Would I look like a total Bitch if I use these as daily sunglasses this summer ?

http://www.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nexusae0_Recon-Jet_black.jpg

Yes. Supposedly they're for athletes to have a constant feed of biometric data from their other wearables, but why you would attach it to your face is not clear. There's not a lot of functional benefit to that, at least that I can see.

Then if you're just going to wear them as sunglasses and completely disregard the point of the device, which is to give you a HUD of your own data, why not just wear regular sunglasses and a hat, which is more functional to your purpose?

Sorry if this is ragging on you a bit, I don't mean to come off that way; just trying to deconstruct the purpose of this item. It's not a fashion, or statement piece, but it's so obviously saying "I'm wearing something hitec and expensive" that it becomes those things, so you have to keep that in mind.

Thanks for the analysis. I see your points, entirely. I'm merely thinking through a techwear point of view, having a HUD on your eye wear could be pretty sweet and suiting to the aesthetic.

There are a few neat little features like GPS and maps; text, call and social media notifications that I think could prove useful. All this as well as functioning as, you know, glasses.

Ikr? Just like those people that wear cargo/BDU pants when they're not even in the army, or leather rider jackets when they haven't even got a motorbike.

Call them motocross pants, call them whatever the hell you want but--at least where I'm from-- these diaper-assed, extreme taper to the ankle pants have become a prevailing menswear trend and it's really just an incredible eyesore. I was driving up Notre-Dame and this asshole hipster was standing in the middle of the street with his pants sagging below his ass while simultaneously being painted to his calves. (Truth be told, it was impressive display.) 

I'm largely unware, and this is a serious question: Does anyone else make trousers similar in cut, silhouette, mobility, and pocket-usefulness to Acronym's P9? Ideally, not in cotton.

Pegged cuts, dropped seats, and bulbous cargo pocket designs need not apply.

Seriously doubt it.

First view of the prototype Sputnik I received from BAGJACK today ... more infos soon, sorry very busy right now

13227768_10153859742178423_6015789081866

Edited by bento

Super inspired recently by the 3A stuff by Kim Fung Wong and Ashley Wood.

No surprise here. Ashley Wood and 3A always had all the good techwear/ACR aesthetic vibes. Great stuff.

Question that's not expressly urban tech related but there are so few active threads that I think that this would work best:

I remember Guerilla Group being mentioned earlier in the thread and I wasn't able to search back enough to find the discussion. What was the consensus on sizing? That it was cut small, right? (I know there are measurements, would still like second opinions)

Because I'm interested in getting a tank and the ballcap but I might be too burly... 

The History, and the Future, of the High-Heeled Shoe 

Singh, 37, is a former recruiter at SpaceX, Elon Musk’s rocket engineering firm whose offices in Hawthorne, CA, consist largely of hangar and factory space. She spent much of her time on that job walking—“about 3 to 4 miles a day,†she recalls—on hard floors that were particularly ill-suited to the wearing of heels. She wore them anyway: Working in an industry dominated by men, she appreciated the few extra inches of height the shoes gave her. (And also: the sense of professionalism, and of femininity.) It didn’t take much research to realize that many women, every day, live their own version of that compromise. So, when Singh left SpaceX, she recruited some of its employees—among them, yes, a rocket scientist and a former astronaut—to help solve a problem that is generally not treated as a problem at all so much as an unfortunate fact of ladylife: the insult and occasionally the injury that can come from the wearing of heels...

Thesis is certainly not the first company to claim to have made a comfortable heel. What makes its approach unique, though, is that it isn’t relying on low heel heights or thick heel widths or wide toe boxes or excessive interior padding—the stuff of dancing shoes and Naturalizers and their ilk—to improve its heels’ comfort levels. (“Comfort shoe,†indeed, is something of an epithet around Thesis’s sleek L.A. office.) Instead, the company reconsidered the architectural framework of the shoe...

UHUQ15Z.jpg

^ Didn't read that whole article, but it all seems so tech (industry, not wear): over-engineer a 'solution' to a problem while completely missing the point. In this case, workplace sexism and patriarchal beauty standards. Their 3D mesh model Rhino screenshot is also pretty unconvincing, especially for a brand pretentiously called 'Thesis'.

On another note, these Montbell sandals are amazing (thanks for the tip merzbot). Simple, updated take on trad design. Light and cheap - now I need to find a proxy because the plain black ones aren't available outside of Japan as far as I can tell.

Whoah, liking the alk phenix stuff. 

Anyone have any info on these sandals?
10.jpg

Edited by Loos Threads

Call them motocross pants, call them whatever the hell you want but--at least where I'm from-- these diaper-assed, extreme taper to the ankle pants have become a prevailing menswear trend and it's really just an incredible eyesore. I was driving up Notre-Dame and this asshole hipster was standing in the middle of the street with his pants sagging below his ass while simultaneously being painted to his calves. (Truth be told, it was impressive display.) 

Did he look like this?

2Gy7hra.gif

These are live now. I love Aitor as much as anyone here but lol

Can only expect so much from his gstar collabs, interesting construction method though. Is having sick tech fades going to be the new trend?

poc helmets look the best and also are one of the safest. or grab on of the airbag neckgaiters.

Poc is far from the safest. This is a common misconseption. I'm an acttice cyclist, and I've seen plenty of crashed Pocs.They rearely perfome well.

A good friend of mine works in the bike industry designing helmets, and from what he tells me I will never wear a Poc.

The best defense when cycling is a good offense, IMO. Avoiding any accident > any protection you can have.

That being said, I like my Catlike Whisper (and have the unfortunate experience of testing it), although some people are completely repulsed by the looks, so be ready for that kind of reaction.

Check out Casco also, they make some really nice stuff.

That being said, I like my Catlike Whisper (and have the unfortunate experience of testing it), although some people are completely repulsed by the looks, so be ready for that kind of reaction.

Really? I've gotten so many strong compliments on mine. I often choose to ride without a helmet, especially in the summer, and agree with you on the importance of riding offensively/conscously. I think that not wearing influences both riding style and how cars react to sharing the road with you. But I have no strong opinions either way. Those who ride, decide.

Love that meanswhile piece above.

I've always had a thing for the Catlike lids - though I, too, usually roll around w/o (sorry mom!). There's no substitution for being aware (and knowing how to take a fall) + making yourself present to surrounding traffic.

Edited by Appleseed