What does everyone think of the ACG stuff?

Went in store earlier to see it and was slightly underwhelmed.

I liked the Alpine jacket but I'm not sure about spending £500 on it. The bomber doesn't arrive till tomorrow so I'll have to pop back for that.

The cargo's are nice, the shape seems really good but the black ones aren't black, more like a very dark blue. I don't know why Nike's trousers never actually come out black black

How does the green look? Specifically on the blazer.

ACG is up at End

Edti: Mr Porter has some stuff too

Its up at Hanon

And SNS too

As a US customer, buying from Hanon is considerably cheaper than buying from Nike as long as the shipment us under $800.

Just copped two colors of cargos and a funnel hoodie for $600 shipping included.

Edited by Voyager

IMO, that blazer with liner is the most acrnm piece in the lineup this year. Really reminiscent of a stripped down GT-J29 (removable hood, asymmetrical zip closure, collar line and up/down styling...). And the liner shares the same concealed zipper as the J58-WS. 

Lots of other pieces have visible arcnm lineage, but this one really looks like a version of an existing piece. 

Definitely the jackets as my buddy purchased a few under $200 iirc. The all the pants minus the cargos. The shirts for sure. I think just checking eBay the prices are way below retail. I'm wearing the acg pants from last season which still had the outlet sticker on it haha.

what's the consensus on sizing, simliar to ACR (ie. you choose based on length, not waist size?). Judging by the pictures, the pants seem very short. I know models tend to be really tall, but the Nike sizing guide is useless so really hard to judge.

I have been looking for slim-fit cargo for a bit and the ACG khaki cargo are pretty much what I'm looking for, except for the lack of belt loop (could do without the branding on the pocket too, but not a deal breaker). I'm sort of a 32ish waist so while I can fit into Acronym Medium pants, the length is a bit short (I'm 6') so I go with Large instead and use a belt. Anyway, given the lack of belt loop on these, trying to figure out whether I should bother getting a pair tomorrow and if so, what size so any advice appreciated

Hey Kasper — Last season I bought the Cargos in M and L. They run on the larger/roomer side, though it seems like the cut has changed for this season's cargos, so the jury is out.

You definitely want to go with a size M. Far as length goes, I'm 5'11" and find that the cargo inseam is perfect.

The ACG cargos are amazing and I actually prefer them to my Acronyms. Wore them so much over the past year they have a gained a patina. They could ask for $300 and I wouldn't even be mad.

Hey Kasper — Last season I bought the Cargos in M and L. They run on the larger/roomer side, though it seems like the cut has changed for this season's cargos, so the jury is out.

You definitely want to go with a size M. Far as length goes, I'm 5'11" and find that the cargo inseam is perfect.

The ACG cargos are amazing and I actually prefer them to my Acronyms. Wore them so much over the past year they have a gained a patina. They could ask for $300 and I wouldn't even be mad.

Thanks, I ordered Medium so really happy to hear!!! Can't wait to get them

I always love my ACG sweatshirts, they feel lovely and are great value after I pick them up in the sales ! 

I feel they are not worth the full retail then I feel the same way over most of the brands we discuss here.

It's whether you feel that it is worth it, the whole disposable income factor comes into play.

I only buy what I love nowadays having squandered far too much in a previous lifetime!

Those last two sentences hit it on the head.

I'm relatively "young" and still career searching etc, so I don't have the most disposable income. So, like you said, I try to only buy things I love, I liked the Nike jacket but I didn't love putting it on.

On a side note, for anyone in London that has yet to pick any ACG up or wants to pick up more, as I'm potentially not buying anything I may be able to help you. I have a Nike friends and family voucher for 30% off and may be able to pick something up for you. If the stock is still available for next Thursday - Sunday.

Very green. If I recall correctly, the blazer is greener than the Alpine jacket. I'm pretty sure it was this way, didn't spend ages looking at the green alpine.

The blazer looked just like the pictures on the Nike website

^^^^^

Thnx. Grabbed one of each color. We'll see which works. Maybe both!!   :biggrin:

To my eyes the cargos look the exact same. The stylist just twisted the legs in the pix to make for a straighter leg & maybe show the zips. Mine will do that sometimes after action stuff. Ordered another pair.

Also there's a Chicago NikeLab store opening tmrw, exact location still ???? Rumors say within the Mich. Ave Niketown.

love how they put arc'teryx boots on their model.

the bomber is very good looking but the rest is pretty boring

edit: the not-so-succesful attempts of brands like peak performance, adidas, aether, isaora etc. to achieve a distinctive 'luxury tech' aesthetic really drives home how finely honed the aesthetic of veilance and acr is.

