Wait, ur gonna spend a bunch of money on a bunch of insulators (that won't work) and will never wear again; but you don't wanna buy actual snowboard/ski appropriate clothing that will serve you well and look good (and be easily resold)... Is that right or wrong?

The new acg collection is NOT all conditions gear, it is mildly appropriate for inclement weather in the city. i am not trying to be rude, Every person here is trying to keep u from having a shitty time when you get soaked and cold.

You're gonna want pants that go over your boots instead of in them if you're going skiin, go hit up the burton site and see what they have for snow bottoms, I can still wear ur acg trench if you're set on it :)

so, I've been writing a monthly column for Heddels (formerly rawrdenim) and have been fortunate to enjoy a long leash to talk about things that get me going.  It's called Beneath the Surface.

last week's was about tech blazers and how their current technical form is linked to menswear tradition.  it involves some geeking out about design / functionality and talks a lot about the genius that is Herno Laminar City Zip Blazer.  A lot.

I thought it might be of interest... I'm trying to get the word out, so if you dig it please do consider circulating to your peeps and pardon the x-post with the Acronym threak.

http://www.heddels.com/2016/01/a-tech-blazers-dual-ops-function-and-form-beneath-the-surface/

lol i feel you jbob24 (IM KEEPING MY DAMN COAT HANDS OFF). i really don't want to buy a ski coat. the trench is waterproof and warm, and i got some good layers under so i'm not going to get cold. ill have appropriate ski gloves, helmet, appropriate under layers, face mask, etc. the coat won't get destroyed because i don't suck at skiing.

the item that i was going back and forth on was the pants. i was trying to figure out how to make the cargo pants work because they look cool lol - it was as simple as that. Based on my experiences skiing for a good 4 seasons (many many years ago) i don't recall ever being covered in snow to the point where my outter layer would be susceptible to getting wet, even if only water resistant. and i've never gotten cold while skiing because i know how to layer (from boston) those are the only 2 reasons why i considered it in the first place. that and just not wanting snow gear stuck in storage.

lot of snow pants ive seen just look hella boring. i know functionally the pants covering the boots makes sense. i'm just curious if anyones seen any pants that aren't straight up true straight fit up and down. a slight taper at the knee down (big enough to cover boot) would be a nice look. 

I own like a fuckload of ACG cargos because they're one of the few things I can wear in the jungle when it's 82° so wearing them in the snow seems really fucking dumb.

Edited by Igneousity

lot of snow pants ive seen just look hella boring. i know functionally the pants covering the boots makes sense. i'm just curious if anyones seen any pants that aren't straight up true straight fit up and down. a slight taper at the knee down (big enough to cover boot) would be a nice look. 

try marmot. they're reasonably priced and have some very low profile non-neon skiwear.

I'm a pretty solid skier I'm just not dumb as shit.

Hah word so I'm 'dumb as shit' now? Got it. I let go of the idea of rocking the cargos. I explained why I was considering it and discussed how I was hoping to make it work. Got suggestions to not do it, then dropped it. Then i asked for some actual ski pant suggestions. Aye this is sufu, and I been in here for almost 10 years so I'm no stranger to shit talk and bashing, but in this convo, it ain't even necessary. Folks made suggestions and I took the suggestions.

Hah word so I'm 'dumb as shit' now? Got it. I let go of the idea of rocking the cargos. I explained why I was considering it and discussed how I was hoping to make it work. Got suggestions to not do it, then dropped it. Then i asked for some actual ski pant suggestions. Aye this is sufu, and I been in here for almost 10 years so I'm no stranger to shit talk and bashing, but in this convo, it ain't even necessary. Folks made suggestions and I took the suggestions.

People got to chill.  If you wanna wear your ACG skiing, then by all means go ahead.  That being said, I own the cargoes, and there is very little to recommend it as a ski pant.  Layering will do little to change the fact.  But if you value aesthetics over comfort, man, that's your decision.  

On a side note, as a skiier of 25 years, you're more judged on your skiing abilities than your steez.  Unless you're a terrible skiier in 3k worth of gear...like every Mainlander ever on Whistler - then you are just flat ridiculed.

SkxiNAF.jpg

This is Porbu Sangbu Sherpa from Old Syafru Bensi in Rasuwa/Langtang in Nepal. It's all really sad and one of my missions when I'm back in the Himalayas is to help my friends. So if you got any old gear you like to get rid of or want to donate than hit me up on www.facebook. com/helplangtangfamilies.

But that's not why I'm posting it. What you'd think about this 'Urban Tech Look'?

Can you imagine what the kids look like?

Edited by Sjefur

never thought the neg rep button is going to be that popular in utw. anyway thanks for the redpoints, I have too many green ones. It's good way to prevent the last few posters from posting. Thank you for support. I am pissed I even bothered working on 116740 community project.

-yes my post was useless (need to add that I PMd the brand name to the user looking for it).

-I have already spammed with the brand so many times

-since they have US shop only with overpriced shipping I don't even feel like I want to promote them

-with the hints I gave anyone is able to: 1) google it 2) dig in this thread 3) go to the first page of 116740 to find the brand in the directory

Edited by danii

Honestly every snowboarding apparel brand now makes slim/skinny snowboard pants. Try Holden, L1, or Airblaster specifically.