i dont know, defining techwear is hard but i think if one agrees it has to live in some intersection of material innovation, modernist aesthetic and functionality, w+h and to a lesser extent reigning champ are definitely on the map.

for the love of god don't go climbing in your $400+ pants. buy climbing pants. 

I got smashed and wiped out climbing around in Stone Island cargos. Blood all over the knee.

It's not fucking tech if you're afraid of doing anything technical in them.

Maybe less drunk, though.

also in case anyone missed it wings and horns AW16 is on fucking fire

Heavily channeling Nom De Guerre there, not that doing that is a bad thing.

Also Coldback in all black? You're still going to sweat:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-apparel/coldblack-does-it-work

Amazon has a cobra belt for ~$60 and a quick google search will reveal quite a few options in the ~$60-75 range. I have not handled personally, but I assume you get what you pay for. There was some discussion a little while back about cheaper cobra betls and the consensus seemed to be that while they more of less all use the same buckle, there are huge differences in the webbing and built quality. 

closest you can get to the 1K experience is the 5.11 maverick belt. they started the two cobra sizes for easier looping which 1K is using. the tactical brands belts usually don't come with the long tail and there is no quick release tab.

@rx3000 on instagram is selling coloured cobra buckle belts for 65€ for techwear ppl

if l wanted to buy cobra l would go bagjack nxl or the 1K

Edited by danii

I know these are pretty hiking focused, but tried them on today with my usual clothes and they look pretty great. Would be good for outdoor activity and general bad-weather city wear. Removable and colour option liners are pretty great.

http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?gender=mens&model=Bora2-Mid-GTX-Hiking-Boot&language=EN

Bora2-Mid-GTX-Hiking-Boot-Black-Cajun.pn

Thanks for the replies guys. Have personally handled the Alyx in person, isn't worth the $250.

Is the one 1000 deaths is selling any different from the $50 ones though?

In my opinion....For the money and style I'd go with the belt from 1000Deaths. I'm waiting on a black one now, will post up more when it arrives.

You should check out the IA Combat-belts: http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/Lightweight-Combat-Belt-cobra-buckle.html
Quality is great. Aesthetically not as clean as the Alyx, but with the GBP being low its a steal compared. I bought two belts last week, and found the code "SPECIAL30" and got 30% discount - might still work  :ph34r:

Edited by Acetate

If you want to go the .mil route, check out FirstSpear - tech-wise they're leading the pack along with Crye Precision. That said, a cobra belt is a cobra belt unless you want to add hip padding.

Another upside is that they do an all black version, including the release clasps:

AGB_Black_0120.jpg

Bayonet makes fully custom belts to order (choose webbing length and type, buckle size, colors, etc.).  Bought mine a few years ago and it was about $40USD for it, and back then they didn't have US shipping as an option at checkout but if you email the shop they're quite responsive and happy to ship to US.  Very happy with it, but the default size for Cobra buckles (independent of brand like Bagjack, etc.) are actually too large to fit through most pants' belt loops, so you have to undo the webbing from the buckle in order to use them (though with bayonet you can probably request the smaller buckle).  I found this to be too much of a hassle, so I stopped using it.  1000deaths/1KCorp's buckle is smaller than the standard size so these generally do fit through most pants' belt loops, so that's my daily belt now.

Nemen AW16 has some fun pieces.

"Patented fabric inspired by the chemical protection suit of US Corps. Ultralight nylon fabric bonded with a special MTP thermal insulating foam and a polyester backer to protect the lamination. The fabric is rigid before the treatment, then during the dyeing process the different fabrics de-bond creating a soft and lightweight hand feel with a unique effect."

Can anyone link an article or give their opinion on how the ACG 2 in 1 holds up in cold weather?
I know it's a bit subjective but I'd really rather not have to buy a winter coat now that I have my hands on one of these.