Bought the ACG scarf thing and what a total waste of money that turned out to be, might be long enough to wrap round a baby's wrist but for a grown man I found it as much use as tits on a fish. Going to send it right back and spend my money on something useful like a loaf of bread or a nice lampshade.

bought the ACG scarf thing as well, and boy is that thing going back. i also bought the woven and have the same thoughts on them being a bit too in between cropped length on me and not, as well as the drop crotch aspect feeling even more then my acrmn. i'd like to pick up the cargos, but from all the pictures, the models are so fucking bone skinny, and i have cyclist calves. can anyone that has had their pair come in, comment on the fit in the legs?

bought the ACG scarf thing as well, and boy is that thing going back. i also bought the woven and have the same thoughts on them being a bit too in between cropped length on me and not, as well as the drop crotch aspect feeling even more then my acrmn. i'd like to pick up the cargos, but from all the pictures, the models are so fucking bone skinny, and i have cyclist calves. can anyone that has had their pair come in, comment on the fit in the legs?

I picked up a large and I'm a size 34 waist with athletic build. Had plenty of room in the thighs and just enough taper in the calves. Plenty of stretch in the material so it wasn't tight. Glad I picked up both colors

My interested is piqued with the ACG woven by the talk of their extreme drop - is it on a par with the P15/P17 ? or more conservative than that, just looking at the pics online seems to not convey the looseness.

If anyone has a pic of 'real world'  in-wear I'd be grateful, might even put the scaiter money towards those instead, (we bought a loaf this morning !)

i don't own the P17's but on me (6', 175lbs, size medium) the wovens looked like the P17's in the acronym fitpics, only with maybe an inch or two more in the leg.

also, because the leg is aggressively curved, the leg opening isn't level. it cants inwards which i thought looked really, really weird.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

i don't own the P17's but on me (6', 175lbs, size medium) the wovens looked like the P17's in the acronym fitpics, only with maybe an inch or two more in the leg.

also, because the leg is aggressively curved, the leg opening isn't level. it cants inwards which i thought looked really, really weird.

You're selling it to me, soundsl like the leg takes inspiration from the Levi Red Giant jeans that came out in '99 - I still wear a pair of those now and love 'em - drop crotch, aggressively twisted, hemp, green selvedge, (nearly did a sex-wee!)- ahead of their time certainly.

17145427_o2.jpg?20110628170902

I might have to investigate further into the wovens. 

You're selling it to me, soundsl like the leg takes inspiration from the Levi Red Giant jeans that came out in '99 - I still wear a pair of those now and love 'em - drop crotch, aggressively twisted, hemp, green selvedge, (nearly did a sex-wee!)- ahead of their time certainly.

17145427_o2.jpg?20110628170902

I might have to investigate further into the wovens. 

I remember those! Interest also peaked by the woven discussion for the same reasons but concerned on the execution. I can picture them bulging oddly rather than draping...

My interested is piqued with the ACG woven by the talk of their extreme drop - is it on a par with the P15/P17 ? or more conservative than that, just looking at the pics online seems to not convey the looseness.

If anyone has a pic of 'real world'  in-wear I'd be grateful, might even put the scaiter money towards those instead, (we bought a loaf this morning !)

The drop crotch is almost the same as the P15/17, IMO.

Has anyone handled the alpine jacket, or any review / fit pics ?

Checked out the alpine jacket today, pretty impressed with it. Havent gotten to  spend time with other acr/acg pieces to compare it to anything, but you could definitely feel the articulation for everything. It had a ton of pockets, but the triangular flap thing on the chest housed 3 pockets (1 inside, 2 outside), so im not sure how functional it would end up being if you tried to stuff it full of shit. The green/cargo khaki looks slightly different from the color used for the cargos and stuff too, if you're worried about being matchy matchy.

Another question, for cleaning moleskin pants, the care instructions say to wash cold and air dry in the shade, but would it really hurt them to throw them in the dryer on low for a bit?

Edited by shifty

Has anyone handled the alpine jacket, or any review / fit pics ?

Personally i didn't like it and ended up sending it back along with the techfleece hoodie.

