Guys, I'm looking for a soultion for wet feet this winter. Got all geared up with waterproof stuff, but the shoes are the weak spot. I'm thinking of three options:

- getting waterproof shoes (only ugly ones unfortunately, all black utility prestos were kinda ok, but still that's not it)

- tried liquiproof on my qasas - didn't work at all 

- waterproof socks? does anybody have any experience with those? 

My Acrnm prestos are fine getting soaked if I've got my Sealskinz on. No wet feet.

thanks for the reply and input. thats my main gripe with the veilance field as well, fit seems boxy from pics ive seen. unfortunately i dont have the oppportunity to try them on, as im not sure how it would sit on my frame. im fairly skinny with narrow shoulders. maybe it will fall better compared to a wider/stockier body that would fill it?

might've jumped instantly on the j56 had it had a zip closure. i know its been discussed and not that big a deal for what is still a sick jacket, but the thought of it just doesnt sit well with me.

the j47a-gt on the other hand though..... where2kop

I seem to be one of the few down with the snap closure on the J56. I think it just gives a few more options for wearing to various degrees of undone-ness. The J47A was another one I didn't get on with - the main front pocket just crumples up too weird for me and I find it otherwise unremarkable. I think you might want to avoid the field jacket as it's kinda blocky the most in the shoulders. To my eye it's a bit of a strange silhouette.

^ thanks for the detailed input.i think i will pass on the field then. doesnt sound like i will be happy with it, despite the price.

at the moment, not that i can find the j56 in small anyway haha

random thought, but how about the j1a-gt. i know its the core acronym jacket etc etc, but how is it as a go-to jacket used in rotation with my j53ts.

i guess coming from you, you dont like the main front pocket too? it actually took me a while to get on with it, and funnily enough, other fit pics online made a better case for it than the acrnm.com stock pics.

edit: just saw the new j1a video haha

Edited by nictan

^ thanks for the detailed input.i think i will pass on the field then. doesnt sound like i will be happy with it, despite the price.

at the moment, not that i can find the j56 in small anyway haha

random thought, but how about the j1a-gt. i know its the core acronym jacket etc etc, but how is it as a go-to jacket used in rotation with my j53ts.

i guess coming from you, you dont like the main front pocket too? it actually took me a while to get on with it, and funnily enough, other fit pics online made a better case for it than the acrnm.com stock pics.

edit: just saw the new j1a video haha

Ha - i love that one actually. The issue with the J47A pocket I have is not the fact it exists but rather that it sort of crumples up and sits weird (at least on mine) which I'm not keen on so I didn't think it was particularly well executed. No gripes with the J1A-GT and the new vid makes me want to wear it a lot more!  :D . If you've got that and a J53 that's quite a nice bit of variation! I wouldn't say go after a J56 too much. I quite like it but I wouldn't say to anyone that it blew me away - these things are expensive so it should probably bowl you over for the kind of price they're at.

Nictan, I wrote something on the field jacket on the veilance thread:

Field Jacket: the veilance mainstay, it's essentially an evolved M65—same concealed hood style, pleated shoulders, and outer pocket layout. It adds side entry pockets to the front two and does away with the epaulets and deployable angled cuffs. It also features a unique cuff tightening system with pull tabs on the webbing. Office wearable, nondescript and provides a great amount of motion too. Brilliant face fabric, it's a heavy gauge thread that has the feel of an 1st Generation ECWCS jacket, really tough feeling. My field jacket from 6 years ago feels less refined fit-wise and fabric-wise.

My thoughts haven't changed. Disagree largely with remarkablearmor—I think the Veilance Field Jacket has really great lines. I think if you care about design evolution or are partial to heritage pieces the field jacket is a really great intrinsic piece: it's low key and I think it's the platonic ideal of a new field jacket. It's parodoxically maximalist and minimalist at the same time: heavy functional pocketing, waist shock cord adjustment, webbing, concealable drop hood while maintaining heavy sleekness. I'm all about veilance weekdays acronym weekends.

I hear you! I used to be the same but then I swapped the weekdays for a J27. Again, can't flaw the veilance quality and with certain body shapes it might work better than others. For me I felt a bit like an upside-down triangle in the one I got. This is a few iterations ago though but the fit pics don't look too different to me so i doubt I could pull off the newer ones either. I will dig it out the vault and take another look. I do remember that I enjoyed the internal comfort and expensive feel of it.

