anyone had experience with Baicyclon messenger bags?

recently grabbed an ACR Interops jacket so looking for a cheaper alternative to a 3a messenger bag with a quick release feature to fully take advantage of the interops system. Any other quick release systems out there other than Baicyclon/Bagjack?

As the other dude pointed out lots have quick release systems. If you want cheap and UK then you could even consider Grim (http://www.grimbags.co.uk/shop/4567712125) - yeah, as in Grim Oop North har har - it doesn't look like it has 'quick release' in the Bagjack vein but maybe it's just as fast to cinch - and it looks like it actually uses seatbelt material like ACR instead of the cheaper woven stuff that basic Bagjack gets. 

The Bagjack stuff is internally compatible with ACR tho of course

Edited by supersquirrel

While I sit tight and wait for ACRNM CP3 iteration, A Great British entry comes in from the left field.

http://www.hunterboots.com/poncho-capes/unisex-original-3-layer-poncho/black/2155?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=LinkShare&utm_campaign=gcdL/ATRVoE&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&siteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-yV9P3i.fzc1.OUiq9O4MQA

Rather unexpected and may warrant inspection.

While I sit tight and wait for ACRNM CP3 iteration, A Great British entry comes in from the left field.

http://www.hunterboots.com/poncho-capes/unisex-original-3-layer-poncho/black/2155?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=LinkShare&utm_campaign=gcdL/ATRVoE&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&siteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-yV9P3i.fzc1.OUiq9O4MQA

Rather unexpected and may warrant inspection.

Doubt it. Seems to hang / wear like a regular poncho.

Looks like pretty much any other poncho I've ever seen except 3-layer? A few nice bonus details I suppose but nothing too revolutionary and I honestly prefer the pack ability of a regular thin poncho

Edited by jbob24

The vancouver Arc'teryx store has some veilance Blazer LT jackets in Black and Beige (S,M,L) for $199 canadian. PM me if you want me to do a proxy.

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&category=Blazers&model=Blazer-LT

$199 canadian is a great price. I highly respect Arc'teryx Veilence product but purely from a mathematical standpoint the markup percentage in the industry is insane. A product that starts off at $525 USD eventually is knocked down to $150 USD (which will still pull a profit)....I understand all that's behind this pricing structure and I know that the market as a whole will continue to facilitate this process however I feel strongly that there's no reason a brand that makes good product can't profit on sales while also respecting the consumer with honest pricing off the break. 

You have to consider that most consumer brand have more than just end users as a customer. Wholesale accounts and international distributors are also customers. The MSRP needs to make sense relative to all types of customers and the discounts and terms offered at those different levels. 

It looks like you have your own brand. Take a look at your own costs and margins. Could you survive (let alone have money left over to market and acquire customers) if you had wholesale prices at 50% off your current prices plus a 5% discount for early booking and 10% commission to sales reps and gave retail accounts 30-90 day payment terms? 

I agree that direct to consumer offers the possibility to offer more value to customers as that model can capture all the margin of the final sale. It's not a model that will work for all brands and keeping prices viable at a wholesale level is important for many.  

Everything you pointed out about what has to be considered when dealing with wholesale accounts and international distributors is certainly true. My point is simply that the archetype of this structure could stand to be challenged as it operates in part on a roundabout process that in the end adversely affects the customer.

The vancouver Arc'teryx store has some veilance Blazer LT jackets in Black and Beige (S,M,L) for $199 canadian. PM me if you want me to do a proxy.

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&category=Blazers&model=Blazer-LT

If there is one in XS, please let me know.

Also, anyone know if there is a difference in fabric thickness of the Nike ACG Summer crew compared to Nike Tech fleece crew?

Everything you pointed out about what has to be considered when dealing with wholesale accounts and international distributors is certainly true. My point is simply that the archetype of this structure could stand to be challenged as it operates in part on a roundabout process that in the end adversely affects the customer.

cut out the middle man amiright? only what happens when you get overwhelmed with orders and end up with a massive room full of custom made clothes with no clue whose they are? 

Trying to find a store in Tokyo with a good selection of Alk Phenix. But I can't really seem to find any! Any suggestions?

Any other suggestions of storea in Tokyo with a urban good tech selection?

Trying to find a store in Tokyo with a good selection of Alk Phenix. But I can't really seem to find any! Any suggestions?

Any other suggestions of storea in Tokyo with a urban good tech selection?

Just came back from there. Didn't have any luck either; especially the L sizes. (same with and Wander & the Tilak+ stuff). My theory is: Stuff sold out in days/months when it came out, or, since most shops in their dealers list carry a ton of brands/styles or are small, Stock. Best selection was in a store in Fukuoka, but were talking 4/5 items.

Edit: Oshman's @ Shinjuku Station had a few ss shirts.

Ah, and Descente has some cool stuff going on with their Allterrain jackets and Blanc line, if your frame isn't too large.

Edited by hjpx

Just came back from there. Didn't have any luck either; especially the L sizes. (same with and Wander & the Tilak+ stuff). My theory is: Stuff sold out in days/months when it came out, or, since most shops in their dealers list carry a ton of brands/styles or are small, Stock. Best selection was in a store in Fukuoka, but were talking 4/5 items.

Edit: Oshman's @ Shinjuku Station had a few ss shirts.

Ah, and Descente has some cool stuff going on with their Allterrain jackets and Blanc line, if your frame isn't too large.

I went to En Route in Ginza today. They had the Karu pants, the Shu Zak short and the Duo Tee. All in navy. I'm looking for black. No luck in the other stores listed as sellers.

on another note I bought pair of Civilized pants. Don't really know too much about the brand but they have som cool stuff.

Can't seem to find it atm but there's a reddit-post by ^that guy showing that jacket and the whole creation and construction of it.

Looks really good, nice price too (considering that the materials alone were like 200$ for it iirc)

edit: found it https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion/comments/4gdy74/developed_patterned_and_constructed_a_garment_a/

Edited by kindofyoung