where to buy MOLLE pouches besides bagjack? they seem to only have 3-5 basic ones for MOLLE on the online store. looking to get a variety and switch them up depending on what i need to bring out.

I got some very nice Fidlock pouches from these guys. Great customer service too. If you ask them, they'll put Molle on any of their bags/pouches. https://www.ynotmade.com/en/shop/fieldpouch/?sku=5049

Also, Heimplanet monolith pouches are nice: http://www.heimplanet.com/shop/detachable-pouch-medium/?attribute_color=black

And then there's the multitude of tactical pouches from any military supplier.

I have the same type of jacket with a similar hexagonal, but less severe, camo. It's a good jacket. I've begun to start wearing it again.

It has a hydrophobic finish but that version doesn't have taped seams. The one's with the chest pockets have an added waterproof liner.

I got some very nice Fidlock pouches from these guys. Great customer service too. If you ask them, they'll put Molle on any of their bags/pouches. https://www.ynotmade.com/en/shop/fieldpouch/?sku=5049

Also, Heimplanet monolith pouches are nice: http://www.heimplanet.com/shop/detachable-pouch-medium/?attribute_color=black

And then there's the multitude of tactical pouches from any military supplier.

monolith seems too clean for me, but the ynot looks good. thanks.

l haven't tried these pouches personally but from experience with the material l kinda feel like the fidlock is going to be quite heavy for the pouch and the loose corners of the flap makes it look like military shovel pouch. (just my 5c)

Edited by danii

l haven't tried these pouches personally but from experience with the material l kinda feel like the fidlock is going to be quite heavy for the pouch and the loose corners of the flap makes it look like military shovel pouch. (just my 5c)

yea i get what you mean. so far seems like the bagjack ones seem to fit the bill best. heading to berlin end of this year, gonna check it out in person.

Does anyone have experience with the brand John Elliot? I'm always on the hunt for better basics and these guys caught my attention. They have fifty-fifty supima cotton/modal shirts that look pretty nice as far as casual techwear goes (is a modal blend considered techwear? not sure...).

CURVE_U_NECK_FLAT_PLASTER.jpg?v=14725138

Edited by naashi

advice: nike sfb (8 not 6) - old or new versions?

Original Soles. More flexible and comfy. 

I never tried the new version, but the deeper lugs would probably help in wet grass/mud; old school sux in those conditions, but then it was a boot for Middle East operators.

There’s a few tactical sites that sell SFB’s, they might not ship outside the USA.

I never tried the new version, but the deeper lugs would probably help in wet grass/mud; old school sux in those conditions, but then it was a boot for Middle East operators.

There’s a few tactical sites that sell SFB’s, they might not ship outside the USA.

while on the subject of tech boots, these are an amazing alternative to sfb (and now the most comfortable shoe i own):

http://www.hokaoneone.com/best-sellers/tor-ultra-hi-wp/1008334.html?dwvar_1008334_color=BFLM#start=1&cgid=men-hiking

i had a pair of sfb's while i was in the military (still love them tho), and these put them to shame (although price point is unfortunately higher, but worth it imo).

Edited by v1984

thanks. looks like i might have to find a way to try them on to be sure. personally prefer the way the laces are looped in the new ones.

Hey guys, long-time lurker here. Like many of you I am super particular about t-shirts, particularly when it comes to hand-feel, and wanted to see what brands people are grabbing base layers from. I was getting mine from Nemen, but they've started using more branding, which is a deal-breaker. Ideally I would like something that is 100% mercerized cotton, like the Acronym s10-c. I just took a gamble on a John Elliot washed tee that looks like it might be alright, but I'm not a huge fan of the spilt hem - I can post some thoughts on it when it comes in. Any thoughts or recs would be apprciated.

Hey guys, long-time lurker here. Like many of you I am super particular about t-shirts, particularly when it comes to hand-feel, and wanted to see what brands people are grabbing base layers from. I was getting mine from Nemen, but they've started using more branding, which is a deal-breaker. Ideally I would like something that is 100% mercerized cotton, like the Acronym s10-c. I just took a gamble on a John Elliot washed tee that looks like it might be alright, but I'm not a huge fan of the spilt hem - I can post some thoughts on it when it comes in. Any thoughts or recs would be apprciated.

I've switched to only merino tees, due to being able to wear them multiple times with no smell. My favorite are Outlier's runweights, followed by ultrafines.

Edited by capnpyro