpg hazard4_poncho_villa_black_2.jpg

Hazard 4's thoroughly modernised version of the classic military poncho has more in common with technical sports jackets than the old vinyl camping stand-by that usually comes to mind. An industry first, it should reintroduce a generation to the functional benefits having no sleeves provides. This unique poncho has a vent for drying and can be easily stuffed into its own front pocket for storage.

• One size fits most
  • Water-repellent and breathable soft shell membrane
  • 100% waterproof fully taped seams throughout
  • Generous size to fit over packs, bags or chest-packs
  • Large Velcro panels on the front, back, shoulders and head-back
  • Large hood with brim section fits over head-wear
  • Hood cords for front and back-of-head adjust
  • Zipper front to chin for full rain coverage of throat
  • Large perimeter grommets for hanging as tent / tarp
  • Side snaps for closing edges in severe weather
  • Fully covers the torso and most of legs
  • Fully covers packs, bags and equipment
  • Allows for rain-free access to pockets and bags
  • Dry equipment or weapon manipulation
  • Easily convertible into a small make-shift tent
  • Two ponchos combine for a larger tent
  • Can be used as a seating or work surface
  • Quick on and off over layered clothing
  • Easily stuffed into its own front pocket
  • Used by U.S.A. Special Forces
  • Material: 86% Polyester, 14% Spandex
  • Weight: 1050g
  • Manufacturer: Hazard 4
  • Manufacturer's number: APR-PNVL-R-BLK
Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Looking for inexpencive tech basics: t-shirts, longsleaves, sweatshirts. Odor-resistant, quick drying, breathable and looking regular, not like ugly workout clothes.

Any suggestions?

Isaora, Woolly

any good shorts to recommend?

usually rock patagonia baggies and some alk phenix joints

Interested in this as well. 

RANDOM CUSTOMS QUESTION:

anyone in eu have experience with buying from canada and not paying customs fees? there should be some agreement but I do not really understand if it's for end customers.

http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/agr-acc/eu-ue/efta-aele.aspx?lang=eng

I had to pay customs fees when i ordered something from Haven. The CETA agreement isn't valid yet & at first only bigger companies will benefit from this but it should also have effects on the end customer after 1-2 years. I hope this answers your question. Edited by DemiGxd

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have experience or thoughts on 0608 Wear? I was specifically looking at their pants. Although, the back and that one front pocket seem a bit off to me. http://m.0608.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=285&cate_no=86&display_group=1

Also, Onu's second collection looks promising https://onu.is/pages/collection-2

While perusing my local Nike store, I found a great sweatshirt / pullover / baselayer / minimart robbery hoodie. 

XIG9bpK.jpg

Here's a stock photo, because all the lighting in my apartment is trash: 

cIoAlbN.jpg

Anyway, the piece consists of a 69/31 (???) Cotton Polyester blend. No pockets, but it's light and insulates well. The zipper on the side seems to be more aesthetic, but I suppose it helps with ease of donning. The hood is cool- it covers up to about your nose, depending on how long your neck is. Perfect base layer for colder days, and you don't have to mess with an additional shemagh or gaiter.  (Plus instant anonymity, a must for any modern world where cameras are everywhere, ala Psycho-Pass 

At 120 dollars it seems to hold good value- it falls just under the ACG price range. Whether it will hold up, is another question. 

A little bummed I can't get ACG stuff locally, as I really like to try before I buy. Guess I need to move to a big city. 

Edited by limeaide

Not sure how recent this is but just noticed that Nike's Canadian site now has Nikelab and the ACG collection. No Alpine Jackets left but looked like plenty of other stuff including the pants. Hope that helps any other Canadians who have trouble tracking the stuff down.

1 hour ago, larssss said:

Not sure how recent this is but just noticed that Nike's Canadian site now has Nikelab and the ACG collection. No Alpine Jackets left but looked like plenty of other stuff including the pants. Hope that helps any other Canadians who have trouble tracking the stuff down.

Thanks, the CAD pricing is actually very good, C$240 for the cargo vs. US$220. 

Been wearing my ACG cargo for a month now and they have become my favorite pair of pants. They are cut so much better than the p10, particularly in the seat area where the p10 have way, way too much fabric and don't provide a very flattering fit. 

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

Been wearing my ACG cargo for a month now and they have become my favorite pair of pants. They are cut so much better than the p10, particularly in the seat area where the p10 have way, way too much fabric and don't provide a very flattering fit. 

That’s good to know. It’s hard to imagine a better cell phone pocket than the one on the ACG’s, but I use up pants too fast to $pend on a pair of P10’s anyway.

And if you don’t like the Navy Blue-instead-of-Black Nike color way, I’ve had good success over dying last winters faded pairs to a true black using Rit Dye.

Nonnative x Isetan Biker Blouson Leather Windstopper 2L

2DyW389l.jpg

Maharishi Leather Panelwork Blanket Coat, Leather Panelwork MA Jacket 

uRiu7cQl.jpg

Civilized Reflective Cleared Jacket in Waterproof Leather

u1NSBBPl.png

Nanamica Leather Cruiser Jacket with Primaloft Lining

7t4mgrDl.jpg

Stone Island Featherweight Leather Down Jacket (Black, White)

rOclq1ll.jpg

Aether Eclipse Jacket 

umQ6qpsl.jpg

Moncler Cahoors ultrathin padded leather jacket, Vaal jacket

m7Vb4xul.jpg

bonus: Maharishi Leather Shinobi Pants, Leather Track Pants; Y-3 Leather Leggings (Womens); Snow Peak Matagi Mouton; Devoa Mouton   

... any other interesting leather garments this season?