No way, thats sick. I'm totally buying that white thing (price notwithstanding). 

I only see the black on their site right now.. 

Edited by jbob24

Anybody get any of the Y3 sport stuff? I'm curious what people think of the backpack and vest/bag in particular.  The whole collection looked good to me, but the only sizes left when I went to buy were mostly too small. :(

Leaving soon for my Expedition in Nepal. Will publish an EDC/ Techwear review maybe before departure or when I'm back. Anyway will post some further tests here. gonna test some nice Aerogel insulated Hardshell and a supertechwear Combat pants (for civilian use during trek)  amongst other things... anyway... just got my hands on this recently...  a nice waterproof and shockproof insert... it fits with the brand's bag, of course, but in my case also fit with my BAGJACK and FREITAG bags, a nice way to transform any bag into a camera bag with shock and water protection...  by WOTANCRAFT

bwixs_001%281280%29.gif

Edited by bento

Ok, can officially announce that we developed in the previous months a special SPUTNIK bag in collaboration with BAGJACK for our upcoming expedition in Nepal, with special EDC and Safety features... I will test the prototype during the expedition and we will launch a limited series later this year. pictures of the prototype to be uploaded here in the coming weeks... (yeah i'm pretty excited)

Fashion in an Age of Technology

Curator Andrew Bolton investigates the very themes Gibson examined in Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, this year’s Anna Wintour Costume Center exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Bolton selected more than 150 garments that explore the oppositions between haute couture and ready-to-wear, tracing the divisions between clothes made by hand and those made by machine from the advent of the sewing machine to the present.

Bolton discusses the future of fashion with Gibson, questioning if machines could eventually replicate the intricate stitching done by tailors on Savile Row, how fast fashion contributes to a dystopian destiny, and when counterculture style evolves into a mainstream uniform. At his home in Vancouver, the Canadian-American author of Neuromancer was reached by Bolton in New York City.

john ortved—What are you wearing right now? 

william gibson—Will you tell us what you’re wearing?

john—I absolutely will.

william—OK, I’m wearing Acronym pants, an Arc’teryx sweater, and a puffy Uniqlo vest.

andrew bolton—I’m pretty casual today. I’m wearing a pair of Thom Browne chinos, and a pair of Thom Browne wingtips, a Margiela baby-blue crew-neck sweater, and a Prada shirt. I’m fully labeled today!

john—I’m wearing black Nudie jeans and a white American Apparel t-shirt. And I’m at my home office so I’m in my socks. They’re very colorful.

william—Very good!

john—In the most general terms, what do you think about the future of fashion?

Any of you guys know anyone that does any Molle pouches/ attachments that look techy as opposed to mil spec? And I'm also looking for some way of dropping some internal pockets into a 3A-6TS to keep my electronic stuff separated from clothes and stuff... Anyone got any good suggestions? I guess anything with a Velcro strip on the top would connect to the top of the inner liner.

that has been asked couple of times. imho pouches will always look more milspec than casual. the default acronym MKs with the kompression buckle look 100% military, they just look different because the ykk buckles are not really common.

however there are some options:

1_ goruck

2_ bagjack

3_ headporter

4_ heimplanet

http://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/7979-10317/cms/10317/files/bfb47cb0-1eb7-4da3-b541-9ca4594dca51?max=800&_mzcb=

STEALTH-PURSE-X-STRAP-1289.jpg

HP-3138-BLACK.jpg

385-black-480x480.jpg

Edited by danii

dont you find the grid-it to be sooo heavy? i used to use it but it's inflexible and mad heavy. its also not really standard molle/pals compatible. if the size works maybe u'd be into the tad control panel? http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Control-Panel-1

Any of you guys know anyone that does any Molle pouches/ attachments that look techy as opposed to mil spec? And I'm also looking for some way of dropping some internal pockets into a 3A-6TS to keep my electronic stuff separated from clothes and stuff... Anyone got any good suggestions? I guess anything with a Velcro strip on the top would connect to the top of the inner liner.

this Guy does amazing things: http://skinthsolutions.com/

He is pretty cool and really have a Craftman spirit , maybe there is something techie enough for you there ?

Edited by bento

I'm largely unware, and this is a serious question: Does anyone else make trousers similar in cut, silhouette, mobility, and pocket-usefulness to Acronym's P9? Ideally, not in cotton.

Pegged cuts, dropped seats, and bulbous cargo pocket designs need not apply.

Edited by misanthropod