Following those brands closely it's easy to look at them in a vaccuum and forget how incredibly hard it is to reach the level of refinement they display with every season while literally everyone else plays catch-up. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

edit: the not-so-succesful attempts of brands like peak performance, adidas, aether, isaora etc. to achieve a distinctive 'luxury tech' aesthetic really drives home how finely honed the aesthetic of veilance and acr is.

to be honest, I'm not that impressed with veilance's aesthetic. the products themselves are fine, but as a brand, they haven't done anything special. product photography is only okay; the website is mediocre; products are presented in the style of a 3rd party retailer. if veilance developed a stronger aesthetic vision in line with its core product (normcore but slightly edgy / slightly futuristic) they would command an even more devoted following.

compare veilance to the new ACG. the last major fall/winter releases, the flagship products sold like mad because of the extremely good brand concept and marketing that went along with.

I'd like veilance to adopt a high level perspective on the world—along the lines of ACG and acronym but not as heavy-handed as either—and cascade that perspective through all of its communication materials

Edited by donburi

also: as an art director i very much enjoy veilance's  systematic approach to product photography. again, i totally get why it can be considered bland by some, but there's a pared down, clinical approach to their photography that i think fits the product perfectly, and i love how brutally consistent it is.

i do think that the nature of the brand affords them a little more than what they're currently doing graphic design wise (and digital product wise), but then again every graphic designer would say that about someone else's brand.  i expect that the design brief requires that veilance not move too far away from the main arc'teryx identity, lest it stops reinforcing the whole. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

great thoughts ink. i think your breakdown of the distinction between the personality-driven and quiet design languages nails it. with regards to product photography I agree that their clinical approach does a great job. I just wish they'd make their website images bigger so I could relish in the details haha

after I made that post yesterday I actually decided to take a trip to the veilance concept store in NY which I had yet to visit. aside from the clothing the only graphic elements were type on the wall and the layout of the store itself. the type was (expectedly) nothing special but i did think the layout of the store contributed subtly to the covert / subverse / concealed vibe. after reading your post perhaps I've gained a new appreciation for the prosaic 

✅

also, got the acg cargo's and wovens in today.

wovens are going back - they're cavernous, ultra-drop crotch and almost a cropped length. very acrnm, but a bit too extreme for me.

cargo's are patterned identically to the previous season ones, with some detail changes. they have almost an inch more in the rise, the inside of the hand pockets is partially mesh, and the rear zippers have zipper garages to hide the sharp edges on the zipper pull.

Material is stretchy, has decent dwr, and is noticably stiffer and shinier than the old ones. i want to say the old ones feel a little roomier but that may just be the handfeel of the fabric. i'm hoping the shine and stiffness will wear off after a wash.

quick impressions.

big fan of the new acg cargos. got the green pair with a coupon and i might go back for more.hope they dont fade as quickly as the older cargos. right pocket also has an extra "deep" pocket.

the gaiter seems to be kinda small. going by the instructions there doesnt seem to be enough length to do what they suggest. maybe ill play around with it more later.

the hat was an impulse buy cause i had the coupon to use it on. fit is surprisingly decent. might just return and wait for it to go on clearance since it seems to be sitting.

Edited by Kamikaze

also, got the acg cargo's and wovens in today.

wovens are going back - they're cavernous, ultra-drop crotch and almost a cropped length. very acrnm, but a bit too extreme for me.

cargo's are patterned identically to the previous season ones, with some detail changes. they have almost an inch more in the rise, the inside of the hand pockets is partially mesh, and the rear zippers have zipper garages to hide the sharp edges on the zipper pull.

Material is stretchy, has decent dwr, and is noticably stiffer and shinier than the old ones. i want to say the old ones feel a little roomier but that may just be the handfeel of the fabric. i'm hoping the shine and stiffness will wear off after a wash.

I had the same impressions of the cargos - wore the hell out of my ACG cargos from last season. Loved them so much that I wound up neglecting my P10A-CH. The perfect all-around cargos that were actually useful on job site.

Overall very happy with them. They are tight out of the bag but stretch out immediately. Rise seems a bit higher than before but cut seems otherwise 1:1 with last year's model. A bit surprised by how shiny and stiff the fabric is. Some of this must be due to the DWR coating. Thinking a couple trips through the wash will make them come to life.

Feeling bummed about the mech upper and rear pocket linings. They might breathe better but my experience is that keys will snag this material and eventually cause rips and tears. It also just feels less premium. The all-cotton pockets of the last year's model put up with tons of abuse without fail.

Bought in black and khaki. Glad I went for both. The khaki color is very acrnym.

I passed on the woven pants. Will have to pick up on discount if/when they hit the outlets.

EDIT - Forgot to add: It's pretty lame they shortened the drawstrings. On the old model you could hang out the drawstrings for the 'tech-casual' look, but now they're just too short and look dorky hanging out.

Edited by Grondie

yeah and i kinda miss the dayglo orange drawstring ends. i thought they were a nice offset detail. 

the green is nice but very conservative. a relatively bright park ranger green. would've preferred a more olive/khaki hue. kind of a missed chance imho.