does anyone know about a safe, practical and nice looking helmet for biking downtown?

i've been biking helmet-free for over a year in Paris now but several people i know having had accidents lately made me decide to become extra safer

For more sport-cycling and racing, I've been a Giro wearer for many years. The Atmos is my pick and comes in matte black.

The best defense when cycling is a good offense, IMO. Avoiding any accident > any protection you can have.

That being said, I like my Catlike Whisper (and have the unfortunate experience of testing it), although some people are completely repulsed by the looks, so be ready for that kind of reaction.

Check out Casco also, they make some really nice stuff.

I mean you do the best you can, but that's kind of like saying "driving defensively is better than riding a seatbelt", which is patently ridiculous.

But as mentioned above, those who ride decide.

does anyone know about a safe, practical and nice looking helmet for biking downtown?

i've been biking helmet-free for over a year in Paris now but several people i know having had accidents lately made me decide to become extra safer

Never hurts to have a helmet. People can choose to not wear one and feel like that works. I however have been in 2 pretty high speed crashes (one coming down a hill at 35 miles an hour and one in a crit around 20 miles an hour) and managed to not have any brain damage. I'll wear a helmet for the 1 mile ride to work or my longer fun rides, always and forever.

I used to be all about the Lazer Genesis. Also loved the Bell Atmos. Recently got a Catlike Whisper on sale and really love the look/ventilation. A lot of my roadie friends swear by Kask helmets for fit/ventilation.

Hey everyone !

I bought a Guerrilla Group pants with a water repellant treatment. Do you know what can I do to keep this characteristic for a long time ? Like do I have to wash it in a particular way, or use something special to wash it ? :o

Hey everyone !

I bought a Guerrilla Group pants with a water repellant treatment. Do you know what can I do to keep this characteristic for a long time ? Like do I have to wash it in a particular way, or use something special to wash it ? :o

On softshells, I just re-apply water repelant formula from an outdoor supply store.

levi's keeps trying since 2006, I still remember the ipod jeans that looked quite dope. I find the bike mode that require to remove RIGHT hand from your handlebars to control HEADPHONES while riding more stupid than wearing no helmet.

levis-ipod-jeans2.jpg

And Wander Fall/Winter 2016 Lookbook

And Wander is the type of brand that could only exist in Japan. It’s a niche enthusiast hiking and outdoor label that makes specialized gear for that purpose. That being said the utilitarian design doesn’t take away from the fact that And Wander really finesses and stylizes each piece. Notable items include the tech-shells and a wild waterproof cape that you can see in the looks below. If you’re looking for stylish performance gear that can blend in with the clothes you already have , And Wander FW16 should serve you well.

OyLV3Qh.jpg
1g5wr9V.jpgiTbw8Hi.jpg

Edited by SuE

I don't know anything about the brand and for all I know they might make great clothes, but that styling is just ridicilous

All the looks or any particular subset you find controversial? The cape will always be divisive and that bib-hoodie is what it is but on balance I think the collection is on point. (p.s. the choice of models might not make it obvious but many of the looks are unisex/for women...)

All the looks or any particular subset you find controversial? The cape will always be divisive and that bib-hoodie is what it is but on balance I think the collection is on point. (p.s. the choice of models might not make it obvious but many of the looks are unisex/for women...)

its the combinations that irk me, they look very thrown together and incoherent. for example in the first look, the fluffy looking shorts layered over pants look super weird. second look is very generic out, take out the vest and it kind of looks like a middle aged jogger. third one is ok, last one again the combo of the jacket, skirt/whatever and leggings looks awkward.

I want to buy some ACG cargos, but can only seem to find large or small. I'm 6'ft 2 and weigh 165 pounds and have a 30 inch hip waist (I wear my pants on the hip). Do you guys think I should get a large or small? (unless I find a medium of course) 

anyone had experience with Baicyclon messenger bags?

recently grabbed an ACR Interops jacket so looking for a cheaper alternative to a 3a messenger bag with a quick release feature to fully take advantage of the interops system. Any other quick release systems out there other than Baicyclon/Bagjack?

I want to buy some ACG cargos, but can only seem to find large or small. I'm 6'ft 2 and weigh 165 pounds and have a 30 inch hip waist (I wear my pants on the hip). Do you guys think I should get a large or small? (unless I find a medium of course) 

if you normally wear pants that are 15" across, you should be fine with a small. Im roughly ~34 inches and medium fits me perfectly 

that said, I don't know about length.

anyone had experience with Baicyclon messenger bags?

recently grabbed an ACR Interops jacket so looking for a cheaper alternative to a 3a messenger bag with a quick release feature to fully take advantage of the interops system. Any other quick release systems out there other than Baicyclon/Bagjack?

Instead of the baicyclon messenger bag, I went with an OG bagjack bag. Hemmed and hawed before getting this bag since I wanted something a little more versatile than my old chrome messenger bag or freight backpack. I'm coming at this from a guy who runs hot/sweaty all the time and rides a bike almost everywhere. The bagjack is one of the best bags I've ever had in terms of finish and overall design. In terms of "quick release" - there's a lot of messenger bags that will do similar. Chrome of course with their seatbelt, Baileyworks, Archive bags. 

The huge selling point for me with bagjack was the versatility for carrying. The strap(s) allow the bag to be slung down low, or way up high whether I'm wearing it as a messenger bag while riding, slinging it low at the hip for camera access/pedestrian mode, or even worn as a 'backpack' if I've managed to overload the bag. One thing I do regret about my bag was getting a carry handle (I got the big rubber handle) and sometimes I wish I got a slightly smaller size. I went with the arrowjack and sometimes wish I had a littlejack. Baicyclon bags look pretty much the same, just a little cheaper (now makes me wish I went with one of those)