Nictan, I wrote something on the field jacket on the veilance thread:

Field Jacket: the veilance mainstay, it's essentially an evolved M65—same concealed hood style, pleated shoulders, and outer pocket layout. It adds side entry pockets to the front two and does away with the epaulets and deployable angled cuffs. It also features a unique cuff tightening system with pull tabs on the webbing. Office wearable, nondescript and provides a great amount of motion too. Brilliant face fabric, it's a heavy gauge thread that has the feel of an 1st Generation ECWCS jacket, really tough feeling. My field jacket from 6 years ago feels less refined fit-wise and fabric-wise.

My thoughts haven't changed. Disagree largely with remarkablearmor—I think the Veilance Field Jacket has really great lines. I think if you care about design evolution or are partial to heritage pieces the field jacket is a really great intrinsic piece: it's low key and I think it's the platonic ideal of a new field jacket. It's parodoxically maximalist and minimalist at the same time: heavy functional pocketing, waist shock cord adjustment, webbing, concealable drop hood while maintaining heavy sleekness. I'm all about veilance weekdays acronym weekends.

i actually really like the veilance field, which is why i was asking about it in my very first post. i also have one other veilance (apsis windshell) from a few seasons back and of course, quality-wise its right there at the top.

but i have seen and been told a few times that it fits boxy, and it really puts me on the fence, since I'm skinny with narrow shoulders. i haven't managed to find fit pics online of someone skinny in the veilance field, but the ones i have seen of guy with similar builds in the j1a-gt, they look very much how i would like it to fit.

I hear you! I used to be the same but then I swapped the weekdays for a J27. Again, can't flaw the veilance quality and with certain body shapes it might work better than others. For me I felt a bit like an upside-down triangle in the one I got. This is a few iterations ago though but the fit pics don't look too different to me so i doubt I could pull off the newer ones either. I will dig it out the vault and take another look. I do remember that I enjoyed the internal comfort and expensive feel of it.

perhaps sometime in the near future, i will give the veilance a second look, especially if i get to try it on one of my travels.

ps: actually already paid for the j1a-gt few hours ago  :ph34r:

I tried on the Mizusawa Down Jacket and one of their hardshells and had to size up to an XL. I'm usually an L. I'm 6'3 and 185 lbs. So my feeling would be to size up. Allthough mrporter.com says it fits TTS, I felt more comfortable when sizing one up. Felt less restricted when moving my arms. Depends on how you would like it to fit, I guess.

TTS get right on my t(i)ts, why can't brands simply tell you in inches or CM what the sizing is then we can actually 'know' what we are letting our selves in for, or not.

I wear from an 'L' up to an XXXL, and never have a clue what that effing three letter acronym actually means.

- sorry, rant over, I'll crawl back into my cave now....

The way they've done the Stussy logo bothers me for some reason.

I think it may of looked much better if they just printed the Stussy logo (the same way the did the goretex logo) rather than adding a badge, looks kinda tacky

Aside from the obvious what is it?

GOREHOUND

Bringing two longtime obsessions together, I wrote a brief cultural history of GORE-TEX for issue #8 of the Stüssy Biannual which is out right now. That membrane is something I’m insane about and I’ve been impressed by Stüssy’s output of late. Lots of other folks I know and respect contributed to this volume, and it seems to be doing a good job of adding some extra substance to the many strains of subculture that the brand is built on. The impending Stüssy Japan GORE-TEX pieces for this winter are some of the best yet too — a couple of logos I would have sold a lung for when I was growing up.

lBt66P5.jpg

LoYyZEn.jpg

fML5Gl4.jpg

co0pqCz.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76eBI2cQt20

someone should get that magazine Edited by SuE

quick observations:

colorways are great, cargo khaki is right at home in the acg lineup

looks like they changed the pattern on the cargo's, they look noticably slimmer, side pockets seem smaller and the zipper is in a different spot. i love the original fit so i hope this is not the case

no more wool, all cotton 

drawstring pants look great and a natural form in between nike and acrnm

jaA65GJ.jpg

Wanted the Nike jacket to be more this colour.

I'm hoping Nike have severely messed up their colour correction

Also, not sure if I like the longer cut at the back.

Edited by Yoshiii

Nike color correction always sux. I immediately thought 'more green' when I saw that photo.

And the cargo pants are looking awfully blue again.

I think the color is the same color as the cargo khaki on the most recent lupineks. Who knows though—really digging those flyknit tallacs though.