I wasn't a fan of the zippers, the bottom half of the jacket was just too puffy and didn't fit as well as the top part, and the hood construction was really annoying. The TF hoodie just felt cheap and the hood just looked ridiculous on me. This is all totally personal preference ofc, i'm sure some people will love them.

update on the cargo's: washed the black ones. No shrinkage or fading, but they're still shiny. kinda bummed with that.

also, wore them in daylight for the first time and just noticed the new ones still aren't black but super super dark blue. the fuck, nike?

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I went by snowpeak store today and was really impressed with this new stretch fabric called 4WAY theyre using on this stuff

SW-16AW003_beige_1024x1024.jpg?v=1476398

This is modeled on womens, though their entire range is listed as unisex. If I could find a XL in this in black it would be an autokop. 

I really liked this insulated long shirt thing, also listed as womens. Tried on the 4, and it was too short in the arms. Cool silhouettes, in some pretty interesting materials. 

sp-16aw0010_2.jpg

Checked the ACG bomber jacket, it's so puffy and way too noisy when you move. The insulation works great but the outer material is simply not to my liking.

Tried the acg tech fleece sweater... nothing exciting here and the material doesn't seem to be worth the price.

Tried the woven pants in black and khaki. Loved how they looked on models but once I put them on: they are so much more drop crotch and way too loose on the waistband. I'm 187cm tall, L seems appropriate and seeing how short they are at L I hardly think I should try out M. It's my personal taste but I feel that the fabric is too shiny for the black color... you would need to rock them down a bit until they get some character.

The cargos however. I'm in love. The black ones didn'texcite me much but the khaki (which btw is on the greener, less yellowish side) are beautiful and have the right amount of militia vibe to them. I've got cyclist thighs and always have trouble finding pants that don't make me look like I got sausages for legs. These however fit me perfectly. Even the waistband fits perfectly without the need to tighten it up. My new favs for sure.
@Inkinsurgent: Thanks for the info! I was worried they would shrink. The shinyness is also a bit of my concern but it's not as eminent on the khaki colored ones.

Here are pics of the cargos:
xwn3g7cg.jpg

ty9duegq.jpg
rd3pcvzs.jpg

Edited by gantz

I wanted those cargos and ordered them from Soto but they got some system problems and got 15% discount code instead

Seeing they are "that" green I am not even mad, I prefer the yellowish acrnm colourway. But they fit you good gantz, thanks for the photos

update on the cargo's: washed the black ones. No shrinkage or fading, but they're still shiny. kinda bummed with that.

also, wore them in daylight for the first time and just noticed the new ones still aren't black but super super dark blue. the fuck, nike?

Yeah, just wanted the item—and now I don't have it. They can't cover my sadness. :(

Similar thing happened to me on Nike with the transform jacket. Bought it right when it came out, but 2 weeks later they said they did nothing with my order nor my money. Got a refund, but was severely disappointed

Edited by ZBasu

they messed up my order, shipped out the scaiter on its own.. had two cargos and a hoodie in another package. ups randomly decided to "ship it back to sender" and now they won't resend the package because its against their policy smh. it's sold out so they can't send me anything.

Similar thing happened to me on Nike with the transform jacket. Bought it right when it came out, but 2 weeks later they said they did nothing with my order nor my money. Got a refund, but was severely disappointed

I'm currently dealing with Nigh—the customer service person is pleasant enough (s/o to them for responsiveness). I'm documenting here for posterity and transparency.

They stated that they would ship my jacket upon me shipping the nonconforming goods. I'm annoyed because of my sunk cost, I stayed up to purchase from Nigh and I paid for expedited shipping like a spoiled millenial. They've offered me:

1. Keep the pants, pay a discounted amount, they ship the jacket. (unknown shipping speed)
  2. Ship the pants back, they ship the jacket. (unknown shipping speed)

I think with them, there are other implied alternatives:

1. Keep the pants, refund the price difference.
  2. Ship the pants, they refund everything.

I'm asking for the cost of shipping the pants (~$65), cost of expedited shipping for the failed shipment ($64), cost of time returning the pants ($68 @ (1-1.5 hrs @ $45 /hr). Basically, I'm requesting the fuck-up remuneration equal to placing me in the same position as if I had purchased the jacket and it being delivered. In terms of cost-benefit, the cost of me shipping the pants to get them back to them is equal to the actual value of the woven pants.

I don't think I'm being that unreasonable. I just want my damn jacket!  :(  :unsure:  :mellow:

Edited by CARLOOA